There's a popular user being impersonated by a kid. I'd like to get him what he deserves. I got his ip and whatever needed, but is there a way to punish him directly here?
The person being impersonated is Oshumar,
It's not a help that he has his skype private so there is no way to confirm.
@
Unfortunatley there's nothing we can do about skype fakes, only elitepvpers ones (). The affected user should add a warning to his signature or profile.
Guys do not use Skype for Trading. If you use it, make sure to send the User a PN with a Code for exampel"123" Send it back in Skype and you wont scammed by a Faker.
Guys do not use Skype for Trading. If you use it, make sure to send the User a PN with a Code for exampel"123" Send it back in Skype and you wont scammed by a Faker.
It doesn't really matter if you verify someone by pn, if the main conversation still happens on skype.
Maybe we do
But it's not as easy as it might sound. A live chat for every user would require a lot of resources.
That's totally pointless, it'd still make scam happen. Only reason reason I made this thread was to let people know that Oshumar is being faked. I don't even know this site that well and even I saw the fakeness, lol. It's sad if you get scammed because if you confirm the real identity you can get him banned on epvp but without it there is nothing to be done. It sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKemya
Well yeah, but instead of searching Oshumar's name on skype, elitepvpers has this wonderful feature :
That is why Epvp should work on a live chat during trades, would be dope.
When I attempted to find him, I couldn't find his skype literally anywhere.
That's totally pointless, it'd still make scam happen. Only reason reason I made this thread was to let people know that Oshumar is being faked. I don't even know this site that well and even I saw the fakeness, lol. It's sad if you get scammed because if you confirm the real identity you can get him banned on epvp but without it there is nothing to be done. It sucks.
Totally useless?
Ok, are you being serious now?
Skype chats are not approved by Elitepvpers while private messages are approved which means, if you trade using private messages and you got scammed, the chance of Elitepvpers knowing the truth is much higher as they read the whole chat and decide who is the scammer however, people do not use private messages and they are not as easy as live chat. Trades usually takes longer if use PM(s), it is just annoying. That is why skype is used during trades.
Skype chats are not approved by Elitepvpers while private messages are approved which means, if you trade using private messages and you got scammed, the chance of Elitepvpers knowing the truth is much higher as they read the whole chat and decide who is the scammer however, people do not use private messages and they are not as easy as live chat. Trades usually takes longer if use PM(s), it is just annoying. That is why skype is used during trades.
I see where you're going but simply having an epvp private chat won't reduce scams, it'll confirm a persons identity on epvp but people will still try and succeed.