Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 08:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

PayPal and trading question

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
PayPal and trading question

Hello!

I am hoping to start a little business of selling hacks/hack services here, but since I've never traded anything before I'd like to ask some questions.

Is that true that the only thing you need to receive money using PayPal is to tell e-mail used with it to the customer? Is it an easy intuitive procedure or should I guide customers each time I'm trading? What are the possible scam techniques that customers may apply when using PayPal to trade with me?

Old   #2

elite*gold: 2647
The Black Market: 139/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1spenser View Post
Is that true that the only thing you need to receive money using PayPal is to tell e-mail used with it to the customer?
Yes.
Quote:
Is it an easy intuitive procedure or should I guide customers each time I'm trading?
Depends.
Quote:
What are the possible scam techniques that customers may apply when using PayPal to trade with me?
It's possible to charge already sent paypal money back. Futhermore some people send you bills instead of money, so it looks like you received the money, but you didn't.

I advise you to read this stickys:
https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/tr...exicon.html#en
https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/tr...nes.html#TG_EN
https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/tr...an-strong.html
https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/el...elitegold.html

Old   #3

Thanks for reply. I took a glimpse at these links. So basicly as far as I understand, me as trader has little to none protection if I use paypal to receive money. A customer may withdraw money any time he wants without any particular reason and I can't seem to be able to do anything about it. Is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
...Futhermore some people send you bills instead of money, so it looks like you received the money, but you didn't.
What kind of payment is that, why is it not appropriate? How do I identify it? What to do if I already received it?
Old   #4

Quote:
Thanks for reply. I took a glimpse at these links. So basicly as far as I understand, me as trader has little to none protection if I use paypal to receive money. A customer may withdraw money any time he wants without any particular reason and I can't seem to be able to do anything about it. Is this correct?
Yes. That's why you should always request a trade. You should also request some personal information from your trade partner (ID, Phone number etc.), so that you can report him to the police just in case.

Quote:
What kind of payment is that, why is it not appropriate? How do I identify it? What to do if I already received it?
It's not a payment, it's just invoice and looks like this:
You can see it in the right corner on top: "INVOICE". It looks like someone send you money, but the scammer just traded money from one account to an other and gave you a copy of the bill.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Alright, good to know. I apologize if I bother too much, just a few more things to clear out:

Quote:
Yes. That's why you should always request a trade. You should also request some personal information from your trade partner (ID, Phone number etc.), so that you can report him to the police just in case.
I suppose this "Request a Trade" feature is here to prove that trade actually happened, and if I was scammed I can use this as evidence against a scammer, so he gets banned, do I get it right? So this essentially comes down to trading with people who spent some time on this website and not guys with a few posts (like me at the moment). Because an account with a few posts can provide fake data, scam me, get banned, come again with new account, right?

Also, where do most English-speakers hang out on this website? I guess I've got to build at least a bit of reputation, but most threads I saw here so far are not in English.
Old   #6

Quote:
I suppose this "Request a Trade" feature is here to prove that trade actually happened, and if I was scammed I can use this as evidence against a scammer, so he gets banned, do I get it right?
Yes. A RaT is a proof, that both you and your trader partner wanted to trade, but it’s not enough if you want him to be banned. You need something like a video, screenshots, private messages, but no messenger logs (Skype etc.), because you can easily sophisticate them.
Quote:
So this essentially comes down to trading with people who spent some time on this website and not guys with a few posts (like me at the moment). Because an account with a few posts can provide fake data, scam me, get banned, come again with new account, right?
Everyone can provide fake data. You should just verify it (call his provided phone number or the like). Furthermore everyone has a IP, not only "old" users
Old   #7

Quote:
Yes. A RaT is a proof, that both you and your trader partner wanted to trade, but itís not enough if you want him to be banned. You need something like a video, screenshots, private messages, but no messenger logs (Skype etc.), because you can easily sophisticate them.
Good, I guess I'll also record videos of entire skype conversations then.

Quote:
Everyone can provide fake data. You should just verify it (call his provided phone number or the like). Furthermore everyone has a IP, not only "old" users
I assume calling phone is worth it for big trades, not for trades around 5 euro or so, is it? It's been a long time since I called someone abroad, I'm not sure how it is now, but back then it was pretty expensive (I don't live in EU or USA if that makes any difference). And yeah, getting IP is a good idea, I'll do that.

You've mentioned police before, have there actually been cases here where it was involved? To me it seems like much of a hassle if trade sum is not large and due to the fact that most likely me and customer will be from different countries.
Old   #8

Quote:
Good, I guess I'll also record videos of entire skype conversations then
But donít forget to share important information (personal data, account logins etc.) only via a private forum message. Thatís the most comfortable way for admins to review a scam.
Quote:
I assume calling phone is worth it for big trades, not for trades around 5 euro or so, is it? It's been a long time since I called someone abroad, I'm not sure how it is now, but back then it was pretty expensive (I don't live in EU or USA if that makes any difference). And yeah, getting IP is a good idea, I'll do that.
Maybe, but a scanned ID should be enough (preferably with a handwritten note or a current newspaper next to it). Epvp will commit the IP to the police, if you report someone for scamming btw.
Quote:
You've mentioned police before, have there actually been cases here where it was involved? To me it seems like much of a hassle if trade sum is not large and due to the fact that most likely me and customer will be from different countries.
Yes, there have been cases (but maybe not overseas). You should just try to decrease the risks of a scam by using safe payment methods. Alternatively use a middleman (but not everyone will take the risk ofc).
Old   #9

Alright, just one more minor thing to clear up:

Quote:
...Maybe, but a scanned ID should be enough (preferably with a handwritten note or a current newspaper next to it)...
By ID do you mean passport, the main identification document that any country gives to its citizens?
Old   #10

Yes, just something that shows his/her personal data.
Old   #11

Thank you very much, you've been very helpful!