Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 12:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

What can nexon do?

Discussion on What can nexon do? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What can nexon do?

my question is since there are people who are worried about dll editing and packet editing that report to Nexon, what can Nexon do to stop it if they chose to do so? minus banning people of course.

Old 12/06/2009, 22:08   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17waystodie View Post
my question is since there are people who are worried about dll editing and packet editing that report to Nexon, what can Nexon do to stop it if they chose to do so? minus banning people of course.
They could ban us, but in case you didn't notice the last MAJOR hack release had about 10k views. By banning everyone who PE's or DLL's or even mods would be banning half of their paying customers.

****, I know that even Dark Raccoon buys some NX ever so often.

Old 12/06/2009, 22:16   #3

They could stop hosting mabinogi..

Where there's a code there's a way to hack it.
Old 12/06/2009, 22:36   #4

They could make the severe gamebreaking mods server sided, and make hackshield check for more things.

Old 12/06/2009, 23:28   #5

I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet, but they could do client checks to see if any of the client files have been tampered with.
Old 12/06/2009, 23:31   #6

elite*gold: 20
everyone who ever payed hacked b4
no hack no pay :O?

no pay no hack...
they should make it for free :>
Old 12/06/2009, 23:54   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedTaco View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet, but they could do client checks to see if any of the client files have been tampered with.
Yea but we could just code a unique modded client for the game.
This has been done be4 by.... dunno... anyway for GunZ the Duel... I think... I don't remember...
anyway...

As long as we keep the checksums of the files intact not nexon nor HS can do **** about it.
Old 12/07/2009, 00:21   #8

Of course, keeping checksums the same is NP Complete (Depending on the algorithm they use, I suppose)
Old 12/07/2009, 15:08   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghosts View Post
In a way tho it makes them loose money also. The reason its not aloud is because people can spend pixels for their in game cash other than spending real money. And we all know nexon cares more about their money than customers actual service so im just thinking they probably care more than some kid can spend 1m in game instead of $10 on their moms credit card , Than the fact that hes hacking/modding the game :P
The thing is, if a kid spends $10 off their mom's credit card, that's fraud. Therefore, the mom has the right to cancel the order, get her money back, and the kid's account would get banned, and Nexon would gain nothing. In fact, they would lose money in the process of dealing with the fraud.
Old 12/07/2009, 18:17   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghosts View Post
In a way tho it makes them loose money also. The reason its not aloud is because people can spend pixels for their in game cash other than spending real money. And we all know nexon cares more about their money than customers actual service so im just thinking they probably care more than some kid can spend 1m in game instead of $10 on their moms credit card , Than the fact that hes hacking/modding the game :P
Not true they make money because, people who have no money or parents wont buy it for them can buy it for people who buy NX just to sell it if they remove selling of NX = Less money because the kids wont be paying a mil for 10k nx and so people will buy less...

The reason it is illegal is due to scamming etc they dont want to deal with the bshit of saying he took my money.. and if it happens they can say well selling nx isnt agaisnt the ToS tough luck.
Old 12/07/2009, 23:41   #11

Wellll, they could always do a server/web maintenance update and screw up all of their games, making us unable to play. This is just Nexon's way of punishing modders: making their games more fail.
Old 12/08/2009, 06:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Link View Post
Wellll, they could always do a server/web maintenance update and screw up all of their games, making us unable to play. This is just Nexon's way of punishing modders: making their games more fail.
You mean what they're doing today?

You'd think that they would realize that if their games weren't so fail in the first place, people wouldn't mod so much.
Old 12/08/2009, 20:52   #13

They wont do ****.

The only thing could do is ban us, and they aren't even doing that.

I send an Email to Nexon, insulting them. I also attached a Screenshot of me hacking.

And what did they do? Nothing.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/08/2009, 21:41   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raccoon View Post
They wont do ****.

The only thing could do is ban us, and they aren't even doing that.

I send an Email to Nexon, insulting them. I also attached a Screenshot of me hacking.

And what did they do? Nothing.
They'd probably just study your coding and method of hacking for future references. XD
Old 12/09/2009, 20:54   #15

One of the most basic things a game can do to prevent hacking is a simple file size and integrity check on the game. Because mods on graphics and on databases manipulate the size of the size of the completed pack, the could simply use a check to say if the file size is off more then a certain integrity, disallow the execution of the client.
This of course wont solve anything, you could simply clip code you don't use to make space for your mods XD.
In all reality there is not process nor check that cannot be bypassed or broken or countered. Our modding days will continue to flourish.

Closed Thread

« SkillInfo.xml | Skip transformation cuts [assist please :) ] »