Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 02:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why does character lockout happen?

Discussion on Why does character lockout happen? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why does character lockout happen?

So as most of you know, our characters are locked out on mabinogi. (not banned, locked out.)

I was wondering why this was happening.

This is one dudes theory -#%2Fshowthread.php%3F99956-The-reason-behind-our-locked-out-characters

Link fail...It's under technical support.

__________________________________________________ _______

And here's a little bit of my research

I did some ingame packet editing just to figure out what was going on

When I tried to load my character, on a character that would actually load I would get a bunch of packets as I recorded them past the logout server.
But when I tried to log on my locked out character, I only got 6 packets (Those 6 packets were the login packets only)

I tested this on all my chars that were locked out and had another person do the same.

Therefore, the character data doesn't even seem to load.

You said you needed data right? Well there's my data to you. 6(packets only) on the login server. The character doesn't even seem to load at all.

__________________________________________________ _______________
I could not get my character ID when I tried to login on a locked out character.
__________________________________________________ _______________
You said you needed data right? Well there's my data to you. 6(packets only) on the login server. The character doesn't even seem to load at all. So I think you're probably on the right track about something being looped or redirected. Or it may not be catching and not be loading at all. idk

Wish I had pictures/seen this thread sooner, I was using a working mabipake/Mod_alissa/Hotate for this data.

_______

IF anyone out there has a working PE, Please find out why this is happening.
Old 11/17/2011, 09:43   #2

so like...the character information is moved or....gone? or maybe similar to gone is corrupted character data, so maybe the wait is nx saying "hm maybe there's a common corruption among all characters" which translates as "goddammit there's no way in hell i'm trudging to fix every freakin character"
Old 11/17/2011, 09:48   #3

bah, wish I took screenshots of it. Woulda helped.

But yeah, I'm thinking that the character information is moved or actually gone somehow under corrupted character data from the G15 upload.

I need someone to confirm this however, with a working mod and Screenshots of the packets so we can all look at it, since alissa just got patched today again.
Old 11/18/2011, 00:07   #4

Lol? Alissa got patched? Wut !?!
Old 11/22/2011, 06:49   #5

Well I guess since there's not getting many replies,

I give you guys smart sniff to sniff look at the packets to help

Download that, login to your characters and look if it's on or off.
No bypass needed.

Smart sniff might already also be somewhere on this site, just bringing it back to your guys attention.
Old 11/22/2011, 09:21   #6

SmartSniff? No-one uses that. Everyone knows that Wireshark is the best!
Old 11/25/2011, 09:25   #7

Okay everyone. I have good news. I have obtained more character data by using a friends computer and program. I can post them or hand them out succeficently as I'm not allowed to post them direct I will rather post a link. in which case is not against the forum TOS because it's not on the forums.

Here is exactly what is going on.

-Human

-Giant

-Elf

As you can see, for the giant and elf that aren't locked out, there are no packets for them. Nor are there any character ID's found.

For the human, there's 100's of packets (following the login process)
I really hope this will shed some light for you guys. To enlarge, just click on the picture.

I even gave you packet data. NOW...TellmeWHY the lockedout characters happens.
Old 11/25/2011, 09:25   #8

Okay everyone. I have good news. I have obtained more character data by using a friends computer and program. I can post them or hand them out succeficently as I'm not allowed to post them direct I will rather post a link. in which case is not against the forum TOS because it's not on the forums.

Here is exactly what is going on.

-Human

-Giant

-Elf

As you can see, for the giant and elf that aren't locked out, there are no packets for them. Nor are there any character ID's found.

For the human, there's 100's of packets (following the login process)
I really hope this will shed some light for you guys. To enlarge, just click on the picture.

I even gave you packet data. NOW...TellmeWHY the lockedout characters happens.
Old 11/26/2011, 18:12   #9

This happened before, but it was fixed after the rollback. It was just a glitch nexon had, appearently rolling back helped. I guess they're trying to find a solution where they don't have to roll back 3-4 weeks.
Old 11/28/2011, 12:36   #10

I understand it's a glitch, but will you look at the packets and tell me whats going on?