Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Lineage 2
You last visited: Today at 14:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Retail] Bot Reporting Button

Discussion on [Retail] Bot Reporting Button within the Lineage 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Retail] Bot Reporting Button

Hi ppl,
I wanna know new facts and opinions about that button.

Fact 1. - You can report only one character / IP
Fact 2. - NCsoft wont ban all the bots.

I want more... so

Things that I want to know first:
Is this really working now, or just will working in Gracia final?
How many reports need for ban?
Will the reports be deleted after every Thuesday?
Can I report from different chars (like 5 dualboxes), one character?
Old 11/01/2008, 06:53   #2

I think the number of report of a char is limited by the IP who press the button, so no... you cant "rec" with all your accounts. btw I didnt try relogin.
Old 11/01/2008, 18:19   #3

Received Thanks: 2,463
siren :

Quote:
I have seen and heard a lot of speculation going on surrounding this new button. I know that a lot of people are worried that the button is going to be abused and turned into some exploit.

I can't divulge exactly how this button is going to work, but what I can say is that pressing this button is not going to ban a person outright. If some upstanding player is reported 1000 times, if they aren't doing anything wrong, then they don't have anything to worry about. There are checks in place to make sure that unwarranted bannings do not occur.

And let me backtrack for just a tick. When I say that I 'can't divulge exactly how this works', I'm saying this not because I want to keep it from you. I say it because the less that the botters and cheaters know about the processes by which we identify and ban them, the better off the world of Lineage II will be. I hope that makes sense to some of you.

I know this has been a long-winded post. Sorry about that. Try not to let idle speculation jade you. We are well aware of the potential pitfalls, but we are sure that you are going to see a change in the coming months (because remember that change does not occur overnight).
link :
Old 11/01/2008, 20:10   #4

Yes I read Official Message Boards too, I saw that, but it's intresting:

"Bot Reporting
The reporting system for users of illegal programs the reporting system has been improved.

Each account gets 7 reporting points. Those can be used to report other characters. Once a report has been issued, the account is blocked for 1 hour to issue another report. The reporting points are getting reset every day at midnight.

Penalties are in relation to the amount of received reports for a characater. Possible penalties are: chat banned, unable to join any party, reduced attack/cast speed, forced to stay in town, unable to move, permanent purple state"

And if the it's really reseted everyday, no1 have to worry about it.

So, this new NC feature lulz again.
Old 11/02/2008, 23:34   #5

Received Thanks: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoManX View Post
Yes I read Official Message Boards too, I saw that, but it's intresting:

"Bot Reporting
The reporting system for users of illegal programs the reporting system has been improved.

Each account gets 7 reporting points. Those can be used to report other characters. Once a report has been issued, the account is blocked for 1 hour to issue another report. The reporting points are getting reset every day at midnight.

Penalties are in relation to the amount of received reports for a characater. Possible penalties are: chat banned, unable to join any party, reduced attack/cast speed, forced to stay in town, unable to move, permanent purple state"

And if the it's really reseted everyday, no1 have to worry about it.

So, this new NC feature lulz again.

i totaly agree

that move from ncsoft is just giving other players some fake hope that they can do something about the boters and they want to tell them that they dont want botters there or something like that but thats all bullshit,cz its obvious that if they would get rid off of the botters they would do it long time ago and that they dont want that cz they are making money on it,so everyone can continue boting like nothing happened
Old 11/03/2008, 06:45   #6

Yes, and now we know enough about it. But imo it's useful for checking a bot party coz we know how many r they -> I mean the number of the players behind the bots, 1 ip = 1 player. And if u see all the chars in 1 ip, u know its only 1 person. It's very good coz sometimes I have to fight for the spots.