Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Lineage 2 > Lin2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

:[ Lineage II Private Server Guide ]:

Discussion on :[ Lineage II Private Server Guide ]: within the Lin2 Private Server forum part of the Lineage 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 163
Exclamation :[ Lineage II Private Server Guide ]:

Pls Dont Forget give me a THX with the thx button

Bitte bedanken nicht vergessen

Attention: Please do NOT spam in this thread. Only post valid questions about the server guide. Thanks, and have fun! Also, I would like to warn everyone that this emulator is still in it's baby stages! It has a long way to go before reaching perfect emulation, so please give it a break.

Contents:
I. System Requirements
II. Setting up a Server
III. Setting up a Client
IV. FAQ (I will add FAQ as I get PMs)
V. Credits

I. System Requirements

The system requirements are pretty basic. You'll need some or all of the following:

-Internet Connection
Recommended: ADSL/Cable High Speed Connection
-256MB+ of RAM
Recommended: 512MB+ of RAM
-Ability for your computer to act as a server. This means if you are behind a router you'll need to open ports 7777 and 2106.
-
- (For the Server) or the /Lineage II Client (For a Client)
-
- (Infinitie uploaded -

II. Setting up a Server

Get Java. To set up a Lineage II Private Server host, you'll need to download thet. After the download, install it to the default directory of CGame\LineageII. Now you need to update/patch the client. To do this, run the LineageII.exe file in CGame\LineageII directory. If you get an error during the patch process, restart it--it will pick up where it left off. If it says "All files update completed", make sure to click "Full Check" to make sure you have everything. Next, download the L2J Server (Current version is v0.3), and L2J Tools. Extract them in a different directory from your Lineage II client, prefferably a new folder for organization purposes. After they are extracted, go into the L2J Server folder and run the file "convertData.bat". It will ask you for your Lineage II Directory (If you left it default, it should be CGame\LineageII). It should then convert all the data it needs. Next, in the same folder as the convertData.bat, open up your server.cfg file for editting (notepad is good for this). If you plan to play on the internet, put your IP after "ExternalHostname=". If you plan on playing alone, put "ExternalHostname=127.0.0.1". If you plan on playing over LAN, put your LAN IP (e.i. mine is 192.168.1.2). Save changes to the server.cfg file, and close out. Lastly, run "updateIni.bat" in the same folder as "convertData.bat" and "server.cfg". It'll ask for your Lineage II directory (default is CGame\LineageII), and then it'll ask for the Login Server IP (put the exact same IP you put in "server.cfg" in here). COngradulations, you are done setting up the server! If all went well, just run startServer.bat, then go into your L2 directory and open up the folder "system" then run "L2.exe". For Login/Pass, put anything, it will automatically create an account for you (so don't mess up on your login/pass!).

III. Setting up a Client

Get Java. To set up a client, all you need to do is download the Korean client, or if you have the english one you can use that also (because they are now both on Chronicle 1). Download the L2J Tools, then run updateIni.bat. It will ask you for your game directory, which if you have the english client the default is CProgram Files\Lineage II, and if you have the Korean client the default is CGame\LineageII. Next it will ask for the server IP. For this type in the IP of the server you are trying to connect to. Last run l2.exe in your system folder of your Lineage II directory.

IV. FAQ

Question: How do I GM my account?
Answer: On the L2J Private Server you aren't a GM, but an Admin. To Admin your account, go into your L2J Server folder, then open up the data folder, and last open the file logins.txt. Find your account and at the end of the line, replace the "0" with "100". Save, exit, and reload Lineage II. To get the commands, when you are ingame type ".admin", and your options should appear. -100 are banned players.

Question: How do I get Chronicle 2 Meshes and Textures?
Answer: These aren't official, and they are only taken from the Korean C2 test Client. to find out how to install them.

Question: Is there a way to make the language of the Korean Client English?
Answer: Yes. When you get to the login screen of the Korean Client, click the bottom rightmost button. This should bring up the option window. Click to the last tab, and at the top there is the option to change the language to English. Click Apply (should be the bottom left button on the options window).

Question: How do you change the experience rates?
Answer: Go into your server directory, then the data folder, then execute the file exp.csv. In here you can change the amount of EXP that is required for the next level.
Old 11/15/2010, 23:09   #2

elite*gold: 0
1.Looks like Copy & Past
2.No Pictures
3.Bad explaining