Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Lineage 2 > Lin2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[GUIDE]How to make your own Interlude server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE]How to make your own Interlude server

Well i know theres a few guides on this but i dont think people are paying attention to them for whatever reason. So i decided to make one of my own for all the people out the wanting to make thier own server.

Step 1- Downloads

First off is to download the things you are going to need to get your server going. These are the server files, the datapack, MySQL and Navicat (GUI for MySQL). The links for these can be found below:

After you have downloaded these files move on to step 2

Step 2- Installing MySQL

When the download for MySQL has been completed run the setup for it. Follow the on screen prompts and you shouldnt have a problem. When asks for your password, choose a password you like and remember it (important for later). Write it down if you dont think you will remember it. Once MySQL has been installed move to step 3.

Step 3- Installing Navicat

Run the setup for Navicat you downloaded and just follow the on screen prompts to install. Once installed move to step 4.

Step 4- Datapack and Server Files

First off make a folder on your desktop and name it something that is associated with the server (i named mine L2J). After you have done this, extract the files (i reccomend using WinRAR for this, if you dont have winRAR google it) to the folder you just made. When you have done this move to step 5.

Step 5- Connecting in Navicat and Making your database

Open up Navicat and click the "Connection" button and enter this data:

Connection Name: localhost
Host name/ip address: local host
User Name: root
Password: The password you set in the MySQL setup

When you have done this double click your new connection, then right click it. Go to "New Databse" and name it l2jdb and click "OK". When you have done this move to step 6.

Step 6- Installing Your Database Files

Next is to install the database files you will use for the server. Go into your folder where you extracted the server and datapack folder. Go inside datapack and then to tools. Run database_installer.bat. Follow onscreen instructions. When you get to the install part type f then hit enter this will do a full install for your gameserver and loginserver. When you have done this move to step 7.

Step 7- Setting your IP

Go into your folder and go into the Server folder. First go into the gameserver folder then into config. Locate server.properties and open it with notepad. Locate where it says Exteranl Hostname, here you need to put your WAN IP address. If you dont know it you can check it here: . Then locate where it says Internal Hostname, here write your LAN IP Address, if you dont know this go to start>run>type cmd and hit enter. Then type ipconfig and your LAN IP Address will come up. Next locate where it says Password (theres two of these use ctrl+f and type password in and hit enter). Here you need to enter your database password (the one you set in MySQL setup). Save and exit. Do the same for loginserver.properties (located in server/login/config). When you have done this move to step 8.

Step 8- Registering your Game Server

Ok next is to register the Game Server you will be playing on. Go to server/login and run RegisterGameServer.bat. If you want a list of Server Names type/help and it will bring it up (make sure server_name.xml is in your login folder). Choose the one you want and enter the number of it and hit enter. When you have done this you should see a file called hexid(server #(where # is the server id)). Move this file into your gameserver/config folder and rename it to hexid. When you have done this move to step 9.

Step 9- Creating your account

Go to your login folder and run startSQLAccountManager.bat. When it comes up just follow the onscreen prompts (when it asks for access level put in 100). When you have done this move to step 10.

Step 10- Opening Ports

To open your ports first go to your command prompt (start>run>cmd) and type ipconfig again. This time locate the default gateway ip and enter this number in your web browser. This is the part where its up to you as all routers are different. Locate the port forwarding(or something like that) option and open ports 3306, 7777 and 2106 (if your router asks for a range of ports just enter 2106 as the minimum and 7777 as the maximum). When you have done this move to step 11.

Step 11- Connecting the client to your server

This is the important bit and its not too hard to do. First search forums for a program called l2encdec download this and extract it to ur system folder. The search for a program called L2FileEdit [Int-Kamael] download this and extract to desktop. Go to your system folder and run "patcher" let it finish. When its finished go to L2fileedit then up at top you will see throne click it and change to interlude. The open ur l2.ini and where it says ServerAddrr= enter your WAN IP address. Save it and encrypt.

Step 12- Host File

Next is to set the host file. The host file is located in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc. Open it with notepad and enter this in:

127.0.0.1 localhost
WAN IP l2authd.lineage2.com
WAN IP l2authd.lineage2.com
216.107.250.194 nprotect.lineage2.com

Obviously where it says WAN IP add in yours that you got from whatismyip. Save and Exit. When you have done this move to step 13

Step 13- Logging In and Making a GM

This will be the last step you do for setting up your server. First go to server/login and run startLoginServer.bat. Then go to server/gameserver and run startGameServer.bat. If you have done everything correctly they should start without a problem. Log in with your account you made earlier and create a character. Then log out and go to your MySQL and go to the characters table. Your character will show up in the table now. Then scroll across until you see Access Level and set it to 100. Congratz you now have your own server with a GM =).

When youve done all this feel free to mess around and experiment with the config files in server/gameserver. Here is all the things you need for your server (like exp rates and adena rates).

Thanks for your time and i hope you all enjoy your servers!
Attached Files
File Type: rar l2.ini.rar (3.2 KB, 412 views)

Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/06/2010, 21:23   #2

work? i hope it work :P

Old 05/10/2010, 11:02   #3

elite*gold: 20
Got everything setup fine but when changing l2.ini with my ip adress and launching l2.exe i get a file corrupt error and client just closes : /

Pretty sure i have right client.. It is Lineage II interlude client.
Old 05/16/2010, 15:31   #4

ok Tw3ak what you need to do is search on the forums for l2encdec and download it. Then search for a program called L2 File Edit [Int-Kamaeal] and download that. If you can get a clean system folder too do so. When these programs have downloaded extract all files in l2encdec to ur system folder and extract L2 File Edit to desktop. Go into your system folder and search for a program called "patcher". Run it and let it do its thing. When its finished open up L2 File Edit then go to open. Search for your l2.ini and open it. It will be decrypted now. Change the server addr= to ur ip. Before you save it go to the toolbar u should see a button called throne. Change this to interlude. Save and encrypt it writing over ur previous l2.ini. If uve done everything right it will save succesfully and u can open l2.exe without an error message

Old 05/25/2010, 12:23   #5

Do I pay for that?
Old 05/27/2010, 10:26   #6

No everything is free for L2J servers you just need to download the corrosepnding things from the links i posted
Old 07/08/2010, 22:07   #7

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I followed your steps EXACTLY how you said... the only problem is my login server won't run. The game server will, but not the login. Any ideas? Because I've done EVERYTHING in your steps, step by step down to the last detail. I even redid them and rechecked.

~!~EDIT~!~

Okay, so I restarted my computer, then tried to run the login server and the game server and it worked. Now the only problem is when I double click my l2.exe... nothing happens.
Old 12/12/2010, 22:13   #8

Hello thanks for the guide you've posted I think I'm on the right way to make a server tho I'm getting stucked on the step 8. Here is a shot of the error shown at the console . If you could give me any clue or advise of what is wrong on my configuration I'd appreciate it. Thanks I'll be waiting for any answer
Old 01/16/2011, 14:30   #9

I got error on step 6

I got fatal: failed loading GameServerTable on step 8
Old 01/16/2011, 18:16   #10

failed in step 11, dont have l2.exe and error patch, picture here
Old 01/19/2011, 01:48   #11

mine failed at step 8 awaiting response
Old 06/23/2014, 15:26   #12

hello i set my server as you say on the guide my brother connect on his l2.ini on my lan server ip and when he go to change it with file editor and put ip External cant log in only on lan the second question is my friends what ip can i set external ip or lan ? tell me

the client that i give to my friend external ip he set?

« gm commands | Looking for experienced Phx user / tamperData »