Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How do server gm's catch bots.

Discussion on How do server gm's catch bots. within the Lin2 Exploits, Hacks, Bots, Tools & Macros forum part of the Lineage 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post How do server gm's catch bots.

Yes, as it states. Never thought about it?
Here's the time to do it. If you would know the ways they catch bots, wouldn't it be easier train? Maybe there are solutions to that, we just need to know how do they do it.

In one server a gm is transformed into an orc, not only for other to see him like that, but both the player sees himself like that. So he, becomes a mob, or smt like that, comes near you, watches the bot like behavior. then boom, your banned.

Ofc, maybe they have somethin else for tracking out bots, please share your thoughts or experience about the problem.
Old 06/18/2008, 13:47   #2

u really dont need anything of all these to track bots, all u need is an experienced eye and smart thinkin.
Old 06/19/2008, 18:16   #3

you must to be a pro cheater to know how cheats work and then proctect the server.
Old 06/19/2008, 21:51   #4

Ok, this is my first post on this forum, so please go easy on me :P

In my opinion, the easiest way to chatch a bot is to ask him something. And, depending on he's / it's answer, you get to know if it really is a bot or a real player
Old 06/20/2008, 22:20   #5

Thera are a bot protection of L2 servers. When you logged in with bot (disabled GG) the server log you, if you want to come back later you just see this YOU ARE BANNED ILLEGAL SOFTWARE!
Old 06/23/2008, 19:45   #6

Yeah, and when you log in with bot with GG enabled, GG sends packets with injected client to the server ... and also spot you.

If you are talking abot the official servers, anything is possible... so "walking FTW"
Old 06/25/2008, 04:12   #7

its weird how its so EASY to bot on retail but HARD to bot on private servers... that says alot
Old 07/15/2008, 01:16   #8

Not that it's EASY to bot on retail because they know if you are botting. They just don't care. If they banned players for botting, they would have to explain why they let bot farmers continue to bot... and if they banned bot farmers, their economy would go down the drain.

Private server owners just care too much... It's necessary to stop botting before it ruins your server, but it shouldn't be such a big of deal as it is. There are not very many ppl that can pull off botting successfully... It's very easy for myself to spot a botter, and if you know how to do it just right, you can pull it off right out in the open. Hiding in plain sight

scripts *winkwink*

As far as catching botters, if you are an experienced botter yourself you can tell by watching. And if GG is enabled on the server, your bot attempts are logged.
Old 07/15/2008, 01:34   #9

Received Thanks: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzTM View Post
Not that it's EASY to bot on retail because they know if you are botting. They just don't care. If they banned players for botting, they would have to explain why they let bot farmers continue to bot... and if they banned bot farmers, their economy would go down the drain.

Private server owners just care too much... It's necessary to stop botting before it ruins your server, but it shouldn't be such a big of deal as it is. There are not very many ppl that can pull off botting successfully... It's very easy for myself to spot a botter, and if you know how to do it just right, you can pull it off right out in the open. Hiding in plain sight

scripts *winkwink*

As far as catching botters, if you are an experienced botter yourself you can tell by watching. And if GG is enabled on the server, your bot attempts are logged.

+1
Old 07/16/2008, 00:47   #10

i agree with BonzTM , same opionios.
Old 07/16/2008, 00:57   #11

I think... bots mostly were reported by players... GM's only have to wisp them and see that they were botting... cause they dont answer or answer something stupid... Detected - Banned... my opinion^^
Old 07/16/2008, 06:03   #12

I just feel plain stupid normally I'm good at getting bots and scripts and plain ole exploits to work so far I've tried both walker and divine and read the whole guides for both of them and still can't get them to attack mobs and kill stuff... lol I guess its a sign telling me to play for real but on my server there's already a **** tun of S grade people and most of them got there by botting so it really ****** me off that I've not managed to bot correctly yet. ;\
Old 07/16/2008, 19:49   #13

ok about bake ice and GG. Bake ice is know known world wide how to hack it, so every1 does it NOW. 1month or 2 ago there were only limited guys from russia (adena farm & pro cheaters) who cracked bake ice in 3 days when the server got it on, they just didn't feel like sharing. So remeber, l33t h4x0rz are always 1 step in front of the protection. I am in touch with a guy who botted on l2 abbys when every1 said it is impossible. It is just a matter of brain capacity, logical thinking and programming & h4x0r sk11lz

About getting the bot down, it is actually possible to trick GM, players and every1 else. I remeber botting on a server, and when the GM cammed to check if I am bot (been online for 37 hours botting all the time), the red light and annoying sound came from my pc. So I wake up, and had a friendly little chat with a gm about those nasty botters he is searching for lol. So believe me, there are allot of ways how to hide a bot (using different paths, resting time, putting up store saying afk, and also walker talker is pretty impresive).

back on topic, I will say it is possible to spot some bots, but if some1 really wants to cover his bot activity he can do it.

my 2 cents
Old 02/15/2009, 01:09   #14

From what I have seen..

Been playing retail since late 2003.. here is what Ihave noticed...
Bans usualy happen Friday, thus the players can not call Ncsoft all hot. Big bans happen about 2 to 3 weeks before a major update, about 3months after the asia servers go from PTS to live. Every ban I have seen has happened 8am est to 6pm est (one was 7:xxpm est). Ncsoft is Texas and on EST time zone.

It is all about the dollar! I have seen a small bot group get banned running next to my larger train. I also think the GM wants to make an example, Scare tactic. So the GM will go after 1 or 2 out of 100+ bots. Why damage that good income and ban 1000+ in a day, hell that is alot of cash to Ncsoft. Angry bots are always the GMs first target.. I think they keep track of the petitions and when they start seening 1000+ with the same name they go looking for them first, great example to bust a well knowen bot group.

I have hung in there for a long time running 2 trains.. My strategy is never run during the day Mon~fri, Never run the train in a good,player wanted, spot. I always run in a remote, hard to get to, and low traffic spot. never fight with player groups but go all out on the rival bot group tring to get the spot.

all this is just my opinion
(**** off =SPAM= you'll never nail me, and if you do... THANK ***!; time to move on to another game)