Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 13:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Boosting with VPN?

Discussion on Boosting with VPN? within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1077
The Black Market: 123/0/0
Boosting with VPN?

So I've seen these days it seems to be common that booster are going to use VPN and they say it's safer and lowers the risk of getting banned.
But why should that be true?
I mean you hide your own IP with VPN but it's still a different IP that is playing on the account. So it may is safe for yourself but not for the account owner. Or am I wrong with that?
Old 04/17/2019, 20:30   #2

elite*gold: 13
Well, it's pretty much all just about the country.

Imagine if someone from Russia would login to your account and play on it while you have been playing on it with a german IP all the time. So hes rather using a VPN to change his own IP to a german one. Even though it's not the exact same IP it still is a lot less suspicious when a Rioter decides to take a look at your account and sees that it's still a german IP.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2019, 12:54   #3

elite*gold: 20
I'll be honest as fellow booster..
VPN absolutely makes no difference, it's just to make a customer feel "safer".

Riot can easily find out and ban you (if they wanted to) if you are boosted (or you're boosting).

Your PC has unique MAC Address, that gets generated the moment you install your Operating System (think of it as cookies), Riot is able to see MAC Address & other info about the PC that is being connected to the servers and track it.

How do i know this?

I've been following people who got banned from playing LoL forever (XJ9, Tyler1(reformed), D0PA etc.)
When talking about their ban for league, it's been stated that IP Changing doesn't matter, that Riot can easily trace you from your PC data(MAC Address etc.) without a fault and ban you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2019, 00:22   #4

elite*gold: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Boosting View Post
I'll be honest as fellow booster..
VPN absolutely makes no difference, it's just to make a customer feel "safer".

Riot can easily find out and ban you (if they wanted to) if you are boosted (or you're boosting).

Your PC has unique MAC Address, that gets generated the moment you install your Operating System (think of it as cookies), Riot is able to see MAC Address & other info about the PC that is being connected to the servers and track it.

How do i know this?

I've been following people who got banned from playing LoL forever (XJ9, Tyler1(reformed), D0PA etc.)
When talking about their ban for league, it's been stated that IP Changing doesn't matter, that Riot can easily trace you from your PC data(MAC Address etc.) without a fault and ban you.
While what you said is 100% true i still think using a vpn while boosting makes a difference atleast for the customer. When someone is playing on your account from an ip thats coming from a different country its realy obvious what is happening. While they can still check MAC Address etc they will probably only do that when something else looks suspicious or in cases like Tyler1 when they realy want him to be banned. Ofcourse these are just my thoughs and what i think could be wrong ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/14/2019, 02:42   #5

elite*gold: 187
The Black Market: 175/0/0
That Thread is pretty old, but I did not find the correct answer. If you want to minimize the user's banrate, then you tell him to NOT log in during the boost and you use a VPN of his country. That way, Riot will think he just moved to another place. If you want to be 100% sure, you can also sustain low KDA ratios. With those strats, it is almost impossible to get banned.

Edit: If someone says: "They can see that you are rly good on a different place, so why are you that bad on your own place?" For that case, everything depends on life situations. You could have low FPS, or high ping, or anything else related to why you are playing bad on one location and good on another. That would take Riot way too much time to analyze it therefore you will not get banned.

Using a VPN is a good first step to make sure your customer does not get banned, but if you want to be sure, you need to do other things, too. The most important thing is that NOBODY other than you logs onto that account during the boost.
Thanks
1 User