Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 01:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Chances of getting banned from boosting?

Discussion on Chances of getting banned from boosting? within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Chances of getting banned from boosting?

Thinking about purchasing a boost. What I want to know is that do people actually get banned for boosting? Or is it just PR fluff from Riot when they say they do?
Old 04/03/2016, 08:30   #2

The Black Market: 150/0/0
It's a big chance. Only DuoQ is safe.
Old 04/03/2016, 10:20   #3

I've been boosting for almost a year now and none of my clients complained of getting banned. However Riot will remove some of the boosted's accounts season rewards at the end of the season for PR.
Old 04/03/2016, 15:25   #4

elite*gold: 184
It's pretty simple. There's an algorithm that compares your playstyle with each IP that played on your account.

Example:
IP X ~= 7/5/6 KDA (and other things)
IP Z ~= 15/3/8 KDA (and other things)

Isn't really hard to find out if boosted or not, with enough validating data.
Old 04/03/2016, 18:08   #5

elite*gold: 40
If the booster play with VPN and doesn't use cheats, you should be fine.
Old 04/03/2016, 18:38   #6

^VPN doesn't help at all, it only protects the booster's main accounts. VPN will never replicate the same IP as owner's account, therefore a different IP will be logged in.

The 100% safe boosting method is dynamic queue with the booster. Still, Riot rarely cares about boosting they want to keep the playerbase as healthy as possible to maximize profit.
Old 04/03/2016, 18:43   #7

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lir1k View Post
^VPN doesn't help at all, it only protects the booster's main accounts. VPN will never replicate the same IP as owner's account, therefore a different IP will be logged in.

The 100% safe boosting method is dynamic queue with the booster.
It doesn't only help the booster account, if someone only uses 1 IP and they get caught boosting, all the accounts the IP has played on will fall under investigation.
Old 04/03/2016, 19:04   #8

Well that is unlucky if the booster uses static IP to boost, however I've used 2 VPN premium packages and they offered barely 2 IPs for every separate country, questionable if worth the money
@ you will not get banned, you will get your season's rewards removed as first strike anyway there's a very high chance nothing will happen.

Here's an explaining very well the PR bullsh!t Riot pulls out about boosting.

People boost in China/Korea like crazy and Riot does nothing about it, streames in China even have contact numbers on their stream for boosting LOL
Old 04/04/2016, 15:00   #9

elite*gold: 550
The Black Market: 110/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojellohello View Post
Thinking about purchasing a boost. What I want to know is that do people actually get banned for boosting? Or is it just PR fluff from Riot when they say they do?
I boost pretty long and noone got banned yet.
Old 04/04/2016, 22:07   #10

elite*gold: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lir1k View Post
@ you will not get banned, you will get your season's rewards removed as first strike anyway there's a very high chance nothing will happen.
You'll also get a two weeks ban.