Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > League of Legends
You last visited: Today at 05:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ELO Boosting is dead.

Discussion on ELO Boosting is dead. within the League of Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ELO Boosting is dead.

I joined the boosting community during Season 2 because thats when I got plat. I was good at League. League was fun and exciting. Nothing was better than outplaying the enemy by dodging their killing blow with your flash and getting a kill from it. I decided to make some money doing what I was good at. That is how it all began.

How would I start though? Luckily, I had a friend named Sam from GucciGamin (who remembers that elo boosting group?). He was an elo booster and it motivated me to creating my own boosting service. I copied his thread layout and everything. Being platinum, I started small time jobs like bronze, silver, and gold boosts. As I slowly rose to Diamond, I would slowly accept more and more platinum boosts. I loved boosting. Stomping low elo players was so satisfying. But the thing I loved most? The payoff. Back then, elo boosts paid very well. A player could make like $200+ USD from a Gold 5 to Gold 1 boost alone. There weren't many boosters back then. Each booster got their fair share of work back then. Back then, there was a clear high demand of boosting with a low supply of boosters. Those were the golden ages of boosting. It was a simple, yet prosperous time for ELO Boosters.

After a year or so of boosting, I decided to call a hiatus. Not only because I was beginning to get bored of League, Riot was apparently cracking down on elo boosters. So I stopped boosting sometime during Season 3 and never visited Elitepvpers again. Sometimes I'll get the feeling to start boosting again. I visit the forums looking for jobs or to bump my boosting thread, but there are no Skype contact adds. As I browse the forums everytime I get these boosting urges, I quickly realize what the ELO boosting community has rotted into and why I haven't been getting any Skype notifications.

In the years of 2013 and 2014, what has ELO boosting declined to? Nowadays, that same Gold 5 to Gold 1 boost that was easily worth $200+ is now $50. Sadly, that that price can go even lower. Something happened between 2012-2013. Either ELO boosting got really popular and many more players got into it or the influx of LoL players naturally gave rise to more boosters. Nowadays, there are threads that look for boosts and inside it will be 15 boosters fighting for lower prices to win the bid. These are tough times for boosters. There are a clear shortage of boostees and a large supply of boosters, resulting in a economy where boosts are done for so cheap its like we're chinese children working in sweatshops.

ELO boosting is dead. The money one makes does not justify the long hours endured. Oh, how I miss season 2

- Veteran
Old 08/25/2014, 08:36   #2

i feel ya, but you gotta realize every job gets overpopulated and prices go down to hell... i got you feel, i coulda make 900-1k in 1 month from this... le good old days
Old 08/25/2014, 08:39   #3

elite*gold: 58
The Black Market: 215/1/0
Summarized post of the thread:
Original poster was a booster in season 2 and started his business from motivation from another booster. He copied his designs and layout and began doing low elo jobs. Back in season 2, there was a substantial amount of boosters and prices were high back then due to there being a shortage of boosters and everyone had a fair share of the "work". As season 3 approached, he decided to quit boosting due to the crackdown of Riot catching boosted accounts and elitepvp. He would come back from time to time and realized that the elo boosting community is falling apart and that was why he had never gotten Skype notifcations. In 2013-2014, he has realized that the boosting community had fallen apart and there was a surplus amount of boosters competing against each other for jobs. A Gold 5 - Gold 1 boost being an easy $200 job in season 2 compared to now which is $50. The time invested into boosting an account for what the value of a boost is worth now is not justify the lomg hours endured to boost one's account. I miss season 2 - signed the Veteran (SaucyBeast)

TL;DR Thread starter was boosting in season 2. Prices dramatically decreased with the transition to season 3 and 4. He misses the old prices of what a boost could be before and the value of a boost now. States the elo boosting community is dead because everyone competes for boosts and what the value of the boosts are worth compared to the amount of time spent boosting one account.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/25/2014, 08:47   #4

btw, players around gold atm are boosting... so yeah every1 can boost
Old 08/25/2014, 09:26   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyBeast View Post
I loved boosting. Stomping low elo players was so satisfying.
[...]
ELO boosting is dead. The money one makes does not justify the long hours endured. Oh, how I miss season 2

- Veteran
As you said, you enjoyed it and started it to take fun by stomping people. So you want from us to pay you a fortune to take more fun ? Come on, you can't compare eloboost to a real job
Old 08/25/2014, 09:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena♥ View Post
Summarized post of the thread:
Original poster was a booster in season 2 and started his business from motivation from another booster. He copied his designs and layout and began doing low elo jobs. Back in season 2, there was a substantial amount of boosters and prices were high back then due to there being a shortage of boosters and everyone had a fair share of the "work". As season 3 approached, he decided to quit boosting due to the crackdown of Riot catching boosted accounts and elitepvp. He would come back from time to time and realized that the elo boosting community is falling apart and that was why he had never gotten Skype notifcations. In 2013-2014, he has realized that the boosting community had fallen apart and there was a surplus amount of boosters competing against each other for jobs. A Gold 5 - Gold 1 boost being an easy $200 job in season 2 compared to now which is $50. The time invested into boosting an account for what the value of a boost is worth now is not justify the lomg hours endured to boost one's account. I miss season 2 - signed the Veteran (SaucyBeast)

TL;DR Thread starter was boosting in season 2. Prices dramatically decreased with the transition to season 3 and 4. He misses the old prices of what a boost could be before and the value of a boost now. States the elo boosting community is dead because everyone competes for boosts and what the value of the boosts are worth compared to the amount of time spent boosting one account.
Why would you rewrite what he already said =D
Old 08/25/2014, 09:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkou. View Post
Why would you rewrite what he already said =D
For the lazy guys
Old 08/25/2014, 09:59   #8

It's the same thing with everything though. Ref prices have been dropped lower than what they were a few months ago. Unranked accounts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let Me Fly View Post
Elo boosting isn't dead. It's just that You're freaking bad, that's what's up.
You're missing the point. Don't think it has anything to do with him being good or bad. But it is true that people do boosting jobs dirt cheap now days. I can browse threads and think to myself why would they wanna do it for such a low price? Surely can't out weigh the time invested in boosting
Old 08/25/2014, 10:04   #9

The Black Market: 420/0/0
The thing is that if You're good enough You can still earn a lot of money.

However, if You're just a baddie who is QQing on forums instead, You can't expect to earn that much lol.

It takes some hard work tho, so no wonder people are rather crying their hearts out instead. OP is prolly low elo.
Old 08/25/2014, 10:04   #10

elite*gold: 355
The Black Market: 404/3/2
kden
Old 08/25/2014, 10:29   #11

elite*gold: 30
Prices are pretty bad atm
Old 08/25/2014, 14:57   #12

It's pretty logical that the prices have dropped a lot. When the supply (boosters) keeps increasing, it means you will compete about the price and everyone are forced to lower the prices or else no boostee will pick you..

This happens for prices in the real world aswell.
Old 08/28/2014, 06:42   #13

Quote:
The thing is that if You're good enough You can still earn a lot of money.

However, if You're just a baddie who is QQing on forums instead, You can't expect to earn that much lol.

It takes some hard work tho, so no wonder people are rather crying their hearts out instead. OP is prolly low elo.
I guess Diamond 1 is low elo. Who woulda thought?

For people with actually relevant responses, I know how marketing works and realize the prices will never go back to what they used to be. Just saying the way things are sucks. I guess I'm just an old man being nostalgic.
Old 08/28/2014, 11:21   #14

Quote:
The thing is that if You're good enough You can still earn a lot of money.... prolly low elo.
Thats not true. I am also offering Elo-Boost (for retarded low prices) but still there are no customers. And i am Dia 1 right now with 66 LP . And i even help people to stay in their desired league by giving some free wins and Lane/Champ/runes guide to them , so they dont drop.

There are 2 reasons why getting a Boost job is hard:

-People dont look for Elo-boost anymore // not that much
-If you are new you get allmost no CHANCE to prove yourself since people with 100 + TBM are getting most of the jobs (Normal , since they are trusted.) The only thing you get as newcomer are vouches. With are USELESS since people still dont buy boost!

I think as a new booster your chances are pretty low to get some work.

But thats only my opinion , kappa.
Old 08/28/2014, 13:52   #15

it's not about the qq, it's just that there are so many boosters now since every kid with an internet connection wants to boost, so it's much harder to differentiate oneself