Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Last Chaos
You last visited: Today at 23:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Last Chaos Dear ImGui Overlay

Discussion on Last Chaos Dear ImGui Overlay within the Last Chaos forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Last Chaos Dear ImGui Overlay

Hello Community,

I'm currently learning game hacking and am working on creating an internal overlay using Dear ImGui for Last Chaos. I've successfully developed a DLL that is injected into the game and hooks into the DirectX EndScene function to render ImGui. Although the GUI is rendered, it doesn't respond to any inputs. I attempted to use SetWindowLongPtr to register a WindowProc hook and call ImGui_ImplWin32_WndProcHandler, but I encountered a problem: I only receive two types of messages—WM_NCHITTEST and WM_SETCURSOR.

I injected the same DLL into other games and it worked without any issues. It seems that Last Chaos utilizes a different method for capturing input.

Is there another method I can use to capture input and redirect it to my overlay? The simplest solution would be to create an external overlay that sits atop the game window to display my GUI, but I'm keen on making the initial approach work for educational purposes.