Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Last Chaos
You last visited: Today at 06:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Discussion on Call to undefined function mysql_connect() within the Last Chaos forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Hello all.
I've been getting this error
Call to undefined function mysql_connect(). whenever I try to run a LC website through xampp, one is working but 2 others give that error. so I was wondering if I need to make a function somewhere or maybe I'm missing something.
would appreciate the help.
Old 06/05/2021, 17:20   #2

elite*gold: 265
Received Thanks: 2,147
The old mysql functions can not be used anymore, unless you use php4

Thanks
1 User
Old 06/07/2021, 10:57   #3

elite*gold: 319
In the most cases you can just replace "mysql_" with "mysqli_". If this also don't work, just check out your php.ini for extension=php_mysql.dll (or .so or without an extension, without # at the beginning). If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us.
Old 06/07/2021, 22:31   #4

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDJ-scripts View Post
In the most cases you can just replace "mysql_" with "mysqli_". If this also don't work, just check out your php.ini for extension=php_mysql.dll (or .so or without an extension, without # at the beginning). If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us.
Object oriented correct but procedural false, there you always have to give the connection:

PHP Code:
mysql_query($sql); 
to

PHP Code:
mysqli_query($con$sql); 
You can try PDO-MYSQL too.
Thanks
1 User