Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Last Chaos > Last Chaos Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Connect to server from outside Lan, server behind firewall

Discussion on Connect to server from outside Lan, server behind firewall within the Last Chaos Private Server forum part of the Last Chaos category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Connect to server from outside Lan, server behind firewall

Dear,

I've setup a server in my local lan network, it has IP address 192.168.1.***
Now, inside my network everything works as it shoud. With the SL.dta configured on this IP Address.

Outside my network, I can connect to the loginserver using a port forward, with SL.dta on my external IP, however after a successful login I get the following error: "Unable to connect to GameServer".

What I've tried:

- Multiple port forwards (also ranges) but this didn't make a difference
- Set IP Address in newStobm.bin to my external address, in LoginServer as well as GameServer as every possible combination of the two

Next thing to try:

- Hook my server directly to my WAN connection and let it get a public IP
- Out of options?

Loose ends:

- I've heard somewhere that this was a bug about a missing line in a NewStobm.bin, but I can't find what line there should be present
- I've done a quick setup on a VPS, this worked flawlessly

I know how IP/Networks works, but I can't get this to work.. Is there someone who can give a hint in which direction to look or what I might be missing? Any help is appreciated!

Its not that I don't want to spend a few bucks on a VPS, this project is just for fun purposes and it frustrates me that I can't get it to work (: