Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Last Chaos > Last Chaos Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Developement/BETA] Bot based PvP Addon

Discussion on [Developement/BETA] Bot based PvP Addon within the Last Chaos Private Server forum part of the Last Chaos category.

Old 11/20/2014, 15:30   #31

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 6,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaGuy View Post
I was in fact a contributor to the Aion Lightning project. Personally I think it's just better to rewrite the LastChaos server files completely from scratch. With your own source you're not limited by anything server side. As for loading a DLL on Linux it's simply not possible. Linux doesn't execute the same Win32 code as Windows does. You'll need to compile a .so (shared object) and load it with the GameServer.
I never did anything LC Server related i guess that shows up now and yeah,
if that are linux files you need a so of course. And if the database is updated
just slowly with stats i guess you would have to read it from the gameserver itself as you stated but than thats still the best options in my oppinion.
Rewriting the Serverfiles from scratch is just to much especially for
1 Person. You need to be really intrested in it since there is a hell lot of
boring work ( packet reversing ...zzzzzzzzz )
Old 11/20/2014, 16:14   #32

elite*gold: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurstbrot123 View Post
just slowly with stats i guess you would have to read it from the gameserver itself as you stated but than thats still the best options in my oppinion.
You dont really have to reverse Packets since the 2009 Source is public the Packets are a little bit diffrent in newer Versions, well some Packets might be complete diffrent but the basics for LC Packets can be looked up in the Source.
Old 11/20/2014, 17:05   #33

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
The LastChaos protocol especially for EP3 isn't that complex. It wouldn't take much to get ingame and you can build it up from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Notorious B.I.G View Post
You dont really have to reverse Packets since the 2009 Source is public the Packets are a little bit diffrent in newer Versions, well some Packets might be complete diffrent but the basics for LC Packets can be looked up in the Source.
Or you can just inject my LCPE and capture the packets in real-time and break them down from there. It would be much faster for the most part for most packets. Especially once you get to packets that the old source code doesn't support that are exclusive to EP3.
Old 11/20/2014, 22:02   #34

elite*gold: 265
Received Thanks: 2,078
It can also be done by creating a new server binary that handles just the info from the pvp thing. Then clientside just a program that reads the client memory where you are, if you are still alive, etc etc and communicate it to the server binary.
So basically a separate addon like thing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/21/2014, 07:03   #35

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 6,535
yeah but if that **** is clientside, those events will be exploited :P
Old 11/21/2014, 10:27   #36

elite*gold: 2470
Received Thanks: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizatek View Post
It can also be done by creating a new server binary that handles just the info from the pvp thing. Then clientside just a program that reads the client memory where you are, if you are still alive, etc etc and communicate it to the server binary.
So basically a separate addon like thing.
Quote:
yeah but if that **** is clientside, those events will be exploited :P
Indeed, I think it's (at least for now) an unneccessary risk. Of course it would be great to have it this way, I'd go even further and add a .dll for ingame overlays, such as a scoreboard and something for the announcements. But that's something I will probably never be able to code.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/21/2014, 13:24   #37

Stuff will always be exploited. But that shouldn't stop anyone from making something that could be fun.
like it could also be used to setup as a private thing. With 8 friends. 1 runs the server and the other 7 connect to it. Like the old shooter games.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/21/2014, 15:27   #38

Would be better off keeping everything server side. Not much of a reason for a client side module. You can send notices and what not directly from the server. And like said if the server is relying on the client in order to tell it the current values of the player it will be easily and extremely exploitable. It's just better to tap into the GameServers memory and pull the values from there. No client side module would be the best route.
Old 11/23/2014, 20:29   #39

Update Time:

I was finally able to get it running on ep3 files and linux. At its current stage I'm afraid it's still limited to a client which has to be run by a Gamemaster.

Beta:
I'm currently looking for a server to test the tool on. If you're a Gamemaster or Admin and interested in what this tool can offer, feel free to PM me for further information.

Open Questions:
Until now I was unable to create new files on linux. Are there some special priviledges required or can certain methods not be called? I'm a little confused there and would appreciate any help. On Windows it's running just fine...

Edit: Special thanks to Trobhy and Damona, I would have never been able to understand Linux one bit without them
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/23/2014, 21:21   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarissuis View Post
Update Time:

I was finally able to get it running on ep3 files and linux. At its current stage I'm afraid it's still limited to a client which has to be run by a Gamemaster.

Beta:
I'm currently looking for a server to test the tool on. If you're a Gamemaster or Admin and interested in what this tool can offer, feel free to PM me for further information.

Open Questions:
Until now I was unable to create new files on linux. Are there some special priviledges required or can certain methods not be called? I'm a little confused there and would appreciate any help. On Windows it's running just fine...

Edit: Special thanks to Trobhy and Damona, I would have never been able to understand Linux one bit without them
If you're writing it in C# then don't expect it to work out of the box without Mono. It's better to just write in a native language that compiles directly to machine code. I could build a completely server sided bot that runs native on Linux if someone wants to break down what the 0x26 packet consists of.
Old 11/24/2014, 06:24   #41

this?
MSG_PULSE, // ޽ : pulse(n), nationalindex(c), tickDelayTime(f)

int pulse
char nation
float tickDelayTime
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2014, 12:23   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaGuy View Post
If you're writing it in C# then don't expect it to work out of the box without Mono. It's better to just write in a native language that compiles directly to machine code. I could build a completely server sided bot that runs native on Linux if someone wants to break down what the 0x26 packet consists of.
I'd be happy if someone capable would actually decide to develop such a thing. I can't help you with your packet issue (maybe wiza's post is what you're looking for), but if you're serious about this and manage to create this completely serverside tool I'd be more than happy to help with the actual pvp functions, as they're probably the most annoying stuff for real programmers since you gotta come up with a good pvp concept first

Anyway, I hope I'm able to add a total of 3 possible mods for my pvp client bot this week and if there should be no offer from a server to beta test it, I will release what I've done so far.
Thanks
1 User