Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 19:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Application [World of Warcraft]

Discussion on Application [World of Warcraft] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Application [World of Warcraft]

Dear Administration and Community,

My name is Sebastian Lawson (hence my new username: ShadowLin), I am a 24 years old, and I am applying as moderator for the following section: World of Warcraft.

My experience with the sections' topics:

I love playing WoW on the Progressive servers (and some SoD). I used to play all the way back in WoD days and I've returned some time ago to the Classic servers. I'm a high parsing player as I dedicate a majority of my free time to the game. I often help people if they have questions or even need assistance (My record would probably be running for 10 minutes there and back to help a guy with Hogger ). I have ties to quite a few guilds, across many realms, which is how I source my WeakAura strings.

Why I am the right candidate:

I am very dedicated in what I do. As can be seen in my recent project on the [Guides] sub-section, where I made and hosted a simple website, just so that people have an easier time. I am also willing to spend valuable time, trying to fulfill peoples' requests. I do know however, that most of my time in the past has been spent on just lurking, meaning I don't actually have much to show for myself but as you said that (Exceptions may apply), I figured I might as well try.

Yours truly,
SL
Old 05/15/2024, 18:49   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLin21 View Post
Dear Administration and Community,

My name is Sebastian Lawson (hence my new username: ShadowLin), I am a 24 years old, and I am applying as moderator for the following section: World of Warcraft.

My experience with the sections' topics:

I love playing WoW on the Progressive servers (and some SoD). I used to play all the way back in WoD days and I've returned some time ago to the Classic servers. I'm a high parsing player as I dedicate a majority of my free time to the game. I often help people if they have questions or even need assistance (My record would probably be running for 10 minutes there and back to help a guy with Hogger ). I have ties to quite a few guilds, across many realms, which is how I source my WeakAura strings.

Why I am the right candidate:

I am very dedicated in what I do. As can be seen in my recent project on the [Guides] sub-section, where I made and hosted a simple website, just so that people have an easier time. I am also willing to spend valuable time, trying to fulfill peoples' requests. I do know however, that most of my time in the past has been spent on just lurking, meaning I don't actually have much to show for myself but as you said that (Exceptions may apply), I figured I might as well try.

Yours truly,
SL
You should read the guidelines for applying as a moderator.
Old 05/15/2024, 22:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogott View Post
You should read the guidelines for applying as a moderator.
May I ask for clarifications as to which guidelines I failed to follow, as I did in fact read the guidelines?

You have to be registered here for at least three months before you can apply for moderator. - I am

You must have at least 150 posts so that we can assess you properly. (Exceptions may apply) - Exceptions may apply

You shouldn't have received an warning/infraction for at least a month, and your penal record should be preferably short. - I am not aware of any warnings or penalties

You should make sure that you have enough time for the position you apply for since we would not want to see you leaving a month after joining our team. - I do

You are not allowed to be a staff member on a platform similar to elitepvpers. - I am not a stuff member on any platform currently

You may not be involved in any private server projects related to the section you apply for, if said section has a dedicated private server advertising forum. - I was never involved with any private servers

You cannot apply for the position of global moderator, community manager or administrator unless you have been at least a moderator on elitepvpers before. - I apply for a position of Moderator

You are allowed to reapply as moderator after leaving the team. Former members of the team are also allowed to directly apply for higher positions. - Not applicable

And as to the application itself. I kept it short and concise, because while I do prefer to type long messages, as that allows me to make sure I am not misunderstood, I have been told on multiple occasions to limit my writing, as when most people see a wall of text, they just ignore it. Therefore I kept it short, and anything I didn't include, I can always answer if questions arise.
Old 05/16/2024, 02:05   #4

Quote:
May I ask for clarifications as to which guidelines I failed to follow, as I did in fact read the guidelines?

You have to be registered here for at least three months before you can apply for moderator. - I am

You must have at least 150 posts so that we can assess you properly. (Exceptions may apply) - Exceptions may apply

You shouldn't have received an warning/infraction for at least a month, and your penal record should be preferably short. - I am not aware of any warnings or penalties

You should make sure that you have enough time for the position you apply for since we would not want to see you leaving a month after joining our team. - I do

You are not allowed to be a staff member on a platform similar to elitepvpers. - I am not a stuff member on any platform currently

You may not be involved in any private server projects related to the section you apply for, if said section has a dedicated private server advertising forum. - I was never involved with any private servers

You cannot apply for the position of global moderator, community manager or administrator unless you have been at least a moderator on elitepvpers before. - I apply for a position of Moderator

You are allowed to reapply as moderator after leaving the team. Former members of the team are also allowed to directly apply for higher positions. - Not applicable

And as to the application itself. I kept it short and concise, because while I do prefer to type long messages, as that allows me to make sure I am not misunderstood, I have been told on multiple occasions to limit my writing, as when most people see a wall of text, they just ignore it. Therefore I kept it short, and anything I didn't include, I can always answer if questions arise.
You don't meet the post requirements on the forums (but they do have exceptions) I'm not sure what that entails though.
Old 05/16/2024, 08:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamedbeast View Post
You don't meet the post requirements on the forums (but they do have exceptions) I'm not sure what that entails though.
Thank you, I did expect that to be the case. I only applied because that exception is a possibility.

Thank you for your time
Old 05/16/2024, 18:34   #6

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,781
Post requirements don't really matter anymore since the early 2023 lowering of requirements.

However, for the meantime, no. Just because I'm unable to determine your character, personality, and overall activity by the small amount of posts you have.

Might I suggest you try the Guardian route first? Which is where you gain activity via reporting posts then eventually work your way upwards. I may be wrong, but I imagine these 'exceptions' for low post counts are for members who have contributed a huge amount already to the community, or have overwhelming proof of having managed other similar communities. But, like I said, I don't have a clue there.

Good luck on your ventures, I waited years before my application got accepted, so there's always hope
Old 05/17/2024, 08:03   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Post requirements don't really matter anymore since the early 2023 lowering of requirements.

However, for the meantime, no. Just because I'm unable to determine your character, personality, and overall activity by the small amount of posts you have.

Might I suggest you try the Guardian route first? Which is where you gain activity via reporting posts then eventually work your way upwards. I may be wrong, but I imagine these 'exceptions' for low post counts are for members who have contributed a huge amount already to the community, or have overwhelming proof of having managed other similar communities. But, like I said, I don't have a clue there.

Good luck on your ventures, I waited years before my application got accepted, so there's always hope
Thank you very much for the really concise answer!

I completely understand that I'm an unknown, and all the experience moderating I have are more-so with Discord communities than forums.

I shall keep on helping people as I always have. Maybe some other time I will try again.

Yours truly,
SL
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2024, 08:54   #8

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,781
Quote:
Thank you very much for the really concise answer!

I completely understand that I'm an unknown, and all the experience moderating I have are more-so with Discord communities than forums.

I shall keep on helping people as I always have. Maybe some other time I will try again.

Yours truly,
SL
In my personal experience, keep the moderator application open whilst you continue to assist people. Then, when the need arises, you'll be contacted if applicable .

P.S - If you look at my signature, imitate something similar to this. So when you assist a user on Elitepvpers, if they like, they will then follow your sig and leave a positive comment on your application (or, negative!).
Thanks
5 Users