Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 19:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Revenant Hack

Discussion on Revenant Hack within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Revenant Hack

Hello Everyone. I'm new to these forums but I think I'm in the right place to ask this question.

Why isn't there a hack that will allow you to choose the Revenant when making a human character? Anet said that the current game has all the files necessary for the HoT stress test. So doesn't that make it possible to play the class now?

The reason I am asking is because today I saw someone with a lengthy character name, and when I asked him about it he said he used a hack to get it. So if a hack can allow you to have more characters in your name than your supposed to, then why cant a hack be made to choose and create a Revenant?
Old 03/27/2015, 12:30   #2

elite*gold: 1091
Received Thanks: 7,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranrui View Post
today I saw someone with a lengthy character name, and when I asked him about it he said he used a hack to get it.
The hack may disable the local check and if their servers do not double check the length of the name, it just gets written into the database allowing you to have a name exceeding the max length limit.

They might check against your account and verify if you're allowed to participate in the HoT beta. If you're not, the server responds with an appropiate error message and there is nothing you can do about it. That is probably the reason why such hacks do not exist.

But I really don't know for sure, it's just how I would imagine their infrastructure.

Tags
hack, revenant