Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Release] FPS Scenery Mode

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] FPS Scenery Mode

As the title says.

The intent of this app is for the use of FPS mode, which you can activate normally in the game's options. When you run this app along side the game, you play in FPS, until you do combat, where the game will zoom out, and after combat, zoom back in.

This app also supports free camera mode, where you don't need to hold down the right mouse button to move the camera. It works where you hold down the right mouse button for one second, and then it registers that you wish to free camera mode. Clicking the right mouse button again will free you from this mode. Free camera mode will deactivate while in combat, allowing you to use ground select skills. It will however not reactivate after combat, unless you are holding down the right mouse button, or you toggle on auto free camera mode on battle exit. The numpad minus key will toggle this auto mode on/off. Keep in mind that some classes or skill sets may or may not benefit from auto mode.

This app is very useful for virtual reality Guild Wars 2. You will need to have installed vorpX to play Guild Wars 2 in VR. Or alternatively you may want to try Virtual Desktop on Steam, and setup the display to become a wall sized television, to the desired effect. Remember while playing this game with virtual reality, for best effect, set in the options of the game the Field of View to maximum, the slider all the way to the right. This is needed for the best experience in VR.

If you are looking to get a Stereoscopic experience with your VR experience, use TriDef 3D with Guild Wars 2. This will change your gaming experience!

Features:
* Zoom out for combat, FPS in non-combat.
* Can use the regular zoom feature of the mouse wheel at anytime.
* Free camera mode available to use. No need to hold down right mouse click.
* Added support for vorpX virtual reality. Zoom in and out of the VR experience. Must press the numpad plus key at the start of your VR experience to calibrate screen. Calibration will allow you to more easily see the skill icons, boons, etc... This feature was designed to be run at 1080p. Press numpad plus for use. VorpX also has their own type of zoom feature as well. To use the vorpX zoom feature, press the scroll click on your mouse for effect. Both zooms work in a different way.
* The wait time before re-entry into FPS is variable, depending on the amount of attack commands you use. There is a limit to how far extended the timer can go to. This feature should help with big battle scenes and boss fights.
* The option available to choose if the free camera mode auto enables after combat. This can be toggled with the numpad minus key. You also can choose to default set it in the script itself.
* [NEW] The script now has an easy to change variable on how far you want to zoom out when in combat mode. This setting can be changed at the top of the script. Default is 20. TriDef 3D users are suggested to use 3 as their setting.

Key Commands:
* Insert + Delete = Closes application FPS Scenery Mode
* Numpad plus = Calibration Zoom
* Numpad minus = Toggles the Free Camera Auto on Exit Battle

You will now notice that I include the time it was last updated in the code. I hope that helps.

Say hello to some mediocre code that runs as advertised.
You will need AutoIt3
Code:
; Updated Last: 19/02/2017 dmy, 06:57 PM AEST
#include <Misc.au3>
$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
ToolTip("FPS Scenery", 268, 0)

;==[Free Camera Auto Exit Battle]========
$freecam_exitbattle = 0 ; 0 = off, 1 = on
; Toggle this to change the default.
;========================================

;==[Combat Zoom Distance]================
$zoom_distance = 20 ; Set to 20 by default, however when using TriDef 3D the suggested number to use is 3.
;========================================

$esc = 0
$combat = 0
$combat_plus = 3
$right = 0
$right_on = 0
Dim $cnt[2]
$combat_on = 0
$zoom = 0 ; 0 is zoomed in, 1 is zoomed out

Do
	If _IsPressed("2D", $dll) and _IsPressed("2E", $dll) Then ; escape [Insert + Delete]
		MouseUp("right")
		DllClose($dll)
		Exit
	EndIf

If _IsPressed("6D", $dll) Then ; num- on number pad to toggle Free Camera Exit Battle
		If($freecam_exitbattle = 0) Then
			$freecam_exitbattle = 1
			Beep(200,110)
			Beep(400,90)
			Beep(600,70)
			Beep(800,50)
		Else
			$freecam_exitbattle = 0
			Beep(800,50)
			Beep(600,70)
			Beep(400,90)
			Beep(200,110)
		EndIf
	EndIf

If _IsPressed("6B", $dll) Then ; num+ on number pad to zoom in and out of VR [vorpX supported]
		If($zoom = 0) Then
			$zoom = 1
			Send("{shiftdown}")
			Sleep(100)
			MouseWheel("down",30)
			Sleep(400)
			Send("{shiftup}")
		Else
			$zoom = 0
			Send("{shiftdown}")
			Sleep(100)
			MouseWheel("up",5)
			Sleep(400)
			Send("{shiftup}")
			Sleep(100)
			MouseWheel("up",20)
		EndIf
	EndIf
	$cnt[0] = $cnt[0] + 1 ; 1 second code handler
	If($cnt[0] >= 100) Then
		$cnt[0] = 0
		If($combat = 1) and ($combat_plus < 15) Then
			$combat_plus = $combat_plus + 1
		EndIf
		If($combat > 0) Then
			$combat = $combat + 1
		EndIf
		If($right >= 40) and ($combat = 0) Then
			If($right_on = 0) Then
				$right_on = 1
				Sleep(100)
			Else
				$right_on = 0
				$right = 0
			EndIf
		Else
			$right = 0
		EndIf
	EndIf

If($right_on = 1) and ($right >= 40) and _IsPressed("02", $dll) = False Then ; activate free camera here
		Sleep(25)
		MouseDown("right")
		$right = 0
	EndIf
	If($right_on = 1) and ($right < 40) and _IsPressed("02", $dll) = False Then ; cancel free camera mode
		$right_on = 0
		$right = 0
	EndIf

; start skill detection
	If _IsPressed("30", $dll) or _IsPressed("31", $dll) or _IsPressed("32", $dll) or _IsPressed("33", $dll) or _IsPressed("34", $dll) or _IsPressed("35", $dll) or _IsPressed("36", $dll) or _IsPressed("37", $dll) or _IsPressed("38", $dll) or _IsPressed("39", $dll) Then
		$combat = 1
	EndIf
	If _IsPressed("02", $dll) and ($combat = 0) and ($right_on = 0) Then
		$right = $right + 1
	EndIf
	Sleep(2)

; zooming
	If($combat = 1) and ($combat_on = 0) Then
		$right_on = 0
		$right = 0
		MouseClick("right")
		$cnt[1] = 0
		Do
			$cnt[1] = $cnt[1] + 1
			MouseWheel("down",1)
			Sleep(1)
		Until $cnt[1] >= $zoom_distance
		$combat_on = 1
	EndIf

If($combat >= $combat_plus) Then
		$combat = 0
		$combat_plus = 3
		$combat_on = 0
		$cnt[1] = 0
		If _IsPressed("02") or ($freecam_exitbattle = 1) Then
			$right_on = 1
			$right = 40
		EndIf
		Do
			$cnt[1] = $cnt[1] + 1
			MouseWheel("up",1)
			Sleep(1)
		Until $cnt[1] >= 20
	EndIf

Until $esc = 1

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

Free camera mode available to use? So I can jump out of my character and look around in free camera mode when playing PvE?

Old   #3

It just means you don't have to hold down the right mouse button all the time to look around.

Updated code.
More updates. That should fix that problem with the zoom out.
Another update to fix the release of camera while in FPS mode.
Removed the "F" use key from the script as it was causing issues with regular chatting.
Updated description of features in first post.
More support for multi-monitor users. App will not interfere with 2nd or 3rd monitor.
Fixed more zooming out and combat camera rotation problems. That should have fixed it this time.
Old   #4

I just added support for vorpX. This app is now more useful for virtual reality. Happy gaming!~
Insert and Delete keys exit. Numpad + is used for vorpX VR zoom.
Make sure for virtual reality, to set the field of view in the game menu to maximum. The slider should be to the hard right for this option.

Old   #5

Get this Error:

Old   #6

You could also replace @Width with your actual screen width resolution. For example for 1080p the width would be 1920. The code is to deal with a 2nd monitor. If you have the game on a main monitor and then move the mouse over, it won't continue to hold the right mouse button down. It also won't try and play the game while the mouse is on the 2nd monitor. At least this is the intent. My 2nd monitor is on the right. Happy gaming~

I did an update to remove desktop width. I also tried to add a mirror image to show the chat on the middle of the screen when toggled on. However unfortunately the gui does not display in the VR headset. Unless somebody can come up with a way to tie the GUI to the VR display, or ArenaNet moves the chat box to the center bottom, or somebody hacks it to move it, I'm at a dead end.

One could try playing with the resolution settings to make the chat window more visible. But in the end, you can only do so much. More difficult is the fact that you cannot easily manage parties, unless you turn cinema mode on in vorpX. That is still an option. At least you can use the scroll click in vorpX to zoom out and read text in chat (edited info).
Old   #7

thx works now
Old   #8

Just found out, you can use the shortcut for vorpX, scroll click, to zoom fully out of the game and read chats etc. I will leave the zoom feature of the FPS Scenery Mode app in tact, as it is useful for calibrating the screen to a zoom size that allows you to easily view the skill icons, boons, etc.

Just edited the first post to include this information.
Old   #9

My Vive is going in for RMA. So sad.
Hopefully they don't screw me over with a pretend fix, like some have reported online.
Old   #10

I now made the code more responsive by a little bit.
I also now made it so that when the combat mode disables, it also checks to see if you are using the right mouse button at the time of combat mode ending, and if it does see this, it assumes you want to have free camera mode enabled. Just wait for the combat mode to end and your screen to zoom into your character, and then let go of the right mouse button. Easy right?

Before it would wait until combat mode ended, and then wait for 1 second of the right mouse button being held down before registering free camera mode. Now it's a lot better I think. Enjoy~

Updated. I made the code run faster with free camera mode.
Old   #11

And now I have my HTC Vive back. Yay!
No dead red pixel on my screen, all works!!

Edit: I did find 3 more dead pixels on my new display, but 2 of those 3 dead pixels vanished on their own. I looked for them, and they do not exist anymore. I did make sure they were not dirt; they just don't exist anymore. The 3rd dead pixel is a green pixel that shows up on blue. Light blue on the light green makes it blend in, so that's cool. However dark blue to neon blue, and it looks like a blackish green blob. Personally I don't care too much, because it rarely shows up as an issue, and I don't normally look up to see it either. It might even fix itself. For Guild Wars 2, I have no problems at all, and this app I made makes the game still fun to play, and is a blast.
Old   #12

I just did an update to the application. The wait time before re-entry into FPS is now variable, depending on the amount of attack commands you use. There is a limit to how far extended the timer can go to, but the change should mean that boss battles should be more doable with this application.

If you wish to, please feel free to comment on the new change. Thanks for your support!
Old   #13

Another update to the script. Hope you enjoy the Free Camera Auto on Exit Battle mode.

I just did some tidying up on the text in the first post. Hope it helps.
Old   #14

So I decided to start playing Guild Wars 2 in Virtual Desktop. This is an application on steam that lets you run a desktop like experience while in virtual reality. You can have a curved wall sized screen, any size you like. I set mine to really huge. Using this application and virtual desktop has made the experience very nice. I suggest trying it out. VorpX is nice too, but I am actually liking what virtual desktop is offering to the player.
Old   #15

So I have been trying out TriDef 3D. Holy cow! The program works!! And you get a full Stereoscopic experience in VR. It's like the game is a whole new game. I recommend it!!!

Tags
autoit, fps scenery mode, guild wars 2