Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Messing with Cheat Engine.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Messing with Cheat Engine.

So seeing as people have already begun to hack the game, I decided to see if I could replicate some of the hacks.

I don't have much experience in making "good" hacks with CE, but I can manage to find the simple, and easy ones.

Example:

Flying hack
Unlimited Energy

Those are the 2 that i've managed to find so far.

The only thing is, they are kinda buggy. For the Fly hack, when I freeze the address with the desired "Height" value I want my character, I can fly around at that height, but I bounce around like i'm on crack or something. Also, it seems to just be client-sided cause I still collide with objects on the ground that I try to go past.

For the Unlimited Energy, I disconnect after spamming the dodge skill or whatever that uses Energy.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 2826
Received Thanks: 6,099
gw2 continously patches the original value, so you gotta find out what writes to the address and overwrite it with 0x90 or something. but still, it's client sided. once you hit a mob everything is reset.

Old   #3

elite*gold: 80
It sounds like you found the X,Y,Z coords and you're attempting to lock the Z coord as a method of "flight".

Assuming you found the right value for Z, modifying it +20 or so will not result in any noticeable effect in the game until you move, at which time you'll fall and take damage. If you use Cheat Engine and configure a hotkey to add +20 to this value, you should be able to make some nice jumps to get over objects.

There's another Z value (mirroring the first) that will result in an immediate *appearance* of being at the elevation you choose, but any movement will result in you "snapping" back to your original Z position instantaneously. You can ignore this Z value completely as it does nothing.... this is not the droid you're looking for.

Here's a couple of waypoints I use to quickly find the Z (elevation) value using Cheat Engine.

Soren Draa Waypoint
Z: 58.18701172 (Truncate to 58.187)
Hydrone Unit Waypoint
Z: 23.32250977 (Truncate to 23.322)

In order to genuinely fly in MMO's, you typically have to find the value that puts your character in "swimming" mode. At that point it tricks the client into thinking you should be able to control your Z position as if you were swimming at all times. This is a much more graceful method rather than attempting to lock the Z coord and cope with the constant jitters of actual falling.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

elite*gold: 0
Thanks for the info guys. I have no real plan to continue finding every hack possible.. but I have messed with games in the past ( Rose Online mostly, you can see all my threads ), mainly via packets. I was just seeing what I could do with GW2. It's a fun game in itself, and fast paced enough that you really don't need to hack.

The main thing that gets me to hack a game is, to see what I can do, I never really expect to get benefits from it :P