Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars > GW Bots
You last visited: Today at 08:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

High CPU / PC crashes when running Multiple clients

Discussion on High CPU / PC crashes when running Multiple clients within the GW Bots forum part of the Guild Wars category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
High CPU / PC crashes when running Multiple clients

I tried searching the forum over and over for "high CPU" capitalized and lower-cased and all different ways and nothing was coming up. Anyways I have two PC's and when I run 5 or more clients at a time on one, my CPU is spiked at 100% and it will lockup without any BSOD or anything. When I do the same on my other PC the CPU load is very low. I am running the same script and clients on both PC's.

The weird thing is, the PC that has 100% CPU has better specs than the working one. For the broken PC I have tried a new MOBO, CPU, known working RAM, removed all other components, CPU is NOT overheating, pretty much everything except for a new OS and power supply. Could this be an issue with the OS? For the script I am using it has a "disable graphics" option and it works just fine on my working PC.

I am running out of options here and im not sure what else it could be. The only other difference is my working PC is using Windows 7 and the non working one is using Windows 10. I have tried a fresh install of Windows 10 and still having issues. I am not sure the OS would cause a PC to spike up in CPU and then freeze up.

Has this ever happened with anyone else? What should I try next to get this resolved? Also, I am sorry if this is the wrong thread but I figured since its GW specific I would give this thread a shot. I will also try the PC support thread just in case.
Old 12/15/2020, 00:55   #2

elite*gold: 0
Sorry to inform you but its windows 10... or at least the one your using... I recomend downloading an early stripped down version of win 10 from a torrent and using that if u must use win 10....

My best recomendation would be to use win 7 or 8 again with no added programs and features if you want to run 5 or more accounts at a time... another option would be to run a sandbox/virtual box for every two accounts for isolation and protection... and to seperate the processes more cleanly... but u have to do what makes you the happiest... good luck and let us know what you come up with buddy!
Old 12/20/2020, 10:37   #3

elite*gold: 312
turn vsync off and limit your frame rates to 60. and then go from there