Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars > GW Bots
You last visited: Today at 04:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

bot ban Q's

Discussion on bot ban Q's within the GW Bots forum part of the Guild Wars category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
bot ban Q's

Hi all

Whats the odds of getting ban/caught. Should I use proxy and/or VPN ?
Old 05/06/2020, 11:24   #2

High if you're botting in JQ/HA. Don't bot for more than 12hrs, not multiple accounts and if you want to be completely safe don't use a public bot.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/06/2020, 16:07   #3

dont use a vpn. youll get on a watchlist just for that
Old 05/10/2020, 20:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borega View Post
Do you mind elaborating? I thought using a VPN is one of the necessary things to use to bot more safely?
Old 05/11/2020, 01:05   #5

They won't know your using a VPN --- ... VPN = Virtual Private Network!

haha

u can count on Borega for always supplying the static...
Old 05/11/2020, 11:44   #6

What phat writes is, as so often the case, wrong I am afraid. Many vpns have publicly known ip ranges. If you do not use ur own vpn but a vpn that is publicly available and commercial they ofc will know u are using a vpn. How else do you think many companies like Netflix or real debrid etc. know ur using a vpn.
They do not ip ban at arena net. Your ip is only one factor that gets recorded. So using a vpn will not help you at all. Other games might do that, but banning on the basis of ip is rather oldfashioned and not very reliable.
Old 05/11/2020, 19:04   #7

Quote:
What phat writes is, as so often the case, wrong I am afraid. Many vpns have publicly known ip ranges. If you do not use ur own vpn but a vpn that is publicly available and commercial they ofc will know u are using a vpn. How else do you think many companies like Netflix or real debrid etc. know ur using a vpn.
They do not ip ban at arena net. Your ip is only one factor that gets recorded. So using a vpn will not help you at all. Other games might do that, but banning on the basis of ip is rather oldfashioned and not very reliable.
Okay then smart guy, please humor us and explain the safest way to bot then. There have been several cases where players have had multiple accounts banned at the same time. So you canít sit here and say they donít use some sort of IP or MAC address range banning. I think using a VPN could tremendously help you stay under the radar. I really wish we can be having this discussion under my thread I posted here: , which was supposed to be a collaborative effort so that we can all figure out the safest way to bot without getting banned.
Old 05/12/2020, 07:26   #8

Not sure where he gets that they don't ban by IP... Everyone I have known over the years has got banned on multiple accounts using the same IP address... So if Borega could explain how multiple accounts get banned IF they are not using IP's then I will defer...

Area Net, I doubt is collecting VPN IP addresses... so if you have a way to use an account with different IPs then the one you use for your main, I don't see how this can hurt you...IMHO
Old 05/12/2020, 15:18   #9

elite*gold: 110
The Black Market: 148/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat34 View Post
Not sure where he gets that they don't ban by IP... Everyone I have known over the years has got banned on multiple accounts using the same IP address... So if Borega could explain how multiple accounts get banned IF they are not using IP's then I will defer...

Area Net, I doubt is collecting VPN IP addresses... so if you have a way to use an account with different IPs then the one you use for your main, I don't see how this can hurt you...IMHO
Well, I can attest they don't ban by IP anymore. They used to do it, and every account on the same ip were banned (botting or not) but during last couple of years I lost some of my accounts while others sharing the same IP where still there.

You're asking someone to explain how they ban multiple accounts nowdays, but I thought you were an advanced developer and contributor of guild wars botting scene. You should have some ideas on this subject ("hardware id", dat file info for example).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/12/2020, 17:06   #10

Quote:
Don't use a public VPN. If you run your own VPN with a pool of IP addresses its a non issue. If you use a public one of course you may get caught in waves if they use IP as one of the identifying marks.
Old 05/13/2020, 04:13   #11

Good points Dany boy - I appreciate the compliments and absorb the punishment... and I defer -- I was blowing kisses at Borega… also...to answer a little bit of your comment... same IP but usually multiple computers = different HWIDs and usually different dat filez as well --- but real question is why would they not use the IPs since you know they have access to them all? For instance if there banning a bot on an IP and they see strange multiple day log in times on multiple accounts, then I am sure they will ban those few accounts that seem like there being abused... and may still let you slide on the unused accounts or not ban those even though they're on the same IP since you can have some good family members playing GW that don't violate the EULA... like me - I don't bot anymore! Just enjoy helping coders.
Old 05/23/2020, 02:07   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat34 View Post
like me - I don't bot anymore! Just enjoy helping coders.
Beautiful