Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars 2
You last visited: Today at 23:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does anyone here use GW2minion successfully?

Discussion on Does anyone here use GW2minion successfully? within the Guild Wars 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Does anyone here use GW2minion successfully?

I purchased the bot a few days ago, just a 30 day trial to see if it worked well but it seems pretty hard to get it working and profitable.

For instance I canīt find any good skill managment profiles and the default one has a lot of issues. In cases where it should just run up to the enemy and auto attack a couple of times it instead spends 10 seconds waiting for some specific skill to come off cool down while keeping distance and running around.

There also doesnīt seem to be any good multi map grinding profiles available or gathering run profiles.

And unlike other bots Iīve used in the past there isnīt any community written loot lists or anything like that either.

It just seems really bare bones, am I supposed to sit around coding for a week before I get it to a profitable state? I thought this was supposed to be a bot where you pretty much just start the bot up and it does its own thing and makes you gold.
Old 10/14/2017, 10:38   #2

elite*gold: 458
About ten days ago we released a completely rewritten skill manager because the skill manager to date just couldn't handle the ammo system and the new elite specializations. The default profiles for each class were created in a hurry with little regard to functionality. I know that's not an apology, especially because it puts everyones accounts at risk if the bot doesn't behave properly, but I wanted to give you an explanation. You can read more about the new skill manager here: and can report bugs yourself here: . So to summarize, the default profiles are indeed not good at all, but we're aware of it and will update them. Feel free to send an admin, preferably fxfire, a private message on the forums and tell him about your bad experience, maybe you can get a compensation. Can't guarantee it, but it's worth a try.
Old 10/17/2017, 07:31   #3

Yeah, I was able to understand what happened eventually.

But for someone like myself who is completely new to the bot and has no idea what so ever of what to expect, it's really hard to know what's going on. So I spent days wondering if it was me doing something wrong or if it was actually the bot itself being in a bad state.

Because in my situation I don't just have to set up the new skill manager but also understand meshing, general functionality, loot management and much more.
Old 10/17/2017, 11:07   #4

elite*gold: 13
its with all bots mate they take time to get grip of
Old 10/22/2017, 02:37   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeConan_ View Post
its with all bots mate they take time to get grip of
I dunno, Iīve been using various bots for almost two decades now and GW2Minion was the hardest one for me. I think a major part of that is that every other bot had soooo many setup guides like guides for items lists, premade item lists, premade builds, specific farm routes and so on available.