Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Current Situation for GW2

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Current Situation for GW2

So i decided to post a little update on the Guild Wars 2 current scene.
Apparently on the 30th of August there was a massive ban wave (called as the Ban Hammer as some may know) which affected the US and EU servers due to an exploit that consisted on buying items cheap and selling it for over 1000g. You guys can imagine how much people made profit with it since gold is worth about 5€/g average.

Altho, 1 day later they close sales for digital editions of Guild Wars 2 and give orders to many many retailers to stop selling the game aswell. What does this mean and why did it happen?

Well, from an official post it's because they reached max players capacity and they don't want to hurt player experience (haha -.- good joke ArenaNet). It's funny cause there was also another massive ban on keys bought online where people got emails saying it was because of stolen credit cards. I feel this is all really a marketing tactic of them and makes no sense to be honest. They say player capacity has been reached and so they deliver a mass ban to the EU and US servers. Reduce players. Hurt their profits for a small amount of time because they locked key purchases as i said before.

But think about it, over 6 THOUSAND people were banned and these people most likely wanna play again and will again buy the game. That's (in standard keys only),
300.000€ in raw profit. Amazing no? This is just a tought. Hopefully key sales from me will be back soon. Stay tuned.

Game on guys!

TL;DR: They mass banned US and EU servers on the 30th of August and locked key purchases online and from many other retail sellers. They get small loss of money for a huge profit of about 300.000€.

Old   #2 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Wow, nice move from guildwars2, banning the scrubs

Old   #3

Yeah but imagine those guys who bought keys... They will all think it's the sellers fault...
Old   #4 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailee View Post
Yeah but imagine those guys who bought keys... They will all think it's the sellers fault...
and sometimes it is. I have seen by myself sellers who sell games soo dirtcheap that you really can't get better deal. In the end they have used other person's credit cards and bought games trough that, because they can't just transfer money from stolen credit card to their bank. I bought for my friend arma 2 CO for 8$ and the guy was using stolen credit cards, he got banned and alot of people received a message that theyre game will be taken away because of credit fraudness. Luckily they didn't get banned because games were sent as gifts. And more luckily, the steam client didn't delete local data of the game so the game still had its cd key registered and you could play the game trough steam folder.

Tags
cd key, guild wars 2, gw2, sells, situation