Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Grand Chase
You last visited: Today at 06:36

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement
Bitcoin Dice Game


[TUT]EXPLAINATION OF SERVER SIDED AND REASON FOR DROP/EXP RATES.

Discussion on [TUT]EXPLAINATION OF SERVER SIDED AND REASON FOR DROP/EXP RATES. within the Grand Chase forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,292
Received Thanks: 1,942
Post [TUT]EXPLAINATION OF SERVER SIDED AND REASON FOR DROP/EXP RATES.

This thread is for the people who does not understand the meaning of server sided and keeps on asking questions about this drop rate hacks or EXP hacks.

-I made this thread to make things clear.

-remember that interested people can understand this faster.

ok lets start...



Q:What is server sided?

A:

Quote:
Server-side refers to operations that are performed by the server in a client-server relationship in computer networking.
Typically, a server is a software program, such as a web server, that runs on a remote server, reachable from a user's local computer or workstation. Operations may be performed server-side because they require access to information or functionality that is not available on the client, or require typical behaviour that is unreliable when it is done client-side.
Server-side operations also include processing and storage of data from a client to a server.
source:wikipedia
--which means server and client's sharing of database is limited. although the server is at the upper hand between the relationship.


Q:How does Grand Chase concern to this type of relationship?

A:Grand Chase is concerned to this type of relationship (client-server) because more than two computers are used. examples of these games are: online games and local area network games (LAN games)

examples of Online Games:

-Grand Chase
-Ragnarok Online
-Silk road
-Gunbound

examples of LAN games:

-Battle Realms(except when stream is active)
-DOTA(except when stream is active)
-Puzzle bubble(LOL)


if you notice all LAN games require someone to create the(a) game.
that someone is called the SERVER. and whenever the server quits the game (ex.counter-strike) all the others who remained to play the game gets frozen. meaning they all depend to the server and shares the information with it.if the server is gone they can no longer connect to each other.(refer to the image below)


- if you remove the client at the far left all the clients that are left is going to connect.

- Now if you remove the server. all the clients which are connected to it will stop to share information.

this goes as well in online games refer to the image below.



- now if we remove the client. we won't be able to play the game

- if we remove the internet we will still be able to play the game but with limitations like LAN games.but we are refering to online games here. so it means we won't be able to connect.

- if we remove the server. we can connect to the worldwideweb(or the internet)but we cannot connect with the game.

- if we remove GM Mac we conquer the game.!!!!(lol just kidding no offense Macky)

now the database comes in.

Q:what is a database?

A:a database is an information present on both sides.(referred to topic)

- we recieve database from the grandchase server after each maintenance when our patcher downloads files from the server.

examples of these files are:

-image.kom
-main.exe
-script.kom
-fan_map.kom
-playertemplate.kom
-etc.

these files have programing languages stored inside. its more like win-zip.
they store these languages in a .kom file which the computer may able to read and NOT any annoying rats (hackers)that would interfere.

now as I said before. server and client relationship have limitations and the server is always at the upper hand.

the server has the control over the client and they do not want to share some files. these files that the server does not want to share have the control to change the DROP rate and EXP rate. so the server can freely change the rate whenever it wants.

Q:If the server does not want its files to get hacked then why does it share some files with the client like playertemplate.kom and script.kom etc?

A:If a server would keep the files. then a destructive LAG would take place. why?because there are over about a million client requesting for information at the same time to the server. imagine a mother feeding a million children at the same time.and the only solution would be giving them the food rather that bothering feeding them at the same time. let them feed themselves and just do the distributing.thats why they send these .kom files and others except for the file that would change the rate. just to be safe.

so there you have it. information of changing the RATE is at the server. you would understand this more if your handling a private server. or any offline games. i hope you guys did understand.


the information above is at my point of view. feel free to contradict with it. after all this is a free forum.

wew my hands hurt. DX

i hope some people now will refrain from asking EXP hack and DROP rate hack.

by the way the Item database is at the client. so there is a possibility that we can change it.we just have to find where. ^^

wow this looks tiring to read. -__-



sOulimperfect is offline  
Thanks
104 Users
Old 12/22/2009, 14:42   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 26
Received Thanks: 5
lol....
ummm i dont think u can change items...
its like this...
the client sends a request for the items when the game "saves"
u no how if u do a dungeon...and u dont finish but just click esc and leave u dont get any exp/drops/items?
thats y...ur client didnt send the updated information about ur items and stuff
and another proof that item database arent stored in ur computer: when u play on someone else's computer, u still have the items that u had when u logged off and not the items that person has...
and if u use a cheat engine and set the number of items to something(ex: number of frags from 10 to 1000) u still cant finish the quest...y? becuase the quest asks the server if u actually have that many frags...so all u see is an illusion of u having the frags...but hey xD i might be wrong...gl man ^^


all that was if you thought u can change what items u have....below is if u think u can change what the item does/lvl req/stats/etc



ok...even if u could...it would only apply for u...in dungeons it might work if ur host and in pvp it wont work at all...becuase other ppl play and they are playing w/o ur cheated files so they still interpret ur item as original and not what u did to it...
plus...i found the descriptions/names/text of the quests but even if i change it doesnt work so...might be something else xP



anywho...gl hf


Naturesfury is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/22/2009, 14:47   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 252
Received Thanks: 174
Wow..nc explaination about what is server sided is all about
sinpaktu is offline  
Thanks
14 Users
Old 12/22/2009, 14:55   #4
 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,292
Received Thanks: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturesfury View Post
lol....
ummm i dont think u can change items...
its like this...
the client sends a request for the items when the game "saves"
u no how if u do a dungeon...and u dont finish but just click esc and leave u dont get any exp/drops/items?
thats y...ur client didnt send the updated information about ur items and stuff
and another proof that item database arent stored in ur computer: when u play on someone else's computer, u still have the items that u had when u logged off and not the items that person has...
and if u use a cheat engine and set the number of items to something(ex: number of frags from 10 to 1000) u still cant finish the quest...y? becuase the quest asks the server if u actually have that many frags...so all u see is an illusion of u having the frags...but hey xD i might be wrong...gl man ^^


all that was if you thought u can change what items u have....below is if u think u can change what the item does/lvl req/stats/etc



ok...even if u could...it would only apply for u...in dungeons it might work if ur host and in pvp it wont work at all...becuase other ppl play and they are playing w/o ur cheated files so they still interpret ur item as original and not what u did to it...
plus...i found the descriptions/names/text of the quests but even if i change it doesnt work so...might be something else xP



anywho...gl hf
nice observation. and I do agree that the sharing of item information through the server and client is abled. but remember that we are the ones who sends data to the server whenever we obtain items. not the server sending data to us.i mean GM Mac does not hunt frags for us, we hunt frags for GM Mac--err--the server.O_O so if we say that we got 500 frags. the server will believes it as long as it is handwritten in computer language.


hackers-->we tell computer we have 500 frags-->computer tells server we obtained 500 frags.

cause believe it or not items that are stored in .kom files does not have a name. they have codes. examples: name: Cresent fragment code:19848 blah blah blah. and that also goes with the missions and motion identity.I think I found it on script.kom but im too lazy figuring out which item goes which. cause there is no name stated but numbers.tho im not confident about this.

--EDIT--

actually the item database is stored in your PC. you are referring to the account databse. the information that the computer needs is there then sends it to the server and stores it there. now whenever the server detects you log-in the server immidiately sends back the information that was stored in it from your last log in. and then the computer translates it into a friendly interface.refer to the image below.



i think this is how the game transfers your account database to wherever you log-in.

and this is for the dungeon thingy:

actually when you are the HOST everybody who enters the room is getting information from your PC. a proof of this is LAG. notice that whenever the HOST alt tabs all Monsters stops functioning.and the SD hack.try having someone use SD hack and be the HOST and play the game with him for a while then tell him to quit. you will notice then that monsters stops to die and begins to do they're old thing(like attacking you for reasons we don't know.)you might ask why the game still runs even if the HOST left the game. thats because the information is transferred to another client.these lines are my proof:

example:

HOST:Brian~
Clients: craymel
FrostBlaze
Choryutretz


Brian~ left the game.
craymel is now the room master.

im not a pro but these are my point of view.


sOulimperfect is offline  
Thanks
9 Users
Old 12/22/2009, 15:03   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 252
Received Thanks: 174
hey soul can you make early boss in temple of fire and hell bridge beacuase i need in my 4th job mission plzz..
sinpaktu is offline  
Thanks
8 Users
Old 12/22/2009, 15:04   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 222
Received Thanks: 28
Try cross-referencing ur item codes with those in the ENUM file.
ElswordII is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/22/2009, 15:18   #7
 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,292
Received Thanks: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElswordII View Post
Try cross-referencing ur item codes with those in the ENUM file.
Exactly, just like the playertemplate.
sOulimperfect is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/23/2009, 00:27   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 187
Received Thanks: 28
sir soul, what can we do with the item database if we found it? change the item that will drop?
sprakinayt is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2009, 03:30   #9
 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,292
Received Thanks: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprakinayt View Post
sir soul, what can we do with the item database if we found it? change the item that will drop?
well we could first look at the items that are very famillar to drop and items that are not. and we could duplicate their database.for example the fragments that we obtain could be changed to (ex)a mana weapon or or something so that whenever we hunt frags we get mana weapon instread.
sOulimperfect is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/23/2009, 13:05   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 187
Received Thanks: 28
okay got it.. time to find the item database.. thanks btw..
sprakinayt is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2009, 16:41   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Received Thanks: 1
woah SOULIMPERFECT u might be an GM soon coz u are so intelligent
oOArkFroiOo is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2009, 17:18   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 254
Received Thanks: 122
LOL at GM Mac.
senelclark101 is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/23/2009, 21:26   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 495
Received Thanks: 2,132
nc

Anyways for code 19848 for frags I'll guess you looked at initmission_us.lua. There's character code (0 for elesis and so on), blah blah. Putting drop ratio aside, even changing counter, game difficulty, and monster type for frag drops didn't work, so I'll take a guess that inimission_us.lua itself is completely controlled by the server

For item database I'll place my bet on sort_us.stg inside script.kom.

When there was cheat engine usage in KGC, and before NAGC even came out, there was an item hack where you could change the code to change the item.

For example, wind necklace lvl 0 can be changed to fire necklace lvl 9 and can be equipped for fire effect, and the others could see it too, or a spear can be changed so that ones w/ no job advance could equip it with sword skills, then change code back to original after equipping so spear skills would come out in matches, until you restart the game that is.

These were all from the 'sort_us.stg' part of the game. It got patched pretty long time ago however, so I'm not sure it'll work.
makim43 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2009, 03:35   #14
 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,292
Received Thanks: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by makim43 View Post
nc

Anyways for code 19848 for frags I'll guess you looked at initmission_us.lua. There's character code (0 for elesis and so on), blah blah. Putting drop ratio aside, even changing counter, game difficulty, and monster type for frag drops didn't work, so I'll take a guess that inimission_us.lua itself is completely controlled by the server

For item database I'll place my bet on sort_us.stg inside script.kom.

When there was cheat engine usage in KGC, and before NAGC even came out, there was an item hack where you could change the code to change the item.

For example, wind necklace lvl 0 can be changed to fire necklace lvl 9 and can be equipped for fire effect, and the others could see it too, or a spear can be changed so that ones w/ no job advance could equip it with sword skills, then change code back to original after equipping so spear skills would come out in matches, until you restart the game that is.

These were all from the 'sort_us.stg' part of the game. It got patched pretty long time ago however, so I'm not sure it'll work.
i think sort_us.stg has the item description. and im afraid that those unicodes maybe it. i think ill check it out then.
sOulimperfect is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2009, 04:05   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 495
Received Thanks: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by sOulimperfect View Post
i think sort_us.stg has the item description. and im afraid that those unicodes maybe it. i think ill check it out then.
They definitely have item description, but that's only what you can see through notepad. If you refer to hex values in a hex editor that's a different story.

Anyways, I edited it to do a 'necklace element change' hack. While myself had fire effect when wind neck was equipped, my friend told me he still sees wind effect. Looks like I guessed the wrong spot. From this, however, I think it's still possible to do a lvl 0 jin equipping asura weps.


makim43 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Reply

Tags
drop, exp, hack, server, sided



« IDGC [Indonesia] | [KGC] closes after entering server »



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

BTC: 33E6kMtxYa7dApCFzrS3Jb7U3NrVvo8nsK
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2020 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.