Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DMA Question

Discussion on DMA Question within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
DMA Question

Hello all, I’ve been using DMA setup for about 2 months and one thing that never really clicked in my head was firmware. All these vendors have private firmware etc etc.

Firmware that’s specific to different Anti cheats and such.

What exactly is firmware? Why wouldn’t they make firmware that’s undetected for all of them on order of the card? I understand what a custom 1:1 firmware is and such. Just don’t know what it actually “does”

Thanks for any answers and such
Old 03/23/2024, 15:11   #2

elite*gold: 1358
To be honest, DMA should not actually be present in a computer, so in order to avoid detection, it needs to mimic other legitimate devices such as network cards, sound cards, graphics cards, etc. The purpose of disguising the firmware is to make your DMA appear as another legitimate device
Old 03/25/2024, 09:44   #3

elite*gold: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltycocaine View Post
Hello all, I’ve been using DMA setup for about 2 months and one thing that never really clicked in my head was firmware. All these vendors have private firmware etc etc.

Firmware that’s specific to different Anti cheats and such.

What exactly is firmware? Why wouldn’t they make firmware that’s undetected for all of them on order of the card? I understand what a custom 1:1 firmware is and such. Just don’t know what it actually “does”

Thanks for any answers and such

check our thread