Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 00:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

APB - All Point Bulletin

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
APB - All Point Bulletin

All Point Bulletin

What is APB (All Points Bulletin) and why should I be interested?
Imagine a living breathing city, but for the first time ever it’s online with streets full of vehicles and thousands of civilians going about their daily life.

Introduce 100 players to this online city. Their mission is to achieve fame and fortune, and achieve it fast. Many will take to a life of crime, feeding on the city, its people and its businesses. Other players, the enforcers, will feed on the criminal players. What will the outcome be?

The great thing is, we don’t know! It’s an online sandbox. Many players will gain fame, fortune or notoriety. Alliances will be formed, rivalries will be bitter. One thing we do know, every player will be unique. Thanks to leading edge technology, players can personalize their looks, clothing, vehicles and music.

Welcome to the next evolution of action games into the persistent online space. You’re going to love it.

When’s it launching?
APB: All Points Bulletin will launch in North America and Europe in Spring 2010.

Is there a beta? And can I get in?
Yes, there is a beta. You can apply to be part of our beta testing community. We’re starting small but we’ll be adding more people to the program as time goes on. If you’re not selected at the start of the program, don’t despair, we’ll keep your details and we’ll invite much bigger numbers into our beta as we approach release.

How big is the game world? And how many people fit on one server?
Each game world or server has a limit of 10,000 players concurrently online. These players will be playing on district maps which each hold up to 100 players for action districts or 250 players for social districts. Each world has 100’s of these district maps so although a single action district has a 100 player limit, there is no limit to the number of other players you will encounter. For the individual players who top the leagues, their character will become famous across the whole world, not just one district. It’s a brand new gaming concept where the players are the game, full of unique and innovative tools and game play.

Is APB an MMO?
APB is entirely online and multiplayer however it’s a unique game and is not the same as other MMOs out there. The game runs on fast, high quality servers allowing you to enter cities and engage in a new style of game where your actions bring you into opposition with other players dynamically so there’s no waiting in lobbies. You can play against thousands of other players over a short period of time. Our dynamic matchmaking allows solo and group play with deep missions, against or with real people rather than AI. We’re still working out how to describe that in a three letter acronym, suggestions welcome.

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Videos:

Trailer:

Customization Video:

Gameplay Videos:

Official Website & Forum:

In my point this game is very very very nice !!! THIS GAME RULLLZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

Wow this is nice!

Old   #3

Received Thanks: 3,450
I'm Sorry, but this Game will launch in Autumn 2010 .. not in Spring :/
Old   #4

been on the last 2 beta's and i must say the game is truely amazing with only one huge flaw for my personal taste and that would be the driving.
the driving handles realy horribly for my personal play style but something im sure ill overcome as the beta plod's on.
cant wait for more then 2 hours play time with the up comming beta's.

Old   #5

Will it be Pay 2 Play?
Old   #6

yep very very nice man>> i am tester <<
Old   #7

It will be cost 1 Times not the normal Pay/month
you can by it at online shop's and i would say on markets

i have sent a request to be a beta tester bu at the moment i recieved no answer
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissUp View Post
It will be cost 1 Times not the normal Pay/month
you can by it at online shop's and i would say on markets

i have sent a request to be a beta tester bu at the moment i recieved no answer
false nobody knows what payment method they will go with. It will be announced in the near future.
Old   #9

But we allready knows that it will not a monthly Payment fee .. there ..

rumors says it will be a shop system to buy ingame money
Old   #10

i would like to play but only got a beta key >.<
don't know how to get a account ...
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuldig View Post
false nobody knows what payment method they will go with. It will be announced in the near future.
omg random...look at official page before you post bullsh*t

1. What is APB (All Points Bulletin) and why should I be interested?

Imagine a living, breathing, city but for the first time ever it's online, its streets full of vehicles and thousands of civilians going about their daily life.

Introduce 100 players to this online city. Their mission is to gain fame and fortune, and gain them fast. Many will take to a life of crime, feeding on the city, its people and its businesses. Other players, the Enforcers, will feed on the Criminal players. What will the outcome be?

The great thing is, we don't know! It's an online sandbox. Many players will achieve celebrity or notoriety for their skills or style. Alliances will be formed, rivalries will be bitter. One thing we do know: every player will be unique. Thanks to cutting-edge technology, players can personalize their looks, clothing, vehicles and music.

Earn money, clothing, guns, and cars as you play.

Experience fast-paced third-person action.

Master different gameplay for each Faction.

Participate in intelligent matchmaking: you play against real people and the better you get, the better your opponents will be.

Work for Contacts, doing directed Missions, or complete open world sandbox activities.

Gain real-life celebrity through in-game displays of your characters, vehicles, music and symbols.

Become a top-ranking player or Clan in leagues that track Kills, Arrests, Mission Success rates, and many other competitive stats.

Welcome to the next evolution of action games into a persistent online space. You're going to love it.

2. I'm in. When's it launching?

APB: All Points Bulletin will launch in North America and Europe in 2010.

3. What will I need to play APB?

PC Minimum Specifications:

Core 2 Duo 2Ghz or equivalent
2GB RAM (3GB for Vista64 / Windows 7 64)
nVidia GeForce 7800 - 256MB or equivalent
20GB Hard disk space

Headset and microphone recommended.

Broadband internet connection required.

4. Is there a beta? And can I get in?

Yes, there is a beta. You can apply here to be part of our beta testing community. We'll be adding more people to the program as time goes on. If you're not selected at the start of the program, we'll keep your details and will be inviting much bigger numbers into our beta as we approach release.

5. Will there be console ports? Or a Linux or Mac client?

We're evaluating opportunities for a console port of APB but there's nothing concrete to announce at the moment. There will not be a Linux or Mac version of the game.

6. How big is the game world? And how many people fit on one server?

Each game world – or server – holds up to 100,000 players. These players will be playing on district maps which hold up to 100 players per action districts and 250 players per social districts. Each world has hundreds of these instanced district maps, so although any single action district has a 100-player limit, there is no limit to the number of other players you might encounter. For the individual players who top the leagues, their characters will become famous across the whole world, not just one district. APB is a brand new gaming concept where the players are the game, in a world full of innovative tools and game play.

7. Is APB an MMO?

APB is entirely online and multiplayer however, it's a unique game unlike other MMOs out there. The game runs on fast, high-quality dedicated servers allowing you to enter cities and engage in a new style of game where your actions bring you into opposition with other players dynamically: there's no waiting in lobbies. You can encounter thousands of other players over a short period of time. Our dynamic matchmaking allows solo and group play in missions, against - or with - real people, never an AI. We're still working out how to describe that in a three letter acronym... Suggestions are welcome.

8. What rating will APB carry?

APB: All Points Bulletin will carry a Mature rating and is suitable for players aged 18 and over.

9. What engine is the game running on?

APB utilizes the cutting edge technology of Unreal Engine 3 ™ to bring the polish of next generation art and game play into the online space.

10. Will the game be localized into different languages?

Yes, APB and our APB websites will be localized into French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and English.

11. How much will APB cost?

The game will be available as a full-price PC title. We'll offer you flexibility on ongoing costs to guarantee great value - APB won't require a subscription commitment, nor will it rely on traditional micro-transaction offerings.

12. Where can I buy the game?

You'll be able to buy the game at retailers across the EU, UK and USA.

You will also be able to purchase the game online and download the product. We'll supply a full list of ways to purchase the game, details of how to pre-order, and how to convert to the full product if you are selected for the beta testing program, as we approach launch.

13. Who is the development team?

APB is being developed by Realtime Worlds - creators of the award-winning Xbox 360 title Crackdown.

Old   #12

Received Thanks: 1,881
Offering 2 - APB Beta Test invitations - I received them yesterday. I will give to somebody that really wants to try and play this game and you MUST have a very good PC.
Old   #13

New Rumors saids, that u have to pay a contigent of HOURS .. to play this game later ..

e.g. 200 hrs. = 15$ ..

Ingame hours not realtime
Old   #14

hello, anyone could give me beta key? i will not buy it becouse it is free beta, ofcourse it had alot of beta key giveaways but still from 10000 keys to get to 0 it takes 10 minutes and yet i had no chance in geting a key
Old   #15

Received Thanks: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauris1ok1 View Post
hello, anyone could give me beta key? i will not buy it becouse it is free beta, ofcourse it had alot of beta key giveaways but still from 10000 keys to get to 0 it takes 10 minutes and yet i had no chance in geting a key

Your pc configuration ? I would like also to see your dxdiag file. Upload it and send it to via pm. Thank you.