Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 12:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Full Guide for ROSE Private Server

Discussion on Full Guide for ROSE Private Server within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0

This is a Guide for Rose Online Private Servers... I do not take full credit for this. I will give credit at the end of the Guide.

Updated to REV 80 as of October 8, 2007

Fixed some links as of September 17, 2008.

-- 1.0: Server Installation
-- 2.0: Running the server
-- 3.0: Client Setup
-- 3.1: Setting up a webserver + Site
-- 4.0: SQL
-- 5.0: GM and Commands
-- 6.0: Extras
-- 7.0: Problems & Errors

--------1.0----------Server Installation
Step 1: First download this full server I have put together for you.
Link:

Install MySQL. Please download and install it.

During the installation, it will say something about "singing up", choose "Skip Signup". After MySQL is installed it will ask you to configure it, so keep clicking "Next" untill you get to a part where it asks for a password. Type in the password "root" (without the quotation marks, this is the password that will be used for configuring your server and Navicat).

Now, download Navicat. This is used for the Databases (SQL).
Link:

Install Navicat. After it's installed, run the program. You should see the connection "localhost" to the left. IF you do not, go to "File > New Connection". In the fields put this:

Connection Name: localhost
Host Name/IP Address: localhost
Port: 3306
Username: root
Password:

(Leave password blank) And click "Test Connection" and you should get a success. If you do, click "OK".If you get a message saying "Cannot connect to MYSql" Go down to 6.0
5.)

Now, click your connection "localhost" and right click and go to "New Database". Name the database "roseon" and click OK. Right click on the database you just made, and click "Execute batch file". Browse to the folder you extracted the server files, and find the folder named "database" and double click "osrose svn.sql". It will start the process that .sql file, it may take a few minutes. If everything went right, it should tell you it executed it successfully.

You do NOT need to edit the Channels table anymore, so please close out of Navicat.

Now, go to your Server folder where you extracted all those files. In the root folder you should see "charserver.conf" Open that file with Notepad. And you should see this:

----------

[DATABASE]
mysql_host=localhost
mysql_user=root
mysql_pass=
mysql_database=roseon
mysql_port=3306
AutoQueryTime=600

[SERVERDATA]
serverid=1
servertype=1
serverip=201.160.169.10
serverport=29100
servername=Dark
parentid=0
accesslevel=100
connection=2
lanip=192.168.0.1
lansubmask=192.168.0

[CHARSErVER]
deletetime=3600
usethreads=0

[PASSWORDS]
loginpass=789456
charpass=456123
worldpass=321654

----------

You first need to change the database settings up top. The host should be "localhost" just like you did in Navicat. Same for the username and password you did for navicat. And for the database name, put the name of the database you created in Navicat. So basically your just filling out the info that you made in Navicat, really easy.

Now you need to change some things. So, on the "serverip=201.160.169.10" change the 201.160.169.10 to your WAN IP. (which you can find here: ). Then find "servername=Dark" Change "Dark" to whatever you want your server name to be. Now, find "lanip=192.168.0.1" you need to change this to your lan IP. You can find out your lan IP by going to "Start>run> and type in "cmd" (without the quotation marks) and once the command prompt comes up, type "ipconfig" (without the quotation marks). It will give you the LAN IP along wit the Lan Sub Mask. So change those two fields in the conf file. Save and close the file.

Next, find the file named "loginserver.conf" and open it with Notepad. And you should see this:

---------

[DATABASE]
mysql_host=localhost
mysql_user=root
mysql_pass=
mysql_database=roseon
mysql_port=3306

[SERVERDATA]
serverid=0
servertype=0
serverip=201.160.169.10
serverport=29000
servername=LoginServer
connection=0
lanip=192.168.0.1
lansubmask=192.168.0

[LOGINSERVER]
accesslevel=100
CreateLoginAccount=1
usethreads=0

[PASSWORDS]
loginpass=789456
charpass=456123
worldpass=321654

---------

Again, change the database settings just like you did in the previous file. After that, find "serverip=201.160.169.10" and change the 201.160.169.10 to your WAN IP (which you can find here: ). Now, find "lanip=192.168.0.1" you need to change this to your lan IP. You can find out your lan IP by going to "Start>run> and type in "cmd" (without the quotation marks) and once the command prompt comes up, type "ipconfig" (without the quotation marks). It will give you the LAN IP along wit the Lan Sub Mask. So change those two fields in the conf file. Here you have a choice, see "CreateLoginAccount=1"? When this is set to 1, it enables a person to make an account on login. What this does is a person will type in their account info in game, and it will tell them "Account does not exisit". Then if they type it again, their account will be created. If you want this disabled, then change the "1" to a "0". Save and close the file.

Lastly, find the file named "worldserver.conf" and open it with Notepad. And you should see this:

----------

[DATABASE]
mysql_host=localhost
mysql_user=root
mysql_pass=
mysql_database=roseon
mysql_port=3306
AutoQueryTime=600

[SERVERDATA]
serverid=1
servertype=2
serverip=201.160.169.10
serverport=29200
servername=Channel 1
maxconnections=500
parentid=1
connection=2
lanip=192.168.0.1
lansubmask=192.168.0

[WORLDSERVER]
accesslevel=100
exp_rate=3
drop_rate=1
drop_type=2
zuly_rate=4
welcome_msg=Welcome to Open Source Rose Online
autosave=1
savetime=120
mapdelay=10
visualdelay=200
worlddelay=700
partygap=10
maxstat=255

[PASSWORDS]
loginpass=789456
charpass=456123
worldpass=321654

---------

Again, change the database settings just like you did in the previous file. Then find "serverip=201.160.169.10" and change the 201.160.169.10 to your WAN IP (which you can find here: ). Now, find "lanip=192.168.0.1" you need to change this to your lan IP. You can find out your lan IP by going to "Start>run> and type in "cmd" (without the quotation marks) and once the command prompt comes up, type "ipconfig" (without the quotation marks). It will give you the LAN IP along wit the Lan Sub Mask. So change those two fields in the conf file. Then find "servername=Channel 1" and change "Channel 1" to what you want your Server name to be. In this file you can edit the EXP rate, the Drop Rate, Zuly Rate, and the Welcome message and more things. Save and close the file.

You do not need to edit the "config.ini"! You have now setup your server!

--------2.0----------Running the server

So now run the .exe's in this order: Run "loginserver.exe" and let it load, then run "charserver.exe" and let it load, then run "worldserver.exe".

That was short and easy!

--------3.0----------Client Setup

First, download the ver 128 EVO client:
Link: ftp://38.136.124.7/rosena/rose_139_139_na_evo.exe
Then Install the client, after it's installed. Run "ROSEonline.exe" and let it update completely! After it's updated, you MUST run "TriggerDetect.exe" and fill out your Graphic settings, if you do not run TriggerDetect, then the client will not run.

Next, you abosolutely NEED to download this. This will fix your game from thinking you have a Hacking Tool. GameGuard did an update that disabled most private servers (when you logged in it said "Detected Hacking tool" and closes the game). So to fix this, please download this file below and put it inside your Rose Online client folder and double click it (nothing will happen, it runs in the background). Anyone who trys to connect to your server will need this file.
Link:
- 9/17/08 (Updated to a new working GameGuard patch)

Throughout the forum you've seen how to connect to your server, with the .bat, EW that's so annoying and not pretty, well I'm going to help you out now. Download this launcher (made by nhed57 of ********, all credits to him):
Link:
So extract that to your Rose Online folder. (Default should be: C:\Program Files\Triggersoft\Rose Online Evolution). After you extracted the launcher to that folder, go into that folder and find the file named "lconfig.nhd" and open it with Notepad. Inside that file you should see:

----------

[CFG]
Server=127.0.0.1
HTTPReg=yourwebcms.com/register.php
HTTPNot=yourwebcms.com

----------

The "Server=127.0.0.1" is the IP the client connects to. So change "127.0.0.1" to your WAN IP (which can be found here: ). The "HTTPReg" is the weblink to where your registration is filled out, you don't have to fill that out, you can leave it blank. The "HTTPNot" is your main website link, you don't have to fill this out you can leave it blank. After you have filled it in, save it and close it. You are now done with the client setup.

--------3.1----------Setting up a webserver + Site

Some people will tell you to use WAMP, well WAMP sucks so we're aren't going to use it. First, download XAMPP (so much better and easier than WAMP).
Link:

During the installation, it will say something about "singing up", choose "Skip Signup". After MySQL is installed it will ask you to configure it, so keep clicking "Next" untill you get to a part where it asks for a password. Type in a password (such as "root" , this is the password that will be used for configuring your server and Navicat).

After Xampplite is downloaded, install it. Now after it's installed, go to the Xampp folder, the default location is ( C:\xampplite ). Find "xampp_start.exe" and run it, if everything goes well then it should tell you it's a success. So now bring up your web browser and type in "http://localhost and if the xampp page comes up, then you installed it successfully!

Next is to download a Rose Web CMS.Here is a new one (Credit to -Element):
Link:
Next, go to your HTDOCS folder, which is found in the Xampp folder. (Default path is C:\xampp\htdocs ). Delete all the files inside the HTDOCS folder except for the folders "forbidden" and "restricted", please leave those. Then extract the Rose CMS Beta 2 you just downloaded to the HTDOCS folder. After you have extracted it, make sure xamp_start.exe is running, if not go back to your xampp root folder ( C:\xampp) and start it. If the webserver is running, bring your web browser up and type "http://localhost" and you should see your Rose CMS Beta 2! Now you need to install the website to make it connect to your database (so you can make accounts). So in your "inc" folder, find the file named "config.php" and edit the Database settings inside there. So follow this pattern:

----------

Database Host: localhost
Database User: root
Database Password (leave it blank, unless you set a password in navicat)
Database Name: roseon

----------

For the rest of the stuff such as a Server Exp, Server Drop, Client Link, Patch link, you don't need to fill that in. If you want to that's fine, but it's not required. If your database settings are correct, then save the file and try and make an account in your CMS. Now your done!

If you cannot see your webserver, go down to "-- 7.0: Problems" to fix it.

--------4.0----------SQL

SQL is really easy if you just look at it. Let's say you want to change a character's name. You would open up the "Characters" table, and find the character's name you want to change, and change it. And your done! It's really easy. Same for many other things. Such as giving someone zuly. Go into the "Characters" table and find the zuly field, and enter the number of zuly you want that character to have. Inside the SQL you can change many things, the character name, zuly, skills, hair style, face, job/class, and much more. So for your sake, I'll post some useful stuff.

Class ID's

To change a character's class, find the field "classid" inside the "Characters" table and change it.

0, Visitor
111, Soldier
121, Knight
122, Champion
211, Muse
221, Mage
222, Cleric
311, Hawker
321, Raider
322, Scout
411, Dealer
421, Bourgeois
422, Artisan

--------5.0----------GM and Commands

To make a character a GM, go into the "Accounts" table and find the field "accesslevel", a normal characters accesslevel is 100, for a GM it's 300. So to make an account a GM account, change the accesslevel to 300 and your done!

Next, here the GM commands:

/tele [map] [x] [y] - teleport
/b - broadcast
/save - save character data
/reload - reload config.ini
/ann [msg] - announcement
/SSPAWN [monid] [min] [max] - startspawn
/SET - setspawnlocation
/ESPAWN [monid] [aggressive] - endspawn
/DSPAWN [id] [monid] [min] [max] [respawn time] [aggressive]- dupespawn
/DELETESPAWN [id] - delete spawn by id
/pak - read packet.txt and send it
/pak2 - read packet2.txt and send it
/level [lvl] - change lvl
/class [id] - change your class, must relog after
/info - show info
/exp [amt] - give yourself exp
/mon [monid] [count] - spawn monsters
/kick [charname] - kick player from game
/job [jobname] - finish first job quest
/set [id] [refine] - set full armor to [id] with [refine]
/cha [slotname] [id] [stats] - cha slot to [id] with [stats]
/item [id] [type] [amt] - get item
/levelup - go to next level
/drop [type] [id] - drop an item
/givezuly [charname] [amt] - give someone zuly
/npc [id] - spawn an npc
/givefairy [charname] [flag] - give/remove fairy (1/0)
/move [charname] [map] [x] [y] - tele someone
/goto [charname] - goto someone
/teletome [charname] - bring someone here
/playerinfo [charname] - get player infor
/give2 [charname] [id] [type] [amt] - give someone item(s)
/ban [charname] - ban a player
/ani [id] - do animation
/summon [monid] - summon monstor (to help you)
/reloadquest - reload quest info
/shutdown [minutes] - shutdown server in x minutes
/dquest - debug quests

--------6.0----------Extras

This is an document that contains the GM Commands.

Link:

This is an Excel/Spreadsheet document that contains the Item ID's.

Link: OpenDNS

This ia Text Document that contains all the teleport locations and their Map ID's.

Here is a .VFS editor, where you can edit your .vfs and client graphics. Such as characters, loading screens, weapons, and lots more. (Credit to aurose)

Here are the compiled EXE's incase you loose yours (loginserver.exe, charserver.exe, worldserver.exe)

Here are some RARE outfits (armors/clothes). Credit to Intro.

----------------------------------------------------------
Nobel Lord: 132,2-5,9,1,1,1

Magic School Hat: 824,2,9,1,1,1

Angel Hat: 825,2,9,1,1,1

Kerokero Hat: 826,2,9,1,1,1

Headband: 827,2,9,1,1,1

Yukata: 188,3,9,1,1,1

Trendy Swim Suit: 182,3,9,1,1,1

pRose soccer: 174,3,9,1,1,1

NArose soccer: 173,3,9,1,1,1

jRose soccer: 172,3,9,1,1,1

kRose soccer: 171,3,9,1,1,1

rose soccer: 170,3,9,1,1,1

Yellow Rubber Boots: 182,5,9,1,1,1

Wooden Shoes: 183,5,9,1,1,1

White Magic School Shoes: 188,5,9,1,1,1

Durable Gloves: 38,4,9,1,1,1

White magic school gloves: 186,4,9,1,1,1

Cherry Blossem Glasses: 166,1,9,1,1,1

Snow Board: 37,9,9,1,1,1

Goblin Hatchet: 150,8,9,1,1,1

Reams Puricator: 182,8,9,1,1,1

Pink Guitar: 462,8,9,1,1,1

Angel Recorder: 463,8,9,1,1,1

Rose Beuque: 464,8,9,1,1,1

blue santa hat: 823,2,9,1,1,1

Pigtail ribbon: 833,2,9,1,1,1

Students cap: 834,2,9,1,1,1

White lion: 835,2,9,1,1,1

Chef hat: 836,2,9,1,1,1

Summer school look: 189,3,9,1,1,1

tiger backshield: 246,6,9,1,1,1

snowball: 326,10,9,1,1,1

firecracker: 930,10,9,1,1,1

(2,376,3rd job helmit,soldier

(3,376,3rd job armour,soldier

(4,376,3rd job gloves,soldier

(5,376,3rd job boots,soldier

(2,476,3rd job helmit,muse

(3,476,3rd job armour,muse

(4,476,3rd job gloves,muse

(5,476,3rd job boots,muse

(2,576,3rd job helmit,Dealer

(3,576,3rd job armour,Dealer

(4,576,3rd job gloves,Dealer

(5,576,3rd job boots,Dealer

(2,676,3rd job helmit,Hawker

(3,676,3rd job armour,Hawker

(4,676,3rd job gloves,Hawker

(5,676,3rd job boots,Hawker
----------------------------------------------------------

--------7.0----------Problems and Errors

Server Side

1.) Getting weird packet errors inside the loginserver.exe
Solution: Copy your tRose.exe from your client folder, into your server folder.

2.) How do I change the EXP, DROP, ZULY rate?
Solution: Inside the config.ini are options to change the rates.

3.) How do I change the Welcome Message when I login?
Solution: You can change the Welcome message inside the config.ini

4.) My WorldServer.exe keeps crashing!
Solution: You are missing some files, or you compiled it wrong. Re-extract the files, or if you compiled, check your sources again.

5.) When I try to connect with Navicat, it says it can't connect to MySQL!
Solution: You need to install MySQL. Download here: OpenDNS

Client Side

1.) When I launch my client, it just crashes with the error "Send/Don't Send"!
Solution: Run "TriggerDetect.exe" and fill out your graphics settings (only need to do this once)

2.) After I type in my account and password and click login, and stays at "Logging in" forever!
Solution: Make sure you have the launcher file set to your correct IP. And check your config.ini and make sure the IP's are correct (your WAN IP).

3.) All my IP's are correct, but I still can't login!
Solution: You need to port forward your Rose Online ports. Go to and find your router, it will instruct you on how to port forward.

The ports you need to forward are: 29000, 29100, 29200
If your using the multi world, you need to forward: 29000, 29100, 29200, 29101, 29201

4.) When I try to login, I get "The Servers are currently undergoing maintenance"
Solution: Go into your config.ini and change the access of 300 to 100.

5.) After I select the server, it says "Loading Avatar Selection.." forever!
Solution: Check your "Channels" table inside the SQL and make sure the "hosts" field is set to your WAN IP.

Web Server Side

1.) When I type "http://localhost" , nothing shows up and xampp_start.exe is running!
Solution: You need to port forward a port. Go to PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall and find your router, it will instruct you on how to port forward.

The ports you need to forward are: 80

2.) I installed PHP, and Xampp, and port forwarded and "http://localhost" still isn't working!
Solution: Restart your computer and your router

3.) On the Rose Online Web, I fill in the details to make my account, and I click "Create" but it doesn't create the account!
Solution: Go back inside the config file and double check to make sure your database settings are absolutely correct.

4.) How can I allow other people to see my website, instead of "http://localhost" ?
Solution: Port forward the port "80, 433" and instead of "http://localhost", use your WAN IP (which you can find here: ).

For example: "http://localhost" OpenDNS
Credit to me .. thx
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/08/2010, 03:30   #2

this and all of those roseonline guide was not made by yours you just copied it at other forums..

but im glad that someone have you to let everyone know
Old 04/12/2010, 13:56   #3

thx nice guide
Old 06/23/2011, 15:42   #4

1st link doesnt exist