Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 18:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Fast Space Grinding Tips

Discussion on Fast Space Grinding Tips within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
I personally love space. It gives me the freedom to do what I want without too much restriction on class. One of the most tiring things about being a pilot is the xp grind. Once you get to Tier 4 the grind is 1,000,000 starship combat experience a box plus having to do the missions sometimes to get the box.

Single Fighters

To cut down your time on grinding heres what you do. Remember freelancers will have less of a problem doing this because they do not have the same types of mass restrictions imperial or rebel craft do. Place shields on your ship in the 1200 - 1700 range. Equip the best weapons you can find, a decent droid interface, fair engines, and a great capacitor plus a booster. If you are not a freelancer ask one to burn you a droid chip of shield shunt and capacitor overcharge as well as reactor overload if necessary. Go to dathomir space and find Tier 5 witchblood clan gunboats. They fly straight most of the time turning or moving posistion only a few times. Get in posistion underneath and just to the rear of it and open fire taking out the reactor first, then shields, then destryoing the whole thing. Don't bother taking out the engines or any of the weapons because if you keep yourself posistioned correctly the whole time you can go the whole battle without taking a hit. Obviously those who only have 1 or 2 weapons on thier craft will take longer to destroy it but the benefit outweights that because you will net yourself about 32k xp from that gunboat and sometimes you'll find about 4 or 5 of them spawn in that area at the same time.

Don't get discouraged if you get destroyed a few times. Learning how to properly handle a gunboat takes time. Once you are proficient enough this strategy will pay off big time and reduce that Tier 4 grind down considerably.

Multi ships/POB ships

Multi ships are a good way of getting xp but the more people you have on board the more your xp splits so if you have 8 people on board a POB ship, that 4k you usually get from killing a Tier 4 has been reduced to 500 xp. Plus killing is slow in a POB as each one only gets 2 turrrets and the best weapon I have ever seen is 2600 - 4200 damage (at least on Tarquinas server). Until Pub 24 comes out that increases everything about POB ships I would stick to single fighter xp grinding.

Tier 5 Gunboats are not for the faint of heart. When they land hits it hurts thats why its important to have a really great shield that can absorb a few hits while you get out of range if its guns. This strat is geared more towards freelancers who have the 190k mass on a Rhik to play with. Thats not to say Rebels or Imperials can't do it either but its tougher to manage mass to take on a gunboat that tough