Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Troll Opensrc emulator

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Troll Opensrc emulator

Troll Warhammer Online Emulator

Troll is a french projet based on the DoR source. The project as been launched when we were making the database for DoR. Then for some reasons I get fired.

As an old member of the team i decided to use Dor project that was supposed to be opensource to create Troll emu. We allready have made a working sniffer for the game hooking the memory (no need to decrypt RC4).

On the forum you will find everytools you need to dev. as sniffers, parsers, both opensources. If you need any explanations just ask them here. For those from DoR, no need to flame on this topic.

What we have:
Quote:
- Account creation
- Server choice
- Character creation/choice/deletion
- Game entering for all careers
- Starting stats, coordinates, items and general abilities for all careers.
- Movement tracking in game
- Coordinates save if gentle game logout (through Main Menu)

The emulator has been developped using C++, Boost and Sqlite. It implements a 3-layer servers concept (login,game,zone) and is designed as a solid fundation ground for future scale out. It builds on Linux and Windows.
Troll Opensource C++/C#
Troll Friendly team
Troll Recruiting

Troll
Troll

The whole forum is in english.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

great project , but for now is search C++ Devs ..

Old   #3

Fail.

The DoR source is HORRIBLE, and any attempt to write an emulator from it is destined for just as big a failure.

The only usefulness in this is the encryption and packet structures that are known. Other than that, scrap this and write your own server.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jM3 View Post
Fail.

The DoR source is HORRIBLE, and any attempt to write an emulator from it is destined for just as big a failure.

The only usefulness in this is the encryption and packet structures that are known. Other than that, scrap this and write your own server.
Why ? any arguments ?

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niak View Post
Why ? any arguments ?
Code:
05[11:34] -Q- [#dorproject] Welcome the DoR project channel. Be friendly, have fun.
03[12:23] * Aelius is now known as Aelius|AFK
03[12:34] * Qoole (~) has joined #dorproject
03[12:34] * Q sets mode: +o Qoole
[12:37] <@Qoole> with regards to memleak finder, look at VLD (visual leak detector) it only works on VS though
01[14:43] <jMerliN> you shouldn't have memory leaks....
[14:51] <@Qoole> everyone makes mistakes
[14:51] <@Qoole> and "you shouldn't have memory leaks" isn't very helpful
[15:05] <raczman> what i read was:
[15:05] <raczman> 14:34 < jMerliN> I am awesome and you all suck. Bow to me.
[15:05] <raczman> or maybe my eyes played trick on me
01[15:13] <jMerliN> memory leaks are mistakes only rookies or java programmers make in C++, it's rare if you're properly managing references and pointers to have leaks, might i suggest reading on reference counting and pointer wrapping, it makes exception safe garbage collection in real-time, it's difficult to get leaks that way
01[15:14] <jMerliN> but i'm not really surprised looking at Troll, using a vector of bytes then resizing it on need (theoretically over time every buffer in the pool would be expanded to the max packet length), that design lacks a lot of foresight
[15:15] <raczman> first sentence was "I am awesome and you all suck" again. The second one was better, with some sense and a good point in it
[15:16] <raczman> you are trying to not come off as a highnose, i appreciate that
[15:16] <albator_> what are you suggesting then ? fixed size buffer with bytes array 
01[15:18] <jMerliN> humor me a bit, in your tests on your emu, log the size of every packet exchanged between client & server (and inter-com packets)
01[15:18] <jMerliN> find the median, mode, and mean of those numbers
01[15:18] <jMerliN> that might point out why having a pool of very large buffers is a waste :)
[15:19] <@Qoole> question for you jMerliN, where do you work?
01[15:19] <jMerliN> but again, this is only a design problem with async write operations, which tbh, won't impact performance much until you scale beyond 7000-10000 connections
01[15:19] <jMerliN> sync operations let you do something like:
[15:19] <albator_> man, you lack of real-world programming. Optimisation is the LAST step
01[15:20] <jMerliN> this isn't optimization it heavily impacts design choices
[15:20] <raczman> in situation where we will have several proxies to load balance the network i bet we wont get past 2k per box
[15:20] <raczman> try getting more than 2k to play on a privaTe server first lol
01[15:20] <jMerliN> optimization is designing your net flow so that you have wait-free use of buffers
01[15:20] <jMerliN> so that your processors are busy as much as possible processing logic
01[15:21] <jMerliN> well tweaking anyway
01[15:21] <jMerliN> and then setting thread affinity and making your work queue busy-oriented with a scheduling algorithm to prevent sleeps and unnecessary context switches
01[15:21] <jMerliN> that level of optimization can get tedious, but what i'm suggesting isn't in that classification of changes
[15:21] <@Qoole> jMerliN, you didn't answer my question
01[15:22] <jMerliN> Qoole: i work for myself, but part-time I work at my school as an IT administrator
[15:23] <@Qoole> cool
02[15:29] * DrKane ([email protected]) Quit (Read error: EOF from client)
03[15:39] * Looking up Qoole user info...
03[16:07] * MajorPain ([email protected]) has joined #dorproject
02[16:30] * MajorPain ([email protected]) Quit (Quit)
02[16:49] * albator_ (~.wanadoo.fr) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
02[17:29] * DaRk|WTF (~.highway.telekom.at) Quit (Quit: 12( www.nnscript.de 12:: NoNameScript 4.02 12:: www.XLhost.de 12))
03[17:44] * stinka is now known as sTinKa
03[17:50] * Aelius|AFK is now known as Aelius
03[17:54] * Qoole sets mode: +b *!*jmerlin@*.users.quakenet.org
03[17:54] * You were kicked by Qoole (You're falling in a bottomless pit of loneliness)
I could dissect the code there for you and point out all of the bad design, errors, and common mistakes but it would require an extensive amount of time and very little good would come of it.

From my discussions with these people, they all seem to be very inexperienced with development of projects such as this. The novice level of their work is evident in the over-use and reliance upon heavy, bloated, "frameworks" and collections of libraries to perform the most basic operations that any programmer worth his salt could do in less than 200 lines of code (importing 50,000+ lines of code to replace what is easily covered with completely debugged code in 200, that is a VERY poor implementation decision and will lead to severe maintainability issues in the future).

I've got 12 years of development experience, and my own work on private emulator projects is quite extensive. It's in my best opinion that these individuals do not contain the necessary experience to make a project of the scope nor magnitude that would encompass a server emulator for a game as large as WAR, nor even for one of much simpler design. If even correct buffer handling, and networking/threading design evades them, you can be sure the use of complex data manipulation methods such as using quadtrees to track entities in the world will almost certainly be an impassable obstacle for them, to the point that they will borrow much code from existing and poor emulators such as "TrinityCore" (which is where a lot of their design idea and direction is coming from, at least in their new build).

I've dealt with enterprise level server software capable of handling loads that no one on these boards will ever likely see, and I have plenty of people on MSN from many various emulator projects bothering me about helping with "what's the best way to do this" or "can you help us figure this out" etc etc, with far more complex questions than anything this emulator contains so far, and I laugh at the very idea of a group of kids banning me from their IRC channel for pointing out major flaws in design and implementation while my help is freely available at no charge. That alone should give you a hint as to how successful this project will be.

Now, if you are interested, I will be porting my server emulation core to WAR and I'll gladly advertise the alpha here. No, I do not share my binary nor source code, however my servers are solid, stable, and of the best quality you will be seeing from any server emulators.
Old   #6

Well thats indeed good news you are bringing there. You seem to have an extended knowledge of computer science. Anyways I and probably more people would truly like to see some part of your framework. Should be an infinite source of learning. SREmu public source (I guess It's closed source now) got some empty blank file like BinaryReader, BinaryWriter, Sockets stuff. Would be good if you share this stuff or articles, at least something. ;-)

On topic : This project lacks of valuable individuals, hosted by knowledgeless people with support of brainless community. Can't I troll on trollemu ? seriously.
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niak View Post
Well thats indeed good news you are bringing there. You seem to have an extended knowledge of computer science. Anyways I and probably more people would truly like to see some part of your framework. Should be an infinite source of learning. SREmu public source (I guess It's closed source now) got some empty blank file like BinaryReader, BinaryWriter, Sockets stuff. Would be good if you share this stuff or articles, at least something. ;-)

On topic : This project lacks of valuable individuals, hosted by knowledgeless people with support of brainless community. Can't I troll on trollemu ? seriously.
The SREmu source in my branch had the very early makings of my core, but yes, it's been closed for a very long time and is much different now . Maybe someday I'll open-source it but I'm tired of kids ripping it off with fork projects that are super fail and trying to grab glory and fame from other peoples' work. Sure, I like FOSS for letting people learn, but when it gets abused, I find it pointless.
Old   #8

Quote:
This project lacks of valuable individuals, hosted by knowledgeless people with support of brainless community. Can't I troll on trollemu ? seriously.
You're right. Actually our only good C++ dev is busy on his wow emu, i'm not a C++ coder at all as i only know VB/Autoit/Php i'm just leading this project since we need a "community" to work on the emulator. My goal is to find a qualified programmer that could be the lead dev.

Pending it i'm learning C++ and trying to define packet structures. Actually DoR is closed source and leaded by capricious kids and troll is the only opensrc project so... No choice for you dude. I'm open to any advice.
Old   #9

troll project now work on handlers , if any have some skill ( decrypt , analyze decryption , coding )
Old   #10

F_CHAT working. Players can now chat.
Old   #11

Exclamation

All is in the title.

Chat working :
Multiplayer working :
Movement Working:
Items systeme working (inventory+equiped)
Item Model display working:
Gameobject Spawn working
Creature Spawn working
Menu Working :

Old   #12

We need C++ devs !
Old   #13

Thanks

I came across this forum by chance and discovered this is one of the best thread ever. Thanks u guys so much for the information you give. So cool.

- simulation assurance vie ! Les sites de simulation assurance vie
Old   #14

is there any progres on this? Got a stable core, db etc? lemme know please