Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SWG Closing down

Discussion on SWG Closing down within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SWG Closing down

Dear Star Wars Galaxies™ Community Member,
We write to you today to inform you that on December 15, 2011, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) and LucasArts will end all services (MMO and Trading Card Game) for Star Wars Galaxies (SWG). The shutdown of SWG is a very difficult decision, but SOE and LucasArts have mutually agreed that the end of 2011 is the appropriate time to end the game.
We are extremely grateful to all of the SWG fans. We have had the rare opportunity to host one of the most dedicated and passionate online gaming communities and we truly appreciate the support we've received from each and every one of you over the course of the past eight years.
In recognition of your incredible loyalty, we are extending special Fan Appreciation offers to the current SWG community. We also plan to go out with a bang with a galaxy-ending in-game event in December and hope to see you all there. The details relating to these offers and events as well as the timeline and specifics regarding the discontinuation of the service, are provided below.
Again, we want to extend our heartfelt thanks to our player community for making SWG one of the best online communities in gaming history.
Sincerely,
Sony Online Entertainment & LucasArts
Old 08/27/2011, 09:02   #2

Gera tema +1 tau sudas nieko nesuprantu.
Old 12/25/2011, 18:21   #3

bump
Old 12/30/2011, 22:31   #4

just because the SOE server is down don't mean swgemu an't.. there still in dev mode but still 80% playable. swgemu.com look it up. check it out. an have fun.
Old 01/07/2012, 18:43   #5

swgemu is Pre-CU,most people that played swg till the end aren't interested in that