Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 22:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Your first cheat

Discussion on Your first cheat within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Your first cheat

Hello guys,

im developer but atm im not so much in creating cheats. Is someone here so nice that he explains a bit his first experience or some tips and tricks where to start?

Thanks

Old 02/07/2020, 10:26   #2

I used m2bob in 2012 as my first cheat after 1 week I never played metin again because it's boring.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/07/2020, 16:54   #3
(〃⌒∇⌒)人(⌒∇⌒〃)

elite*gold: 11111
Received Thanks: 21,353
Arrow Metin2 Hacks, Bots, Cheats, Exploits & Macros -> General Coding

#moved
Old 02/08/2020, 18:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobrolymah View Post
Hello guys,

im developer but atm im not so much in creating cheats. Is someone here so nice that he explains a bit his first experience or some tips and tricks where to start?

Thanks
Prologue
Hi there, my first coding experience started in trying to develop cheats, it was like 10 years ago that my journey started.
In that time my coding skills were awful, still are cause programming evolves all the time.
Anyway, 10 years ago i wanted to create a bot for a game (fiesta online), so i started. I downloaded a tool that could automate tasks like performing clicks and moving mouse around, the thing is that i didn't know how to program anything so i started learning with this tool. Writing my scripts in NOTEPAD and trying to execute them (i think it was lua or sth can't remember).
When i get used to mouse moves and clicks functions, i was ready for the next step: reading pixel colors. (Notice that at that time my learning rate was super slow, because i wasn't a programmer just a silly kid trying to create bots/hacks).

After some time creating simple pixel bots (if pixel present perform click SLEEP - repeat), i noticed that my bot wasn't going to work for complex tasks, since managing state with pixel colors requires complex algorithmic operations that i wasn't able to write. So i knew that in order to manage state more acuratelly (Ex: position in map, mob hp, my hp), i will have to read game's memory. (My CheatEngine journey has began)
Cheat Engine
Cheat engine is a really complex tool that can do a lot (if you know what are doing) but, i didn't know anything about memory, pointers, hex values, structs, window apis. So i started with the basics, search for a value, filter repeat until found the address i want. (This will work with the current execution of the game, but not when its closed and opened again).
Learning to use cheat engine and find address values was my new task now.
Time has passed and i learned how to find my desired address and static pointers to work with.
It was time to implement my new knowledge in my script, luckily the scripting tool has some libraries for reading/writing memory (i didn't know what libraries were btw). I added my first memRead(add,proc,"dword") function with the address obtained by cheat engine and printed in the console the value, it worked!!, i was happy cause that was a big step for me.
Working in my bot was great, i taught myself how to code.
C language
My coding experience didn't stop in there, i started to learn C, because it's a great language to perform memoryReading/Writing hacks. I was a bit dissapointed with C, mainly because i learned to code in a non typed language. (Suck it python lovers).
I had to teach myself how to code again in this new language with its "strange" sintax. Learning a programming language is looking videos of people coding and doing the same thing as they do. Once you know how to think as a programmer and write your own code, then you can move on. So i did, i watched videos of game hacking in C/C++, copy and paste code, modifiying the code and seeing how it behaves.
In my C coding experience i learned:
- How windows apis works
- How to read hex memory values (just basic)
- How to inject Dll / code caves
- Assembly language
- My first steps of reverse engineering with ollydbg

Autoit Script
I had learned a lot but i want more... I downloaded another scripting tool called AUTOIT, it was great, i already knew how to use a scripting tool so learning this one wasn't hard. Autoit has a super complete docummentation of every function of the UDF libraries included. So learning was seeking for a function sintax in autoitHelpFile index.
Quote:
Note that all that languages where procedural languages. I knew that java was a language but i was too scared to learn an OOP language.
I coded in autoit for a lot like 5+ years making aimbots for CS and S4 hacks (I'm really impressed of those who found game hackable stuff - S4 rooms are P2P or the game server is not an "Authoritative-Game-Server" that's why hacks works).
Reversing
Creating hacks is not only coding, reversing skills are needed to create hacks too.

For reversing a game you need:
-Can the game be decompiled easily?
  • -is a flash game ()
  • - is an android game ()
  • -is a java game ()
  • -is a unity game or .Net game ()
-Can't be decompiled easily
  • -OllyDbg
    -Process Hacker
    -x86 dbg
    -PEID
    -Cheat Engine
    -Ida PRO
    -Hex Rays
    -Titan Engine

Im not an expert in reversing in fact im a silly person, debugging a program and finding how it works is hard, it requires patience, bypassing anti-debugging techniques, anti-anti-debugging techniques, CRC - checks.

Anyway im still learning so i can't add more info in this topic.

Making a hack
Making hacks is finding exploits in your target game, not all games can't be hacked, if you want to hack your ingame currency its not gonna happen but
some games allows some other hacks (Like archeros in early versions i found out that current room drop was stored in an encrypted file to be loaded when you resume the fight, after you loose it was sended to the server, i edited my drop to get best items in game and voila i get bored the next day but my inventory was stored in the server so i did hack my items).

Another example

Lets say you have a mobile game that is online but when you enter in a battle you can play without internet connection. So the game works this way:

Client -> I want to enter battle
Server -> Ok, entering battle
Client -> Battle finished - Results ---- hackable content here
Server -> Ok, battle ended

You can trick the server on thinking the client won the battle whatever result is (LOOSE / WIN)

But in order to do this you need to ask yourself how do you want to implement this hack:
-Patch the game (requires advanced reversing skills - game may have prottection)
-Edit game client packet on the fly (i prefer this option for most mobile games)

Luckily for me hacking smw wasn't hard, because api request where plain http, the messages were encrypted using a symetric key, which i found online. (If its online, don't waste your time, if not then try to find it yourself)

-Once i get the decryption key i made a proxy that will log http requests and forward https ones.
-Parse messages and decrypt if needed, then you have all the info you need, log packets, identify how they work, check for a desired packet, prevent sending, edit and send and you are done!.

I wish my explanation wasn't so messy, if you want to make a good hack you need time, time to learn about your game, time to find what you need, time to implement your strategy.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/10/2020, 16:23   #5

elite*gold: 90
If you want to create a good cheat yourself you need to learn the fundamentals first.
You need to understand how systems work to be able to manipulate them to your advantage.

I suggest learning reverse engineering and C++

« Hilfe für ein Minitool gesucht | Searching for dev/teams | Suche nach Entwickler/Teams »