Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 19:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP]Decrypting

Discussion on [HELP]Decrypting within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP]Decrypting

Ok I been trying my brains out to decrypt some exe files one of my people made before she just stopped coming online. I am not very experienced at encrypting or decrypting.

So I am willing to pay 50$ to the first one that can decrypt the files I attached. (will be via paypal)

hope someone can help
Attached Files
File Type: zip game.zip (9.92 MB, 5 views)
Old 06/26/2012, 13:26   #2

Trojaner :>
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2012, 15:49   #3

hmm ok I did not see that coming... is there any chance that the file is harmless and its just a false positive?

If not I need to cancel my offer.
Old 06/26/2012, 16:00   #4

elite*gold: 966
The Virustotal results could be false positive. All founds are "Generic" ("Gen") / "Behave". This means that the application have some code that a virus have, too. It's not 100% a virus, because maybe the developer needed to code it like this for a good reason.
So it don't have to be a virus, but you can't be sure.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2012, 16:14   #5

could it be the encryption that could do it ?
Old 06/26/2012, 16:52   #6

elite*gold: 966
If it's a runtime decrypt methode then it could be that what causes the false positives (in case that they're really false).
Why do you want to decrypt this? If it works now (runtime decryption) you can use it and if it doesn't works, why the scanners makes noise for this application?
Old 06/26/2012, 17:20   #7

elite*gold: 7110
Received Thanks: 25,394
Of course VT shows false positives, it's typical for malware to be crypted.
Old 06/26/2012, 20:23   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeoni View Post
If it's a runtime decrypt methode then it could be that what causes the false positives (in case that they're really false).
Why do you want to decrypt this? If it works now (runtime decryption) you can use it and if it doesn't works, why the scanners makes noise for this application?
because it connects to an IP that no longer exist I need to change the IP to get it to work.