Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 05:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reading and Writing .INI Files

Discussion on Reading and Writing .INI Files within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Reading and Writing .INI Files

I found this information useful for starting out on understanding more about the code for read/write ini files. Maybe this will help some others (That are willing to read)

enjoy
Old 11/12/2008, 07:26   #2

elite*gold: 105
i know a better way ^.^

Code:
GetPrivateProfileString("Block","anythink","NULL",test,destSize,"c:\\test.ini");
WritePrivateProfileString("Block","anythink",test,"c:\\test.ini");
now the ini looks like
Code:
[Block]
anythink=0
hf ^^
Old 11/16/2008, 14:15   #3

elite*gold: 20
Better? but unportable. Those are Win API specific functions and useless elsewhere.

Ini files are a thing of the past anyway. They should only be used for compatability with existing implementations or for learning file i/o and string manipulation. Use XML instead

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[Source] Memory Reading / Writing SRO / VB6
07/07/2011 - SRO Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits - 3 Replies
here is a simple source i made to show a buddy of mine how to call the read and write memory functions in vb6. right now it will call target / hp / mp ... you may want to update the offsets. this is a good example to show those out ther that want to learn. please if you use my code's give me credit /./
C# Help, Reading Files
02/27/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 19 Replies
Hey, i cant seem to get my head around this, What im trying to do is, Read a line from a file but, i want to single out each word and save it into a String array, using the "Trim()" command? but i just cant do it, if you can point me in the right direction it would be nice ;D
[HELP]Writing and reading from *.ini files
02/18/2009 - CO2 Programming - 2 Replies
i was trying to do that by myself but after 3days i must say that i cant do it :mad: sooo i will be very happy if somebody could help me with it :) thanks :)
memory reading and writing problem
08/11/2006 - Conquer Online 2 - 3 Replies
hello all, i learnt to use C++ recently and is trying to write my own little proggy to monitor values in game. Right now i came across a little problem. i can't make my program read the memory addresses. Can someone please tell me the code to reading memory addresses for their values and also the relevant header files to use. Additional info: the memory editor i used give me this type of address, eg : 000A09E4, 009207C8. 00BF0EE0 ... Pros please help. i really want to have a feel...