Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 16:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What extension does .JZP go to???

Discussion on What extension does .JZP go to??? within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What extension does .JZP go to???

Found an ftp ip for Archlord patch/update files.

ftp hosting site for them.. but they end in dot JZP

here is 1 of them:

Patch0071.JZP

& here is a couple lines, if opened in notepad

map2622d.dds
map2623a.dds
map3026b.dds
   texture\minimap  
map1722a.dds Š

it needs decrypted...

Any help here?

thanks

Old 12/07/2007, 13:08   #2

Well, jzp that looks more proprietory to the company.
And all the searches I try i come up with the same results as unknown.

If you meant JSP I know that is with Javascript!
I used to do a lot of Java (not script) code!

Old 12/10/2007, 01:25   #3

It's probably a custom format, made by the developers of Archlord. Maybe you could post/link to a file, so people can take a look at it.

The most simplest thing is that it could be a normal archive, with some modifications. Project Entropia (now called Entropia Universe) had something similar shortly after release. They used simple ZIP files to store the files, with one little modification: The Magicnumbers for ZIP format was changed, so that a normal ZIP unpacker couldnt extract them (Original ZIP format had a "Pk" letters, at begining of each new file info. Mind Ark changed it to "Ak" so WinZIP etc. couldnt open it. But if you used a hexeditor and changed all "Ak" to "Pk" there was no problem opening that file in WinZIP and extracting its content).

Later they used BNT/BNT2 Formats, that all files was written in a sequence with no delimiter chars, but at the end of the file, there was a Table of Content, which had filename, start offset and size stored and with that it was possible to write a programm to extract the BNT files.

Warhammer Online Client for example, uses myp files. The table of content there is split in blocks of ~100, containing packed, unpacked size, start offset as well as offset of the next "100"-table of content chunk info. The filename itself, was stored in at an extra header (which starts at the offset from that toc). The content of the file itself, was packed using gzip libraries/algorythm.

So its hard, to tell you how the Archlord files are built up, w/o taking a look at it. You can also try to open it in a hexeditor and look if you get some clues.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/10/2007, 04:41   #4

Desy, PM me an email and I will send one the smaller ones, I don't think they are anything special, but yes a packed/zip (maybe Java type pack install / encrypted) file. They were in a patch directory, and 1 of them was just over 1.4gig... (Same as the actuall game-client download).

Thanks for taking the time to respond & I already PM'd Super^^

Old 12/10/2007, 16:15   #5

Well, had a look on the files. Well the format doesn't looks to complicated.

The header of the jzp files looks like this

Bytes Descritpion
0-3 ??Don't know yet??
4-7 Number of files in that archive
8-11 ??Don't know yet??
12-15 foldername length (incl. \0 termiantor)
16-xx foldername, terminated with a \0 (00 hex)
xx-xx+5 ??Don't know yet??

after that, the files data begins.

0-3 ??Don't know yet??, but it seems that it's always 01 00 00 00
4-7 file name length (incl. \0 terminator)
8-xx filename, terminated by \0 (00 hex)
xx-xx+4 size of compressed data
next n bytes: compressed data

this repeates n-numer of times (depending on how many files are inside that archive)

the compressed data starts with 78 9C hex, which indicates that it's compressed with ZLib (afaik with standard settings). Could maybe try to write an unpacker for this

Only thing i haven't found out, is the size of the unpacked file
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/10/2007, 21:23   #6

I will look into it when I have some time, hopefully today... That is why I sent that small file/patch too... Wonder if it would be worth it to get the actuall 1.4gig client lol beings maybe this is pre-public release, code included? I don't code yet, going to learn C# (maybe visual 1st/php). But using various unpack/debug/memory editing/packets I am talented to say the least ^__^.

Thanks again,

Let me know If I should get some more.. I need to find the ftp addy lol I saved it somewhere on this drive.
Old 12/10/2007, 21:27   #7

HAH, I just turned on my client Archlord, and it had a patch, during the total now = reading from *.JZP

So that means the intro window/exe must have code to decrypt/read it?
Old 12/10/2007, 22:35   #8

Dunno, something is really weird about this files. With a little bit hexediting (i.e. copy of the stream data into an existing *.gz file overwritting the old data), i can unpack some of the *.dds files (get a crc32 error, but thats expected, cause forcefully changed the old stuff with the new one, where i dont had a crc32 for ^^)

But when opening this files with XNView, they are black. I'm pretty sure, that GZip/ZLib is the right methode, because if i open the extracted *.dds in an hexeditor, it shows the DDS header (like all other DDS files), which wouldn't show, if wrong decompression is used.

But when trying the same thing with the txt files, from the big archive, it only returns the data itself (like when it's not compressed). Maybe the *.txt/*.ini files are also encyrpted?

Was much easier on Warhammer Online files, that this one.
Old 12/11/2007, 08:45   #9

Some of the txt/ini are encrypted, still no time to look, try to repost here on wednesday, day off. ^^
Old 04/19/2008, 21:25   #10

Hi peaple so any unpacker for .jzp???
Old 05/30/2008, 14:10   #11

so is there an app written to extract the Entropia .bnt files? i just want to change the UI. and can a few simple changes to the images in the archives be tracked? would that risk me getting kicked off?

« Pixel/Farb Bot | Captchas umgehen »