Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 08:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

RuneScape Bot Lawsuit Suffers a Setback

Discussion on RuneScape Bot Lawsuit Suffers a Setback within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old 09/26/2010, 07:29   #16

elite*gold: 0
Kinda sad to hear this I hardly play RS anymore but I still hate bots.
Old 02/21/2011, 18:45   #17

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azpherus View Post
Hopefully this will make other gaming companies to think twice before sueing an bot company xD
they wont, generally other games hires a company to BOT for them to increase the cash/premium trade etc. but unlike jagex, they only want their players to hand grind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariGod View Post
ummm just sayin scape should have died a long time ago but the botting thing isnt even that bad compaired to silkroad i mean u cant walk down a road without seeing at least 10 bots no matter where u are so jagex shouldnt complain at least they have some real players
true, but the botting cannot be compared the silkroad since those gold bots are from joymax it self.

i remember the time when i hand grinded every level to lv 72 and got bored on rs, its still there with like a 110k gold, but then, members werent as strong, so the game got unbalanced. at that time, RS was even competing with WoW, but yeah runescapes torchs is gradually running out, i bet they will shut down in a few years just like some other mmos who couldnt fight bots
Old 03/06/2011, 00:24   #18

I agree with the Court. In order for the lawsuit to be valid, Jagex would have to demonstrate harm. They are not harmed by the existence of this type of bot.

Hurry for a court system that actually works.
Old 08/06/2011, 07:59   #19

LOL I hate Jagex, I agree it'd be kind of stupid of them to NOT stop botters but to try and attack a company that makes bots is pretty dumb. I agree with all of you, on how many GM's they'd have to higher to try and scan the maps all day for hackers, and how many accounts would be banned, and they'd have to go through all the people who may NOT be botting and all that. Then of course at least 10 of the 100 GM's they'd have to pointlessly hire would abuse their power and ban people that **** them off. This whole thing would just be a waste of time and money, which this company has a surplus of, explained by @naruto820 on how many members there are and even how many member botters there are making TONS of cash. My cousin has a multicliented bot that bots up to 10 windows at a time, if thousands of people do that, do they expect gm's to ban 10,000 people for botting?

Tags
rs