Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 06:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Chinese Online Game Crackdown Launched

Discussion on Chinese Online Game Crackdown Launched within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Chinese Online Game Crackdown Launched

It seems as the beginning of World of Warcraft, China launched a campaign to crack down on online games operating illegally and featuring content deemed to be unhealthy. Till now, about 45 online games has been led to shutdown. Additionally, authorities also announced last month that all songs posted on music websites must receive prior approval.

by : Yahoo! Tech

(via yahoo, thx!)
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2009, 04:24   #2

elite*gold: 0
Omg...can you believe what they "believe" the games are doing?

Quote:
The crackdown has so far led to the shutdown of 45 online games, which authorities said encouraged players to engage in illegal activities such as drug trafficking and prostitution, the Beijing News said.
Old 10/11/2009, 17:46   #3

***** this only happens in "China" they are trying to slowly block connections to other countries. Just like North Korea.
Old 10/11/2009, 18:38   #4

elite*gold: 360
omg those chinese live in 17th century---
Old 10/12/2009, 05:03   #5

you guys are generalizing the whole country with the government that my friend which makes you more ignorant than any others in the world. There is a lot of things that you don't know about china. Just because you read a stupid article like this doesn't mean that everyone in china is the same. FYI i live in china by the way.
Old 10/12/2009, 09:01   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,084
Chinese government definitely has, in my opinion, excessive control over information. I'm surprised we don't hear more uprising and opposition in the world news. Then again, our mass media operates the same way.