Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 20:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Xbox One: Wave of Criticism

Discussion on Xbox One: Wave of Criticism within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Xbox One: Wave of Criticism

On May 21 - we remember - the Xbox: One was presented. Microsoft had hoped to receive positive feedback from prospective customers, but the exact opposite has happened - criticism began to spread widely from many parties. Even a representative of federal data protection questioned the console publicly in an interview with a German news magazine called Spiegel:

"Under the heading "game console", Microsoft launches a monitoring device on the market [...] The Xbox frequently registers all sorts of information about myself - reaction rates, my ability to learn or emotional states, which are collected and processed on an external server and possibly given to third parties. Affected persons can not change the situation, that this information probably will never be deleted", said Peter Scharr.

Also, a majority of gamers face the console with a certain amount of scepticism. Thus it happened, that many of them expressed discontent through the commentary function on Youtube. Beside the criticism, insults pattered into the commentary list of Microsoft's Youtube videos. As a result, Microsoft was forced to disable the commentary function for affected videos for the time being.

How do you think of the recent incidents regarding the Xbox and the reaction of Microsoft?

Attached Images

Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2013, 18:11   #2

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 109/0/1
die armen
Old 06/02/2013, 18:39   #3

haha xD
Old 06/02/2013, 19:06   #4

elite*gold: 834
ill just say this... PLAYSTATION>>>>>>>>>>>>XBOX! even the xbox fanboys with brains will buy a ps4....
Old 06/02/2013, 20:30   #5

Microsoft have fallen into the arrogance trap that Sony did with the PS3, they are dictating to gamers what they want their console to do. Sony tried to make the PS3 more of a media experience which is why gamers went for the 360.

To Sony's credit they've learned from the mistakes they've made and come up with a console that gamers want.

I can understand to a certain degree their thinking of a HTPC style media centre with a standardised gaming platform but console gamers just don't want this... they want a gaming console.

People are also getting fed up with the XBL subscription fee so all Sony need to do is provide friends integration of the same level that XBL does and this round will go to Sony.
Old 06/03/2013, 11:19   #6

i think they have the bad luck because of the bad name...
XBOX ONE, lol
Old 06/03/2013, 18:22   #7

Why Xbox one? 359 steps back.
Old 06/03/2013, 18:50   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFastard View Post
People are also getting fed up with the XBL subscription fee so all Sony need to do is provide friends integration of the same level that XBL does and this round will go to Sony.
Where do you get this information? I have yet toget fed up with my payments im sorry $50 a year doesn't ammount to anything really and I get great support and live features.

On other notes

Yes there is a lot of criticism because the XBox One has adapted to the new technology breakthroughs of connecting to other devices. The PS4 has made no such innovations. Everyone complaining that its a media device and not a console is wrong. WE just haven't been given games yet as Microsoft routinely waits till E3 for that.

The people who are worried about recording problem and data base things like that have their right to be that way. But have they said the kinect even has to be used? From my thinking you could just have the Kinect unplugged and bam it cant do any form of information gathering. I might be wrong as there has been no comment about this yet.

Also people worry about the paying to loan games. To start PS4 has made no comment about this yet and it is speculated they planned the same thing so we shall see what happens. Also it is a one time payment to add another gamertag so your friend can borrow it multiple times for that one payment. Lastly we still have no price for the loan. For all we know it could be $1 im sorry if your friend is to broke to have $1 to borrow the game they shouldn't be borrowing it for a $400+ system.

I am still more interested in the Xbox One to date as the PS4 like the PS3 has yet to impress me in any substantial way.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/04/2013, 01:06   #9

elite*gold: 65
Just buy a pc and be happy? Its the end of console wars anyways.
Old 06/04/2013, 16:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by quailgang View Post
Where do you get this information? I have yet toget fed up with my payments im sorry $50 a year doesn't ammount to anything really and I get great support and live features.

On other notes

Yes there is a lot of criticism because the XBox One has adapted to the new technology breakthroughs of connecting to other devices. The PS4 has made no such innovations. Everyone complaining that its a media device and not a console is wrong. WE just haven't been given games yet as Microsoft routinely waits till E3 for that.

The people who are worried about recording problem and data base things like that have their right to be that way. But have they said the kinect even has to be used? From my thinking you could just have the Kinect unplugged and bam it cant do any form of information gathering. I might be wrong as there has been no comment about this yet.

Also people worry about the paying to loan games. To start PS4 has made no comment about this yet and it is speculated they planned the same thing so we shall see what happens. Also it is a one time payment to add another gamertag so your friend can borrow it multiple times for that one payment. Lastly we still have no price for the loan. For all we know it could be $1 im sorry if your friend is to broke to have $1 to borrow the game they shouldn't be borrowing it for a $400+ system.

I am still more interested in the Xbox One to date as the PS4 like the PS3 has yet to impress me in any substantial way.
I said people, not everyone :P It is a statement which has been cited on several articles about the One.

I believe the PS4 will be adopting a similar system with regards to second hand or loaned games. Don't blame Sony or MS for this, blame the likes or EA and Ubisoft.

The problem with the PS3 is that it was too late into the market and essentially offered less at launch than what the 360 already had. That generation was all about full online integrated gaming and XBL had a huge advantage with its friends system, compounding Sony's problem to get people to buy the PS3 even further.

I'm not so sure exactly what "innovations" the console market needs. Sure we're reaching a level of graphical output now where these "innovations" come from sideways additions as opposed to simply bolting on more horsepower. Major differences only really come (and are accepted) every 2 generations anyway, at least so far. The early innovative console is usually the loser. 8-bit and 16-bit consoles were in one of those 2 generations. NES, Master System, SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis. Most peripherals and add-ons just weren't cared for like the Sega-CD and 32X. The next 2 generations had the PS1, Saturn, Jaguar, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, XBox, Gamecube. The Jag was too early and a 64-bit cartridge based console wasn't a great idea. The Dreamcast was great but just too early for that generation as people were still happy with their PS1s. The next 2 generations we have the PS3, 360, Wii, PS4, One, Wii U and if you follow the loose pattern as to how things need to go, there doesn't need to be any major innovation, just improvements and refinements to the already existing "system" in place.

Of course that's all a very rough summary of it all but generally I hope you see what I mean.
Old 06/05/2013, 00:23   #11

elite*gold: 1
The Black Market: 100/0/0
I like the new Xbox One and for anyone who likes to follow what miscreant do etc the reason they called it Xbox ONE is because its an Xbox which is all in one so they have basically got all the of the versions of Xbox and decided how can we make it better and they decide to basically make one that can do all the others can do but better. At least Xbox come up with creative names not like playstation 1, 2, 3 and 4
Old 06/06/2013, 16:11   #12

PS4 vs XBOX720 lol PS4 wins

Tags
xbox: one