The SOPA/PIPA topic got lately a lot of attention.
Starting by the huge SOPA blackout by wikipedia, greenpeace, 4chan (full list at the bottom*), followed by the news of the shut down of Megaupload.com, counterstriked by Anonymous by taking offline the FBI webservers, Warners Music Group, RDAA and many more some developers are working now on Mozilla plugins to defy SOPA.
HOW IT WORKS
When turned on, DeSopa intercepts URLs, sends the base URL to three offshore DNS services via HTTP, makes a best effort to check that two of them are equivalent, caches the IP for the browser session, redirects to the equivalent URL using the IP, and substitutes out the domain name in the source code with the IP address for future requests.
Meh it's about time wikipedia blackout is over beside this add on should be good
recommend not to use it after Jan 24 because that will the be the day of voting on the bill of SOPA.
Helpful tool for US internet users. Let's just hope websites can strategically relocate internationally IF the bill passes. There's such a large movement for it to fail, but sometimes politicians don't really listen to that.
@shemgwapo I doubt they will, this whole bill seems fishy, like it's just a tactical distraction of sorts for something happening or going to happen. My reasoning for this is that this bill is destined to fail, the american people wouldn't let anything of the sort happen to their(our technically since I'm american ) internet or what is on it and I'm positive with all the poll's and information gathering the government does on it's people I'd guess they know it as well, but this is all just my opinion on it from a stand point of how I'd cover something up
SOPA is stopped
PIPA is still going for votes, since most of site protested against SOPA, no PIPA
- No, SOPA is still on going, But the hearing date for it was moved to Febuary.
- I dont know the specific day for it. But im pretty sure it was moved to Febuary.
@shemgwapo I doubt they will, this whole bill seems fishy, like it's just a tactical distraction of sorts for something happening or going to happen. My reasoning for this is that this bill is destined to fail, the american people wouldn't let anything of the sort happen to their(our technically since I'm american ) internet or what is on it and I'm positive with all the poll's and information gathering the government does on it's people I'd guess they know it as well, but this is all just my opinion on it from a stand point of how I'd cover something up
I wholeheartedly agree and wish more people realized this. SOPA/PIPA/ACTA aren't about anti-piracy anyway, they're about censorship. They don't affect anybody but law abiding citizens, something the government is well aware of.
IF it isn't a big government smoke screen then we can expect them to be watered down repeatedly until they pass, and then added to over the next years a la Homeland Security/Patriot Act.
Either way it sets a dangerous precedent whether it passes or not.
iPhone 3GS oder Motorola Defy? 01/08/2012 - Smartphones - 5 Replies Huhu! Ich hab ein Motorola Defy, nun könnt ich es gegen ein iPhone 3G 8GB tauschen. Soll ich das Defy behalten oder soll ich gegen das iPhone tauschen ? (Es entsteht kein Aufpreis)
Ist ein iPhone 3G 8GB. Oder ich verkauf das Defy und hol
mir das 3GS 16GB?
[Tutorial] Motorola Defy - MIUI 1.8.5 - Flashen für Anfänger 08/09/2011 - Tutorials - 4 Replies http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2967/b2cdefybla ckl3qtrhomeem.png
In meinen Tutorial erkläre ich euch, wie ihr auf euer Defy die Custom-Rom "MIUI 1.8.5" (Android 2.3.5) flashen könnt.
Anfängerfreundlich
Download: (.pdf)
MultiUpload.com
Uploaded.to
[How to]Androit fuer Motorola DEFY mit AutoIt 02/15/2011 - AutoIt - 6 Replies Gibt es einen weg einen AutoIt Androit fuer das Motorola DEFY zu machen ?¿ Oder kann mann scripts nur auf PC machen bzw. oeffnen xD ... :confused:
Looking for Website devs / Client devs 05/20/2010 - General Gaming Discussion - 0 Replies Hey, we are looking for some website dev's : what u need to do : creating scripts in php/html for a control panel, or change the site etc.
or client dev's.
Just PM me and we will decide if we take u or not.
greetz.