Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Reviews > Game Reviews
You last visited: Today at 19:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Spec Ops: The Line

Discussion on Spec Ops: The Line within the Game Reviews forum part of the Reviews category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Spec Ops: The Line

Content
Storyline

The story of this game is developed in Dubai, where the worst sandstorms have been happening for about 6 months already. Politicians from Dubai started to evacuate people without letting the media know about this, so they left civilians to their own fate there.

Due to this situation Coronel John Konrad, a condecored war hero, and head of the Thirty-Third battalion of the US Army decided to volunteer his whole battalion in order to evacuate Dubai, even though UAE didn't want to get any foreign help.

After some time working on the evacuation, sand storms got worse and worse; therefore they got orders to leave Dubai and go back to the US. Colonel Konrad disobeyed his orders and kept the Thirty-Third with him in order to rescue every civilian that remained in Dubai. Sand storms made it impossible to have access to Dubai, and to communicate with the Thirty-Third, so US thought they were already dead and disregarded the option of survivors being rescued.

Yet, 6 months later a transmission was gotten from Konrad, who informed about the plenty of colleagues and civilians that had died already, but letting everyone know that there were still survivors...So the US sent the Delta squad in order to get information about Colonel Konrad, and get him back alive.

The Delta squad is conformed by just 3 elite members: Captain Martin Walker, Lieutenant Alphonso Adams and Sargent John Lugo. During this game players will take the place of Captain Walker and go through different sand storms and the already dead Dubai, where a lot of intelligence items can be found, which will help Captain Walker understand the situation over this country.

Gameplay
Controls

The playability of this game is really intuitive, as well as standard. For the PC version, the basic controls are:
  • Aim: as usual, aiming is controlled with your mouse, for direction of the camera and by using the right click.
  • Shoot: The action of shooting is done by using the left click.
  • Switch weapon: players can change between their primary and secondary weapons by pressing "E".
  • Crouch: players can crouch by pressing "CTRL"/
  • Run/take cover: By pressing the Space Bar users get into "running mode"; it isn't needed to keep it pressed to run, yet if you want to take cover it'll be needed to keep it pressed nearby any object that might work as cover.
  • Grenades: To throw a grenade you need to press "Q"

Nothing too complicated, isn't it? There isn't any control that would interfere with any other action you have to do; which makes these quite comfortable to use.

Decisions

Spec Ops: The Line brings different challenges to the table. The most exciting part of this is that they are based on your own decisions, which should be lead by your morality. Often, during the campaign, you'll be given two options from which you'll have to choose one, and these decisions might be critical for the campaign; and come accompanied by an achievement or trophy -depending on which platform are you playing in-.

In order for me not to give out any information about this (or not to make any spoiler) I've decided to simply show some screenshots.

Here is the "Narrative Trailer" of the game, it is really good, and gives an idea of where are you going to be in the game.

Personal Opinion/Rating

Spec Ops: The Line was developed by Yager Development and published by 2K Games, was released on June 26, 2012; following the Spec Ops franchise, and providing a great and really enjoyable game to the gamers; mostly to the lovers of Third Person Shooters (TPS).

This game's storyline can be finished in around 6-8 hours if you are skilled; yet if you are one of the people who like getting every achievement of the game, it might take over 30 hours. There is so much to do in the game, from mastering the usage of every kind of weapon up to gathering every single intelligence item that are spread around every chapter of the game.

After playing this game on every difficulty, and gathering every possible achievement, I give the game an 8.5/10 because this game is full of action and gives a lot to do; yet it is really short in my opinion. All in all, I definitely recommend to play this game to everyone, either if you like TPS or not, this game is worth taking the time to, at least, give it one run at the storyline.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 16:03   #2

elite*gold: 101
The Black Market: 124/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,249
Hat das Spiel ein Multiplayer?
Old 03/12/2013, 16:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerSyntax! View Post
Hat das Spiel ein Multiplayer?
Yes, it does have multiplayer game mode, as well as co-op. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play these modes, as, for the co-op, any of my friends are interested in purchasing this game -sadly- and for the multiplayer, I've waited for a while for it to connect, and (probably because of my connection) it didn't connect me to any game...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 16:11   #4

elite*gold: 179
The Black Market: 187/0/0
Amazing Review, thanks. I am thinking to buy it, but a few of my friends are saying that the multiplayer isn´t so good like the story. But amazing overview of the story. ;D
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/12/2013, 16:22   #5

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShadow02 View Post
Amazing Review, thanks. I am thinking to buy it, but a few of my friends are saying that the multiplayer isn´t so good like the story. But amazing overview of the story. ;D
Your friends are right. The multiplayer is ****. The Story is amazing. I played 6 hours the Story and it was worth to play it. On Steam Sale i paid 5€ for a amazing game.

If u want to play a good story - buy it
If u want to play a good multiplayer - dont buy it

Btt:

Amazing Review! Good job.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 17:08   #6

Funny, got today spec ops and than? I saw your review

Btw it's worth to buy the games, its incredible ! i love the story!
Old 03/12/2013, 18:15   #7

yes,
its a great game, hopefully this game will get more people who buy it ;D
Great review ;D
Old 03/27/2013, 01:47   #8

Received Thanks: 1,243
Great review.
I really like the storyline but actually it's not worth buying it if you mainly play multiplayer.
No action at all cuz of 4vs4 TDM in pretty big maps. Also it might take up 2 or 3 minutes between the games. It's not as good as i thought it would be...
Old 03/27/2013, 02:00   #9

For the single player campaign, this game is totally worth it though! I have yet to experience the multiplayer, because I've been focusing on accomplishing everything that can be accomplished in the game, on both Steam version and PS3 version, and so far, it has given me around 35 hours of fun