Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Cannot get through to character selection.

Discussion on Cannot get through to character selection. within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cannot get through to character selection.

Hi thank you for opening my thread. I have added that __SECURITY_FIXES that has alot of changes made. My problem is that whenever I login and after in the server selection screen it will always just "Connecting, please wait" and wont get through to character selection. I do not get why this is happening. But when I close the client, on the server files I receive this error only:
Code:
RemoveUser(): *pUser->m_pKey is '
I tried searching it in the source and it goes here.
File: User.cpp(LoginServer Project) Function:
Code:
BOOL CUserMng::RemoveUser( DPID dpid )
{
	CMclAutoLock Lock( m_AddRemoveLock );
#ifdef __STL_0402
	C2User::iterator i = m_dpid2User.find( dpid );
	if( i != m_dpid2User.end() )
	{
		CUser* pUser	= i->second;
		m_dpid2User.erase( i );
#else	// __STL_0402
	CUser* pUser;
	if( m_dpid2User.Lookup( dpid, pUser ) )
	{
		m_dpid2User.RemoveKey( dpid );
#endif	// __STL_0402
		m_ac2User.erase( pUser->m_pKey );

if( !pUser->m_bIllegal )
		{
			if( *pUser->m_pKey != '\0' )
			{
				g_dpDBClient.SendLeave( pUser->m_pKey, pUser->m_idPlayer, timeGetTime() - pUser->m_dwTime );
			}
			else
				WriteLog( "RemoveUser(): *pUser->m_pKey is '\0'" );

if( pUser->m_idPlayer > 0 )
				g_dpCoreClient.SendLeave( pUser->m_idPlayer );
		}
		else
		{
			WriteLog( "RemoveUser(): Illegal" );
		}
		g_dpLoginSrvr.CacheOut( pUser->m_nIndexOfCache );

SAFE_DELETE( pUser );
		m_uCount--;
		return TRUE;
	}
	WriteLog( "RemoveUser(): dpid not found" );
	return FALSE;
}
What did I do wrong? Please help, I am so frustrated with this already trying to figure out for hours now

-- UPDATE
I have removed most of the snippets in the part where it's about logging in and I still cannot get through
Old 04/29/2019, 08:47   #2

Not being able to log in often is a result of serialization errors between servers.

If you added any system, that serializes information, make sure every part of the server-client connection or even server-server connection serializes it properly.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/30/2019, 04:14   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naltalah View Post
Not being able to log in often is a result of serialization errors between servers.

If you added any system, that serializes information, make sure every part of the server-client connection or even server-server connection serializes it properly.
Hi there and thank you for your information. Yes I do have that in my mind, but I have double checked everything that I have added though and reverted it all back to what it was fine before. But it still wont get through. Do you have more extended information about that serialization in the source? Thank you!
Old 04/30/2019, 11:17   #4

It's not only the serialization between Worldserver & Client, also the Serialization between DB/Cache and Worlserver can get thrown off.

Every character is being serialized twice. So make sure to check both times that happens.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/01/2019, 17:56   #5

Thank you so much. I have fixed it now.