Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Quick Sever Connection Tutorial!

Discussion on Quick Sever Connection Tutorial! within the FFXI Exploits, Hacks, Bots, Tools & Macros forum part of the Final Fantasy XI category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Quick Private Server Connection Tutorial!

1.Find your Boot program, I've found two (MXI and PXI) that I like so I'm no longer looking...

2.Edit your .ini file within the Boot program folder:

(MXI:Client.ini)
[SERVER]
SERVIP =
AUTOLOGIN = 0
USERNAME =
PASSWORD =
[CLIENT]
LANGUAGE = 1
## VERSION can be NA,EU or JP. This needs to reflect the POL version you have.
VERSION = NA
## MODE 0 = no windower, 1 = normal windower, 2 = windower light
WINDOWERMODE = 2
X_RES = 1280
Y_RES = 768

(PXI:FFXI-Boot.ini)
[SERVER]
SERVIP =
AUTOLOGIN = 0
USERNAME =
PASSWORD =

[CLIENT]
LANGUAGE = 1
## VERSION can be NA,EU or JP. This needs to reflect the POL version you have installed.
VERSION = NA
X_RES = 1024
Y_RES = 768

You should modify SERVIP by adding the Sever Address behind the =
(Example >>>>>>> "SERVIP = 46.4.145.234")

For MXI adjust the Windower setting as follows to avoid crashing...
(Example >>>>>>> "WINDOWERMODE = 2)
This is the Light Windower setting, no advanced macro scripting

Save and close the file....

3.(IMPORTANT)Right Click on the boot launch application, select properties, goto the compatibility tab, check the Run As Administrator box, press APPLY, press OK...

4.Run the Boot App (MXI or PXI), follow the command prompt instructions for creating an account (I have found one sever that makes you create one outside of command prompt), login, make your character.

5.(MOST IMPORTANT)
Have fun and be respectful... see you there!

That is basically a quick connect tutorial, there are options as stated above for autologin...
at first depending on where you get your Boot App the autologin info will be filled in with default or something else and set to 1 which means yes i want to automatically login...
This is great and all but if you don't have an account to begin with, it will just take you to the GM login i believe...
So to begin with you should delete the info behind the =

Example: "AUTOLOGIN = 0" "USERNAME = " "PASSWORD = "

Also if you have it set to autologin, you can't login to multiple accounts at once... I'll post a seperate topic on why you would want to do that.