Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Escape from Tarkov
You last visited: Today at 23:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Do you need a constant VPN for RUS accounts?

Discussion on Do you need a constant VPN for RUS accounts? within the Escape from Tarkov forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Do you need a constant VPN for RUS accounts?

asking this because I think they talked about that somehwere is this true and allready in place or planned?
Old 12/05/2023, 22:22   #2

from my understanding yes you do for each raid you can turn it off once in raid then have to turn it back on to start another
Old 12/08/2023, 04:21   #3

elite*gold: 13
No you just need to vpn to log into the accounts
Old 12/21/2023, 08:11   #4

elite*gold: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Products View Post
No you just need to vpn to log into the accounts
Not true. If you want to play on any server that is not apart of the CIS region, yes you will need a VPN. There is another way around this if you do not want any latency to your gameplay. You will need a VPN that is capable of IP Split tunneling (e.g. Windscribe, ProtonVPN etc) and pull some stuff around.
Old 12/21/2023, 12:14   #5

elite*gold: 13
LOL okie dokie it is true legit how everyone of my customers use there RU accounts also you are a bit late to the party @
Old 12/21/2023, 17:04   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Products View Post
LOL okie dokie it is true legit how everyone of my customers use there RU accounts also you are a bit late to the party @
So they didn’t change how it works? Because last I played all you needed was the vpn to login. But I also read somthing on the forum that tunneling was needed. As guess regardless I will try the old method and see if it works for me.
Old 12/21/2023, 21:30   #7

elite*gold: 41
you need tunneling... or just upgrade your account to EU or something
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/22/2023, 09:02   #8

elite*gold: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerTools View Post
you need tunneling... or just upgrade your account to EU or something
You did not answer the question of whether it's changed in the last year or not.
Because if it hasn't, then you are wrong.

The rest of my comment is assuming nothing has changed in the past year. Which by the way, is safe to assume without checking myself because BSG very openly supports the purchase of RU copies via VPN, both physically and financially.

You don't have to be connected to a VPN while actually in the game. Only in the login screen / username+password screen of the loader. If your credentials are remembered and your HWID is static, you won't have to connect to a VPN at all to start your game.

Also, I think you misunderstand what tunneling means.
You might have a VPN that named one of their features "tunneling", but I assure you the broad definition is understood as what a VPN's basic function is. You may be confusing it with protocol, but that also shouldn't matter unless your VPN is known to ignore certain ports/programs (like ignoring torrents to discourage pirating)

So to clarify, you should* only need a VPN enabled during the actual login screen, and the only reason the VPN wouldn't work during login is if it's not actually routing the game launcher through the VPN.
Old 12/22/2023, 11:02   #9

elite*gold: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by RgBuddy View Post
You did not answer the question of whether it's changed in the last year or not.
Because if it hasn't, then you are wrong.

The rest of my comment is assuming nothing has changed in the past year. Which by the way, is safe to assume without checking myself because BSG very openly supports the purchase of RU copies via VPN, both physically and financially.

You don't have to be connected to a VPN while actually in the game. Only in the login screen / username+password screen of the loader. If your credentials are remembered and your HWID is static, you won't have to connect to a VPN at all to start your game.

Also, I think you misunderstand what tunneling means.
You might have a VPN that named one of their features "tunneling", but I assure you the broad definition is understood as what a VPN's basic function is. You may be confusing it with protocol, but that also shouldn't matter unless your VPN is known to ignore certain ports/programs (like ignoring torrents to discourage pirating)

So to clarify, you should* only need a VPN enabled during the actual login screen, and the only reason the VPN wouldn't work during login is if it's not actually routing the game launcher through the VPN.
Afaik bsg now checks your ip mutliple times not only on login but also when starting the game and loading into a raid. What gamertools meant was split tunneling, some vpns dont support split tunneling by ip in their standard app so thats why he called it out

I havent played eft on a cis account myself in the last few months so I cant 100% confirm this
Old 12/22/2023, 21:59   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadicationalGroup View Post
Not true. If you want to play on any server that is not apart of the CIS region, yes you will need a VPN. There is another way around this if you do not want any latency to your gameplay. You will need a VPN that is capable of IP Split tunneling (e.g. Windscribe, ProtonVPN etc) and pull some stuff around.
would you be willing to add my discord and talk more about this, i have tried split tunneling by both IP and application with Windscribe but nothing is working, i am thinking it is either patched or i am doing much wrong

Discord: fierypiss
Old 12/22/2023, 23:22   #11

elite*gold: 31
I use NordVPN, connect to Ukraine, click play, and disconnect when the launcher disappears. Works perfectly fine for everything.
Thanks
1 User