Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server maintenance

Discussion on Server maintenance within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Server maintenance

I have had my server running on my end for quite a while, through my external (online) IP address, as provided my ipchicken.com

Thing is, I have just tried having a friend try to get on, first from my house, and got "Unable to connect due to server maintenance or network congestion".

I thought it may just because a garble due to it being on the same router, on the same internet connection as me, which can't handle a higher load well than 2-3 games running at once. So considering I was running a server, I though "ok, just a glug, try at his house".

So we went to his house, (computer still at home with server running) and still get the same issue.

He is using the same client as me. In fact, I gave him the link, and put the copy of my oem.dat/ini myself.

My computer is behind a DMZ, and I even disabled my firewall for it. My AntiVirus is AVG, which doesn't block ports, and I can run this game from my own computer (again, IP address *IS* set as told from IPChicken.com), and it IS a static IP by nature of my ISP.

Thoughts please?
Old 12/21/2010, 05:59   #2

did your accserver and msgserver working .?
Old 12/21/2010, 06:12   #3

Obviously yes, as I have been playing it for several days now

Problem is I can only play it locally, even though my IP is set in all the logs to my internet IP.
Even a computer on my network can't connect, as previously stated.
Old 12/21/2010, 15:17   #4

elite*gold: 246
Have you tried a port scan on your local computer?
Old 12/21/2010, 16:13   #5

No, I wasn't sure which ports to forward, so I put my computer behind a DMZ. Without my firewall on, no ports should be blocked, should they?

Please also note that my computer CAN accept incoming connections: When I run WAMP, others can view the web page (though I need to update my SQL so my pages can view player data, says it's incompatable with 4.0, which came in the server repacks...).

Ok, I realized that I only changed the oem.ini and not the oem.dat file, which one part still said localhost >.< stupid me :P