Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 09:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] Brainstorming the coast!

Discussion on [Development] Brainstorming the coast! within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

View Poll Results: Have this thread Helped you with your journey on becoming number 1 Private Server?
Yes 4 50.00%
No 0 0%
Somewhat Yes. 2 25.00%
Not at all. 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb

Hello, and welcome to Brainstorming Thread. Im sure most of you have many questions what this thread is and whats it for. Below this header is FAQs about this Thread in a sophistacated way.

What is Brainstorming?
Brainstorming is where you throw your ideas into make a better and fully fuctional idea. an example could be found below.

What is the purpose of this Thread
The purpose of this thread is to bring this part of the forum forward, and help the community to get better..(to beat TQ to the ground)

What can i find here?
In here you can find many participants shooting their ideas and together as a community, solve it and make a better idea, Possible make a useful idea. :P

How do i participate?
You can participate by just shooting your ideas in a post, but there are some rules.

Well, you say there are rules.. What are they?
  1. The rules are simple, You CAN'T bring out ideas that will deal with commerce.
    Commerce is defined as the activity embracing all forms of the purchase and sale of goods and services
  2. Participants cannot flame, if so happened, Please get out.
  3. Participants MUST go by ePvp forum rules.
  4. You cannot take an idea that someone already have. For example, if someone made a program and you want the same, don't. Support the person that made it, instead of working against him. You can make a program like his, but don't get too competative.
To the Moderators
Please don't close this thread if someone goes off topic, IT IS supposed to go off topic to branch off topic. But if someone goes REALLY off topic and being random... That person is all yours.

Here is how it will go. You say an idea and i or someone else in the community will try to answer it. If so answered, I will update this thread and add it to the main post.

I will update this thread Daily. if you have any questions, please ask. Also, if you find any mistake, please point it out.

So if someone says, Read the F**king Manuel().. You come straigt to here see where you went wrong

================================================== =====
Christmas Quest!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Participants: SpongeBox
Type: Quest
Date Opened: 11/10/10
Date Closed: --

a template of how it will show... support the community.. i will so soon.

Bug Hunt!
Participants: karnyge
Type: Quest/Event
Requires: New Levels/Maps
Date Opened: 11/11/10

a Quest where players have to kill Maggots, Scorpions, spiders, scorpionking, spiderqueen, etc as stated below, Just like snipe, But it will give more EXP along with many prizes. Beta Stage.

Ubuntu and Eudemons
Participants: [GM]Death[PM]
Type: --
Requires: Ubuntu; Can be downloaded here :
Date Opened: 11/11/10

[SIZE="2] A new way of playing eudemons.. a new OS that is.[/SIZE]

#Reserved for a better plan, sorry.

AN IDEA!!! make a quest for Christmas. but just make a template, so new comers and/or ePvp veterans will take it on and make it them selfs..

#Sorry for double posting. I have Huge idea, its 9:50PM and must go to school tomorrow..
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/11/2010, 04:16   #2

I call getting Eudemons working on Ubuntu. Which is done just have to make the time to get everything together. WOOT WOOT! its 10:07 pm and I still have three essays to write. Haha

As for the topic very nice idea. Hopefully we can start growing as a forum community. Regardless we are all in this together and we need to stick together to make the experience of the private servers even better. Although I have not been able to do much because of school etc. If anyone needs help with something feel free to shoot me a message. Well kudos to you sponge.

As for the Ubuntu part. I still have a few things to do etc. The main thing is making it to where no one should have an issue running it on Ubuntu and as well can still run it on Windows. I have a database and client files that I will release with the Ubuntu edition of the Eudemons portion. The translations are with proper English done up to about 80%. This is with-in the cq_action, cq_itemtype, etc. Also I am working on a free launcher so there will be no paying for it at all. It will be my little thing for the Eudemons portion of the forums. I have it working some what. Have also made a directory for the Auto Patch system so all you need to do is drag your patches in etc. So the three main things I have going at the moment is the Ubuntu part, New client and database, and the Launcher. During December I will catch a bit of a break from school. So hopefully I will have majority of the things I have noted as well as a few other things I have tinkered with during class.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2010, 14:25   #3

Event/Quest Idea

New Levels/Maps will be required

Basic premise of the idea is a giant BUG hunt. Ya know, like the movie - Starship Troopers. LOL
Maggots, Scorpions, spiders, scorpionking, spiderqueen, etc. Similarly run like the Snipe, but you kill more, get more exp and better rewards - like donation gearsets.

I can make most of it, but i cannot do the npc. I would need help there. Yeah i know the details are sketchy, but all ideas start with bones then get fleshed out.
And yes I would love to be involved in the creation of this, because its my idea.

PS- Nice thread idea Spongebox dude
Old 11/11/2010, 15:42   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
eh i suspose i will let this stay open. Since you all are brain storming about EO devlopement however if it goes too far off topic.. I get to get mean and evil..
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2010, 16:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post
I get to get mean and evil..
LMFSAO Your a pussycat really

Anyways, onto topic.

I apologise for my silly idea for an event/quest, but i want so badly to contribute to the forum. But not having a server or and access to the db's i did have i cant do much any more. And with the plethora of pservers out there its harder still to keep up with things.

Good luck with the thread spongebox.

I cant do any work on this right now. Gonna need some help to get a test running on my computer. So I am asking if you, YES YOU SPONGEBOX, could help me out here please? My msn is on my profile, just put EPVP in the message part so i know its you.
Old 11/11/2010, 20:38   #6

Awesome guys ive updated the main post. It will be Awesome if everyone participate. Just Post what you have in mind and as a community we will try to complete it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/12/2010, 21:27   #7

elite*gold: 246
#Closed (upon request)
Closed Thread