Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

COMMON ISSUES

Discussion on COMMON ISSUES within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
COMMON ISSUES

As a not very experienced server owner, I thought and discussed this idea with a staff member here.
The idea is simple, I am gonna post a series of common issues faced by newcomers to the pservers scene in the hopes that the experienced will answer them. My hope is that it will be a one-stop thread for issue solving, eventually.
I appreciate that the thread could get long and messy, hopefully the staff in here will keep an eye on this thread to keep it nice and relevant.

Please feel free to add a question that is not already here.

1- Connection errors. People often have an error connecting to one or another of the 3 servers required to run a pserver.

2- Legion War and PK tournament issues- crashing the server, changing the time or day it runs, etc.

3- Guides- as there appears to be no guides on the following, would someone please make them?. I am not saying they aint here somewhere, but it would help if they were pointed out.
Adding events. The only ones i have found have queries to run but thats all. Detail about how to do this, how to make it work isnt just a case of running a query in the db, etc etc.
Adding new and removing unwanted euds from the server files and database.
A guide on how to edit the appearance on all things in the game. Not a release of edits, but details on software required and how to edit things. What software to use to edit the dds files for the best results, etc etc.

4- Staff roles required. If you are posting on elite looking for staff to fulfill a specific role, use this thread. Include the server name, required experience and a contact point.

5- Creating a patch. A guide would be extremely helpful.

6- Creating a working server on Win7 It seems to me that because xp/xp pro and maybe Vista, will be phased out soon, it makes sense for a guide on creating a server on Windows 7 is definitely needed.
Or at the very least the current threads about setting up servers are updated and/or checked to confirm the links are still valid.

Please make your additions as comprehensive and as easy to follow as possible, some of us are not as good at these things as you may be.

Posting links to quality information will also help.

(I bet no-one uses this thread- PROVE ME WRONG PEOPLE)
Thank you all for future input to help this thread.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/18/2010, 21:43   #2

As an experienced server owner i see the point of this thread but at the same time i see the fact that maybe your just looking for questions answered that seem to be common-sense sort of things.... that you can figure out through problem solving like the rest of us... or just looking around?

Be that as it may you make good points, this forum and section is made for help and i will contribute to your thread here.

3-a
- To add an event you will first need to organize what you want to do such as the beast invasion event/quest. You will have to add a time to that event to start and end in cq_action. You will have to add the tasks that happen in that time frame to cq_task. It's very basic, but without many details on the who's or whats you can't really give good guides.

3-b
- Adding and removing unwanted eudemons will be the following:
You will only really have to remove the eudemons texture from the folder c3/texture/ if it's a horse type eudemon it will be under c3/horse/ but if you want to be thurough you will need to remove the mount / eudemons information from the following:
3dmotion.ini
3dobj.ini
3dsimpleobj.ini
3dsimplerole.ini
3dtexture.ini
armor.ini
changegg.ini
dynamicrank.ini
eudrbntype.ini
mount.ini
mountmotion.ini
mounttype.ini
petdescribe.ini
(any database entries in)
cq_monstertype
cq_grade
cq_eudemon_rbn_type

3-c
Now to edit all things in game is not technically possible yet and i say yet. now we can edit a large amount of things but you will need photoshop or some sort of editing software with a DDS plugin (I recommend using nvidia's). Your also going to need to know where the file is in the interface that your editing, most items / eudemons / npcs are located inside of the c3/texture/ folder. The interface itself is located in data/interface/style01/ folders. Now a key after editing a dds is first, don't run the client that your editing the files out of when your editing them. and when you save it you MUST save it as explicit ALPHA.

Legion war crashing the server would either be.. a- a some sort of map issue. Now if the server starts it means the map SHOULD be fine. This could also be a cq_action error in the commands of the guild war, this could also be an error in the tasks in cq_task for guildwar. There is a few more possibilities but these are main ones.

Connection errors... now the most common one is Account Server - Message Server.
I'm going to say this VERY clearly because this is 99.99999999999% of the time WHY people have the "Cannot connect to Account Server" Issue. you MUST and i mean MUST!!! HEX EDIT shell.dat if you don't you will end up with the error "cannot connect to account server". It can also be one of your config files but the most common is that.

here are a list of the possible files.
shell.ini (msg.exe config)
my.ini (npc.exe config)
account.ini (accserv.exe config)

- Every other file should have a local IP - 127.0.0.1

i'll make edits to this if i find things wrong with it. Or if someone brings it up.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/18/2010, 21:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldada View Post
Legion war crashing the server would either be.. a- a some sort of map issue. Now if the server starts it means the map SHOULD be fine. This could also be a cq_action error in the commands of the guild war, this could also be an error in the tasks in cq_task for guildwar. There is a few more possibilities but these are main ones.

i'll make edits to this if i find things wrong with it. Or if someone brings it up.
The majority of the owners these days are using the RevoDB. The issue with this database is that its full of bugs that people don't want to try and figure out for themselves. But be that as it may, the issue with the legion war there is a simple fix.

While translating the cq_action the owner/translators messed up a few lines. They added tildes (~) where there shouldn't/Can't be any. The fix to this has been posted and is linked in my signature but here is a quote of it to clarify to everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurion
UPDATE cq_action SET param='Ë𻵳ÇÃÅ 26 17 100 2 %map_owner_id 1100 473 775 0 0 0 8410270 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10000000 0 0 1000 0 0 0 0 0' WHERE id='8410201';
UPDATE cq_action SET param='Ë𻵳ÇÃÅ 26 17 100 2 %map_owner_id 1100 463 353 0 0 0 8410570 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10000000 0 0 1000 0 0 0 0 0' WHERE id='8410501';
When the tildes are in the param, it will glitch out the server from accepting that the user has killed the gate. This error was easily fixed by looking through the server logs upon the server crashing.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/18/2010, 22:05   #4

I thank you both for the responses, especially with so much detail.

@ danialdada - No it wasnt to get help on the issues i mentioned. I discussed this idea with a member of staff to see if he/she could persuade someone to actually make it. Instead i was told that i should make it as it was my idea.
In relation to the issues i posted about, the only one i need help on was creating an event, as you will see from the post i made a few days ago.

@ Eurion - wow that simple, cool. Many will find that of great use.

**Edited original post to reflect the purpose. Sorry for the confusion.**
Old 08/19/2010, 12:08   #5

Thanks you guys for helping me out no more bugs
Old 08/20/2010, 06:51   #6

**ORIGINAL THREAD UPDATED**

To reflect another question newcomers would appreciate an answer to.
Old 08/27/2010, 00:30   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldada View Post

3-b
- Adding and removing unwanted eudemons will be the following:
You will only really have to remove the eudemons texture from the folder c3/texture/ if it's a horse type eudemon it will be under c3/horse/ but if you want to be thurough you will need to remove the mount / eudemons information from the following:
3dmotion.ini
3dobj.ini
3dsimpleobj.ini
3dsimplerole.ini
3dtexture.ini
armor.ini
changegg.ini
dynamicrank.ini
eudrbntype.ini
mount.ini
mountmotion.ini
mounttype.ini
petdescribe.ini
(any database entries in)
cq_monstertype
cq_grade
cq_eudemon_rbn_type
Ok, but ... How can i know what is the Pet ID texture?

For example:

I want to delete the ChinaMen ... Whats the ID of ChinaMen textures? Like, how can I discover this?

And if I want to create a New Eudemon with ChinaMen ID (ID Of DB) what I have do to with the textures of the new eudemon?
Old 08/27/2010, 00:39   #8

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
look at his lookface. if his lookface is 345 then the texture would be 34500000
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2010, 00:47   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post
look at his lookface. if his lookface is 345 then the texture would be 34500000
Ty guy, I will try it
Old 08/27/2010, 01:05   #10

Very good question there Aaron, and i hope the answer provided by Deadpool works.

Thank you both for the contribution to the thread.
Old 08/27/2010, 23:19   #11

Ok, some the original Lookface are ok. But the Newers Eudemons don't have the same Lookface and texture ID.

I have installed a DDS Plugin on Photoshop CS2 and now I can see the Textures on c3/textures but I can't find the textures of Astral Eudemons (I have downloaded a client wich have it) ... There is some other place that have to look for Eudemons Textures? =/

And, After I find the Texture, I need only to put the texture where in INI? :S
Old 08/28/2010, 00:46   #12

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
you need a .dnp ripper to rip out the textures from the c3.dnp. Use search you will find one
Old 08/28/2010, 05:33   #13

OMG ... I'm really trying.

All the programs that I download don't work. I'm trying to find the "Astral Eudemons" and put this on RevolutionEO DB, but I don't know how to make it... =/ , I have learned about the Database Side ... But I don't know how to do the Client Side! Like put texture on a Eudemon that I created on New Query...

Please, I'm begging ... HELP! T___T
Old 08/28/2010, 09:09   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronzitoBR View Post
OMG ... I'm really trying.

All the programs that I download don't work. I'm trying to find the "Astral Eudemons" and put this on RevolutionEO DB, but I don't know how to make it... =/ , I have learned about the Database Side ... But I don't know how to do the Client Side! Like put texture on a Eudemon that I created on New Query...

Please, I'm begging ... HELP! T___T
Well since you already know how to do the database part the client part should be relatively easy. Download any of the pet releases from e.pvpers to see exactly what files you need to update and them go into the TQ client and retrieve what you need. I would suggest starting at the ani... but there may be an easier way.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/29/2010, 00:08   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly393 View Post
Well since you already know how to do the database part the client part should be relatively easy. Download any of the pet releases from e.pvpers to see exactly what files you need to update and them go into the TQ client and retrieve what you need. I would suggest starting at the ani... but there may be an easier way.

I know the files I need to change in INI folder, but don't know how to coincide in c3/texture ... =/

The .c3 extractor that I download don't work here.