Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Debug Log

Discussion on Debug Log within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Debug Log

Alright, so pretty odd request of the day..

I have a habit of getting rid of log files i don't need so i can get down to exactly what i want.

Im tracing a function which calls debug logs, to get a better sense of it though I would like to see an output of it.

What im looking for in particular, is a debug log that uses the PrintF format of the following within it
Code:
ReleaseVer:%s MsgVer:%d , FileVer:%s, FileTime:%s==
Seems to mainly happen on Exit (crash) Ild say a the recent thread about clients crashing due to incorrect soul versions would have it.

Could also be gametick related - ill force a crash on this note now.

Generally called right while Handle.close it hit.
Old 02/23/2015, 01:55   #2

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,208
well for example:
ReleaseVer:8154 MsgVer:193 , FileVer:1.5702.1.193, FileTime:2015-01-15 21:46:19==(C3_CORE_DLL.dll 00029CFC:0)

about this Gametick.... what more you can tell about this?
I do see sometimes (rarely but do) warnings in server that certain player got ticked by this gametick ... and when it does it DC
as from client side its similar to crush looking... Its like game hanging and then cant follow with packets sending to server ... or wrong ones...

So ... I little looked into code of this game tick ... but not surely what I see considering this certain part....
Old 02/23/2015, 02:04   #3

This log, do you have a cause of it happening?

Reason it interests me, is TQ are very interested in what happens when this is caused.

game tick happens every second, much of the client is bound to it with server syncs being within 15 seconds (although truly its more like 10 because otherwise there is 'lag' - Ever noticed the congestion warning?)

Syncs are as initialized by the Server not the client.

Ticks can be used as a form of checksum in some places too.

if the window is kinda hung, its probably a dialog popup. - often they come up but the game itself covers it causing a fair bit of confusion.
Old 02/23/2015, 02:19   #4

this makes more sense ... and looks proper ...

Reason?
I noticed that this is happenig only with the high quality dll files... this might be relation to this c3_core_dll error ...
When this happen...
1) When much is happening around - loads of effects and players around - game somehow start to hang... you cant do anything .. mostly you doing close by task manager to get out of this... BUT whats funny recently I noticed that when this hang appear I am pressing TAB button and try to move ... after few seconds its released - meaning unhanging - char little moving - then right after DC (probably before even there was connection lose already) but client is unhanged...
Additionally mostly this happens when you afk... leave char afking and working on other screens...

My suspection basing on all of this and when - its like to much info is stored into memory or wrong way. This TAB usage got me to think that when I press its releasing most of information from RAMs thats why ... its releasing...
So I very much wonder if this whole hang and this error is just about memory overwhelm status...

I am currently observing this as well and gathering information.. as probably if this will be like this and continue ... new graphic fiiles for better quality effects wont look as best idea... But still checking ...
Old 02/23/2015, 02:23   #5

Most likely is the case.

that offset doesn't exist in my files, and it makes perfect sense now that i realize your pick and mixing files for "HQ" Graphics.
Old 02/23/2015, 02:43   #6

yeah ...
I will play with this little more ... will give max few days more ...
will try to play with tweaking entry points and try to use other files as well... will see if can be done anything more for this ...
sad that I am not best in this part of actions... but worth to try...

btw you mention TQ wondering about this too?
If so then ... this would mean they simply have issues inside their own dll files - and if they didnt handle this not sure if we will be able :/

P.S.
Another player provided me this error:
ReleaseVer:8154 MsgVer:193 , FileVer:1.5702.1.193, FileTime:2015-01-15 21:46:19==(C3_CORE_DLL.dll 000266FD:0)

looks like its not all the same for all..
(C3_CORE_DLL.dll 000266FD:0)
and
(C3_CORE_DLL.dll 00029CFC:0)

more about these errors that see:
(C3_CORE_DLL.dll 000266FD:0)
(C3_CORE_DLL.dll 00029CFC:0)

Both errors in real are most likely attached to roleview.dll file

So I guess all of this is really just about this file messing around...
it cannot be exchanged without exchanging rest ones like graphic.dll etc etc...

So or there will be located reason inside this roleview.dll or cant do **** with it
Old 02/23/2015, 11:32   #7

elite*gold: 0
ReleaseVer:5030 MsgVer:193 , FileVer:1.5702.1.193, FileTime:2015-02-18 10:24:08==(C3_CORE_DLL.dll 000052AB:0) -- Wed Feb 18 19:26:21 2015
---------------------
From what i was told this is what happened , Player A and B were in a private house alone composing , Player A composing a pet , suddenly player A and B freeze and get the same error in their debug log , the house does not contain effects nor does the mount , they froze about 5 times that day while composing the same mount , no issue with other pets , many other players have the same mount but no one ever reported of freezing/disconnecting .
Old 02/23/2015, 23:39   #8

Very interesting.

Any lines outside of C3 errors?

its looking like what i planned to do with this is a little less useful than originally gathered - apart from the fact that TQ would clearly have logs of this error each time it happens.