Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 07:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

how to award certain player certain items

Discussion on how to award certain player certain items within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
how to award certain player certain items

hi there,

trying to figure out how to award items to certain players for donating and such.

lets go with the newbiegift as example, how would i get it to a non pm player?
Old 01/04/2015, 09:17   #2

You'd have make action and task for it. I believe could be wrong
Old 01/04/2015, 16:56   #3

elite*gold: 540
add a next fail for checking whatever db table/column u use to keep ur donation records in ...(which action u use to check will be different depending on each table)...
to the actions it runs after someone logs in
and award their item if they pass the table/column check
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/04/2015, 17:53   #4

Or when people donate for example you could just go into your database go into cq_item and add there item there ? if its just a item like a bag its 1 line, i cant see you needing to make a action for it lol when you can just trade them it or put it into the bag of the player
what people these days fail to see players like the pm interaction as well as the fast awards.
Old 01/04/2015, 20:26   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedabest321 View Post
Or when people donate for example you could just go into your database go into cq_item and add there item there ? if its just a item like a bag its 1 line, i cant see you needing to make a action for it lol when you can just trade them it or put it into the bag of the player
what people these days fail to see players like the pm interaction as well as the fast awards.
thats a great way to do it if you have a pm online 24 hours a day ... but if not then u will get just as many issues from players waiting for their award

either way just answering the question asked ....
Old 01/04/2015, 23:22   #6

Best way to do it if a pm isnt able to get on all day and only be on for 1 hours a day, surely set a time when you can get on, and then add all of the donation items in, I would rather do it that way then add it in auto... But you can also say, if a PM dosnt have time to log into a server and award there players there donation stuff, then when does he have the time to edit lol and where does the edits come from, what is the point in playing if a pm cant be on for few mins aday and run everything by auto :P " Automatic maint / Automatic donation "
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/05/2015, 03:52   #7

keep in mind the following is super simplified and should NOT be used without modifying it as this could be exploited very easily in such a simple form

action example:
Code:
1	2 	3 	1001	0	gamecard = >= etc [number u choose for donation item]
2	0 	0 	126	4	press~ok~for~your~reward
3	0 	0 	126	0	you~dont~have~an~active~donation
4	0	0	0	0	your award action goes here
you could also add an entry for gm logging to be able to keep a record.
using ball_card and the two gamecard tables you can take advantage of the system already created by tq for ep cards.... it would help provide a more secure verification system... however would involve a much more complex action

as far as my preference on which method to use i dont use either one of the methods mentioned myself
....just offering a valid way that it could be accomplished automaticly ....

the other part of this is what to do when someone donates to get it in cq_user... which involves a security risk if you dont write your website script properly so having it save to a text sql file to run on a timed task might be more secure than using a form on ur site to insert into your database. also would involve specific permissions only to allow insert to that column in cq_user to help prevent unauthorized access via some website exploit
however thats a whole different discussion
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/14/2015, 21:23   #8

thanks guys