Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 20:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Automating Maintenance

Discussion on Automating Maintenance within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Automating Maintenance

Anyone have any advice, useful programs, or a guide to enable automating the maintenance?
Because of the time difference between server location and the clientele, I would rather automate this function. Anyone?

Kinda hoping that the guides already here are not pointed too, as I have read the two i found.
One will damage the db - dont want that.
The other doesnt work according to the replies.

Something to shutdown the servers without using the Task Manager, create a db back up, and then restart the servers. All with an easy to use interface, timer function etc.

Now theres a challenge!!
I reckon someone out there ought to be able to create something like that.
Old 04/07/2012, 07:29   #2

elite*gold: 433

Check there, i dont know if it may answer your question but at least i tried.
Old 04/07/2012, 10:18   #3

I've coded this program before. but i format my pc and now its gone:S...
will think to make it again
Old 04/07/2012, 10:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukester View Post

Check there, i dont know if it may answer your question but at least i tried.
The two tools he was referring to are found in that part of the forums. . But this is a topic that has not been discussed much, Let along any working releases of this function. Most of the time people keep this to them selves.

I believe what he is referring to is some what of the same auto maintenance function ACME had which at every night it would start a count down letting everyone know that the server was going down.

Next time read and take into consideration of what some says rather than trying to point them in a direction that they have obviously been.

@karynyge - It may be possible that you could talk to funhacker and maybe see what he says about releasing. He may also see this and think of it being a good way to give back to the community.

@lukester - Also I apologize ahead of time if what I said seems in anyway disrespectful. Hope you understand I didn't mean anything about it.

@Sir*DeviL - It would be nice if you could release it, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it. But it's not doing him any good if you don't have it now.

Once again I apologize for any of this if taken in a negative way. Good luck to everyone. ^^
Old 04/07/2012, 12:28   #5

I'll talk to FunHacker later on today and ask him to if i may release his auto maint tools. i know that he said the database could be posted public but as per his custom tools that were recovered i'm not 100 percent sure of. keep posted on the releases thread later today