Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 10:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Once Successful Forum is Being Further Destroyed by it's Moderator...

Discussion on A Once Successful Forum is Being Further Destroyed by it's Moderator... within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Angry A Once Successful Forum is Being Further Destroyed by it's Moderator...

On what seems to be the same tune as lukesters thread, I'd like to say something because I can and should be able to fight something I actually believe in.

There is a particular moderator of this forum. Not saying names, even though its kind of obviously because theres only one moderator LOL... Anyway, theres a particular mod that has decided to (in his own individual manor) destroy what has already been destroyed.

Its obvious this forum is not as successful as it once was, due to the fact that our resource of technology needed to expand on private server development is un-obtainable. But why is it that the forum has become a place for repetitive conversation? Why is it that the only threads that are seen on the main forum are conversations of people practically saying "go use search"? I'm NOT saying that these threads are in any way wrong or that they shouldn't be here, all im wondering is why is it that they are the only threads that are here? It comes down to the fact that this "mod", out of his own free will, finds whatever reason he sees fit and locks whatever posts actually show promise to fixing the problem we see with repetitive threads.

puck it, lets face it, EURION LOCKS WHATEVER HE WANTS TO and finds a reason to lock it. For example, I posted a thread which is actually about politics but it is seriously relevant for private servers and EO pservers being one of them. I thought it would be something different to actually talk about on this forum if we had a topic which did talk about how our servers are being threatened. For the main reason that we are being potentially threatened and that it was something to discuss. But according to Eurion the topic is "in no way relevant to private servers". Um actually it is and you've just proven my point that you lock whatever you want for whatever reason you want.

There are many reasons why I believe Eurion shouldn't be a moderator here but I will be considerate and think about how hard it must be to be one. I get that its tough and whatever, but in no way do you actually have to be ridiculous and thats what your doing when you lock topics for stupid reasons.

Now to those of you that are just gonna suck up to Eurions "oops"hole, think about what actually matters in this forum and if your seriously gonna support what hes doing, your just as bad and your destroying it even further.

I dont want you to stop being a moderator Eurion, infact I think majority of what your doing is fair enough but consider what you actually use your powers for and if you choose to lock this thread and not allow people to give their input, im taking it to a higher authority and im sure alot of others may agree to do so aswell. Lol.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/21/2012, 06:27   #2

Speaking as a user of this forum, I dont mind reading the ''use the search threads/replies. I much prefer the repitition than i do in seeing nothing new. And as such, i have to agree in part with some of the above.
I too have had a thread locked without a reason posted.

I have to say that to your point about the politics- The FBI, (so i have been told) have closed down MEGAUPLOAD. I for one think that sucks. So yes politics does impinge on the things we all will be able to post in here in the future.

As a forum admin, totally unrelated to this kind of forum, I have also say that being a mod or admin is a largely thankless task. You get all the grief, and none of the thanks for doing the job.

In closing, I dont think threads should be closed without a reason posted in the thread. Or at the very least, unless someone asks for it to be closed, with reasons.

UPDATE
Regarding MEGAUPLOAD
Megaupload Sharing Website Closed

One of the world's most popular file-sharing sites has been shut down, with its New Zealand-based founder and several company officials accused of facilitating millions of illegal downloads. A US indictment accused Megaupload.com of costing copyright holders at least $US500 million ($A481.30 million) in lost revenue, Megaupload is based in Hong Kong, but some of the alleged pirated content was hosted in the US on leased servers in Ashburn, Virginia, which gave federal authorities jurisdiction, the indictment said. The US Justice Department said in a statement that Kim Dotcom, 37, and three other employees were arrested in New Zealand on Thursday at the request of US officials. The four, two of whom are New Zealand residents, are among seven people facing online piracy charges in the US. Fifteen people, including children, were present when police raided the Auckland property of Megaupload's 37-year-old founder, Kim Dotcom (also known as Kim Schmitz), a German national and New Zealand resident, about 6.45am (0445 AEDT). Schmitz and two other men were arrested at the property.
Yes this is directly copied from another site, not Megaupload.

LOOK HERE!!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/21/2012, 07:36   #3

Yeah I know right, apparently some organization called Anonymous had alot to do with it, like they spammed their site or something idk but yeah it just goes to show how dangerous it can be for all of us on the forum.
Old 01/21/2012, 09:33   #4

Received Thanks: 1,242
I don't see an issue with Eurion I think he is a great mod. Yes some threads are locked without reason but if you look back threw just normal "non-mods" posts you can see them stating a reason as to what is wrong with the thread like it being in work part of the forum or that they should have used search etc. So rather then Eurion just repeating what ever has already been said I would say it just gets locked. Yes i understand some don't even have that so in that case then it should be explained.
Old 01/21/2012, 10:12   #5

Received Thanks: 1,054
Once successful forum wow .. u really think that Eurion is even related to the death of our forum . i do agree that its not that good to find ur new threads dashed over the forum with no specific reasons however the section is being Threatened by
-Lack of Developers
-ppl like me think that its better to add ur new stuff to ur upcommin server not here
-we dont have the latest updates made by the TQ recently
-many of us think that its impossible to compete Old servers such as Demons-Online
-none of us thinks of somethin to solve bugs or even a sample of a new event
-others think that everthing has been already released .

thats why our section's going down . an i guess that too far apart of Eurion's Power

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just as a reference over here , a mod has opened a thread lately

what i noticed is that Eurion is not online for those few past weeks and when he used to lock threads im 100% sure he replied with ''why that topic was closed''

G.mods can close anythin they want so it might be a friend of Eurion or a Global Mod whose closing the off-topic threads (in his thoughts)

BestRegards .
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/21/2012, 10:33   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sword~Stalker~. View Post
Once successful forum wow .. u really think that Eurion is even related to the death of our forum . i do agree that its not that good to find ur new threads dashed over the forum with no specific reasons however the section is being Threatened by
-Lack of Developers
-ppl like me think that its better to add ur new stuff to ur upcommin server not here
-many of us think that its impossible to compete Old servers such as Demons-Online
I agree you sword , eo forum is failing coz we dont have the lastest updates from eo , a year ago the forum was too active and busy atm i remmber we even had two mods to handle it , but thats because at that time we could get many stuff from tq and 90% of the forum members had no clue about coding or making eo servers , so just a release like how to add a pet or an outfit was an epic release that time but now ? i wouldnt bother to read it , because 90% of us now know all the stuff that has been released we need more than that we need godship , complete vampires , and everything tq has , or tq players won`t bother to leave tq servers to join any of our private servers since itis not updated with what tq has , my point is we almost found and know everything about the datebases we have no more secerts to find inside out datebases we managed to know how to make max lvl 255 , how things are added and managed and that stuff we all know now , so the section will be dead like that until we get tq `s lastest db and unlock itis secrets ... the death of this forum has nothing to do with eurion , hes doing hes job well , and if u wanna know why ur threads getting locked them iam sure u will find your answers on the forum rules page .
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/21/2012, 10:43   #7

Received Thanks: 1,054
emm , i am really not sure but it seems that ur tryin to get some fans and followers for ur ''Upcommin'' Mod application and that aint good .
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/21/2012, 12:08   #8

Every topic that gets closed is closed because of a few reasons.

1. It's unrelated to the section it was posted in. If the users join date is recent, then I excuse them for being new and move their topic to the correct area.

2. It's in a violation of the forums rules.

3. Its closed by someone other than myself.

Onto your recent topic that was closed, It was closed because it has no value to Eo private servers if you did you research, too many big companies are boycotting it as we speak, that is why it was "shelved" for the time being. When and if it even gets close to becoming a problem for anyone who hosts a server, I will gladly allow some discussion on the topic.

Here's some bonus thoughts that people need to think of, I can't go into details on it, but my advice is,

It's not politics that are going to kill this section but new rules that may come out.

Currently there are discussions which are going on that will either allow us or deny us the ability to post links to the binaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
Well this might or not be become successful. I doubt that there are people around that come here to ask for download links but you'll never know.

I know you said that it's not your concern but apparently this is the reason:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs
The Eudemons section really shouldnt be exempt, the moderators of that section have always defended it because without being exempt the section would basically have to be closed since no one has written an Eudemons source themselves, atleast thats the reason that was used the last time.

I dont really agree with it to be honest.
*source of the quote came from

It's not easy being a mod and having to deal with everyone's complaints about things, but we can only do what the rules allow us to. If you feel that I "abuse" my power, then feel free to open a complaint, Or better yet make your own application to become a moderator if you feel you can do the job better.

I will leave this topic open for now, any flaming that goes on, it will be closed without any questions asked.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/21/2012, 12:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sword~Stalker~. View Post
-Lack of Developers

thats why our section's going down . an i guess that too far apart of Eurion's Power

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just as a reference over here , a mod has opened a thread lately

what i noticed is that Eurion is not online for those few past weeks and when he used to lock threads im 100% sure he replied with ''why that topic was closed''

G.mods can close anythin they want so it might be a friend of Eurion or a Global Mod whose closing the off-topic threads (in his thoughts)

BestRegards .
I 100% agree with you in all what you said and i see that there aren't any reasons for being this section dead except yours and as Eurion gave me 2 infractions he is a very nice moderator because i was a forum owner and i was doing what he is doing now so no one blame him for what he is doing.
Old 01/21/2012, 15:32   #10

Okay so to start us off, everyone needs to think for themselves for the tiniest little moment that you spend on this thread because its really annoying and pathetic, so anyway...

Thank you for not locking this topic. I'm actually not here to try and make it harder for you Eurion, but to be honest your excessive locking of topics needs to stop. I can't feel comfortable at this forum if I have to worry every time I make a thread that it's going to be locked. Although your totally right about the legislation being shelved, it actually wasn't in that state when you locked my thread. And even if it was, why can we not discuss it? It still affects us? And why can we not be able to discuss something that is a little bit more interesting than the constant "NEED HELP" or "NEED HELP" or... yours truly: "NEED HELP".

If nobody actually realized, I already stated that the forum had fell apart due to the lack of updated material in my first post. So I dont know why you have to restate it and then quote it like "omg sword i totes agree with you".

I'm actually prepared to publicly release the vampire files my server processed and the files for godship from Disturbia and many other complex releases ive built for my server if I could actually feel comfortable that I can have an open topic lol. All i'm asking for is that I actually am aloud to say what I want to say, while still having "the rules" in the back of my mind.

Quote:
I 100% agree with you in all what you said and i see that there aren't any reasons for being this section dead except yours and as Eurion gave me 2 infractions he is a very nice moderator because i was a forum owner and i was doing what he is doing now so no one blame him for what he is doing.
You make me want to put my face in a breadslicer.
Old 01/21/2012, 15:51   #11

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
You guys need to get into writing your own source code, instead of using binaries. It has many advantages over using the binaries, first and foremost you can be upto dated, secondly it brings people to the section to help you develop the code and to play around with what you have released. You can write in new features the EO has never seen before.

It would save this section, i mean just compare the EO pserver section to the CO one, they are near identical games but our section is several fold more popular and active, and ironically EO is now TQs flagship game. I mean, i asked a fairly basic question about a Map Status type and no one could answer me, you dont even understand how your own game works =/ this type of question is like fundamental to running a server.

For anyone interested in programing an EO source, go and download a CO source and convert it, it honestly isnt that difficult.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/21/2012, 16:01   #12

The topics that were closed, were closed because they violated the rules of the board. According to the rules, if your topic isn't specifically related to Eo Private servers, it shouldn't be posted in this section.

Now take the SOPA bill for example, this applies to mostly Films, and Music (Especially now with all the boycotting). So It would fit more in either the off topic section, or a film/music section. It would also fit under the following rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.L.O.M.O.N.
if you want to chat about non-game-related stuff, go to the Off-Topic and post there, but remember that even the off-topic is not a unlegislated area! Going off-topic in other areas will end up in infractions / warnings

As of this writing, SOPA has been put on "hold". If anyone wants to read on it, you can do so

Back onto the subject of topics and posts though. If you want to post, feel free, as long as the topic/post follows the following examples, I see no reason why I would have to moderate it.

1. Related to Eo Server Development or the advancement of it.
2. Not flaming one another.
3. Isn't complete spam
4. Isn't threatening one another.
5. Doesn't break the forum rules.

-----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
You guys need to get into writing your own source code, instead of using binaries. It has many advantages over using the binaries, first and foremost you can be upto dated, secondly it brings people to the section to help you develop the code and to play around with what you have released. You can write in new features the EO has never seen before.

It would save this section, i mean just compare the EO pserver section to the CO one, they are near identical games but our section is several fold more popular and active, and ironically EO is now TQs flagship game. I mean, i asked a fairly basic question about a Map Status type and no one could answer me, you dont even understand how your own game works =/ this type of question is like fundamental to running a server.

For anyone interested in programing an EO source, go and download a CO source and convert it, it honestly isnt that difficult.
I agree and disagree at the same time. I agree that it could possibly save this section, but the amount of people who run Eo servers who are actually capable or patient enough to learn a new language are far and between. I've done some of what you have suggested though, I have downloaded some Co sources to check them out, but between work and family, I don't get as much time as I once did.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/21/2012, 16:26   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurion View Post
I agree and disagree at the same time. I agree that it could possibly save this section, but the amount of people who run Eo servers who are actually capable or patient enough to learn a new language are far and between. I've done some of what you have suggested though, I have downloaded some Co sources to check them out, but between work and family, I don't get as much time as I once did.
Completely untrue.. The CO section is full of people in their teens who have learnt how to program just by being determined enough to get a server online. How do you think the majority of pservers for games come about? Not every game gets leaked binaries, the way most pservers come about is someone starts, then others follow.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/21/2012, 16:29   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Completely untrue.. The CO section is full of people in their teens who have learnt how to program just by being determined enough to get a server online. How do you think the majority of pservers for games come about? Not every game gets leaked binaries, the way most pservers come about is someone starts, then others follow.
Perhaps I should have stated it in a different way. What I meant is that the amount of people willing to learn would be few and far between. If you scan through this section, you will notice that most of the topics that aren't released by a select few of the members are from people who could have used their brains and answered their questions themselves.
Old 01/21/2012, 16:35   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurion View Post
Perhaps I should have stated it in a different way. What I meant is that the amount of people willing to learn would be few and far between. If you scan through this section, you will notice that most of the topics that aren't released by a select few of the members are from people who could have used their brains and answered their questions themselves.
That's completely irrelevant to be perfectly honest, that's how things are now yes, but you have no idea what they would be like if this section had more active source development. Why not give it a try instead of complaining that such a thing is unlikely to work
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread