Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dumb Question Time

Discussion on Dumb Question Time within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Dumb Question Time

Q1 - Shouldn't there be a cq_monster and cq_monstertype in all Db's?

Q2 - When changing only the lookfaces of some monsters and guards in the Chaos/MortalQueen, why does the NPCServer constantly crash? (It didnt before)

Q3 - Has anyone got some links to the latest Msg, Npc and Account servers?

Thanks will be given.
Old 12/25/2011, 12:07   #2

elite*gold: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnyge View Post
Q1 - Shouldn't there be a cq_monster and cq_monstertype in all Db's?.
yes on the second no on the first part of this question
Quote:
Q2 - When changing only the lookfaces of some monsters and guards in the Chaos/MortalQueen, why does the NPCServer constantly crash? (It didnt before)
rapair the table and dont use those particular lookface?
Quote:
Q3 - Has anyone got some links to the latest Msg, Npc and Account servers?
just use the gameserver from a different database download you will need to make sure it has all of the parts you need for your database though (mostly maps) but if you update your message server you may need to update mysql as well
Thanks will not be needed merry christmas
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2011, 13:39   #3

Originally Posted by karnyge

Doing that would result in the guards and some monsters not looking right. As an example, the madbulls would look like Potatoheads or eggs.

Thx anyways
Old 12/25/2011, 18:13   #4

elite*gold: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnyge

Doing that would result in the guards and some monsters not looking right. As an example, the madbulls would look like Potatoheads or eggs.

Thx anyways
I meant the particular ids but if you cant change the madbulls without crashing your npc server then I would suggest maybe adding them again to your client or trying a fresh client if they dont work.. npc lookfaces are almost entirely in the client and you must have an error in them.....

if you are only trying to change one or two lookfaces and you cant seem to get them to work try re adding them into the client with a new id and use that id instead (I say ad new instead of repair because its usually the easier way to go) then you can either get rid of the original or leave it if you want
Old 12/25/2011, 22:13   #5

Its the Madbulls, Bullywogs, Gnomes, BigFang and Golems that all have the wrong lookface. I am going to try adding one at a time, restarting the servers and checking. If any one of the lookfaces crashes the server i will undo it and move to the next one.
If push comes to shove i will try your idea, mainly as a last resort. I dont fancyt replacing every lookface as there are plenty in here i want to use.
Any who crash the server i will post about here.

Thanks again.
PS, Could you spare me some time to help me get the vamp in. I have tried several times and it screws the whole db badly. So bad that i have to restore a backup. Leave an msn on my page if you can help or talk me thru it